Need Organic Nute Suggestions

I really doubt that... when plants need about 63 different nutrients to live a happy life, but you can definitely grow something passable applying NPK knowledge to the plantand RO water, however you're looking at a lot of problems along the way.

You must know that people grow big, beautiful plants using hydroponics all the time. What's to doubt? By "63 different nutrients" I assume you mean the micronutrients a.k.a. trace elements--cobalt, manganese, etc. Those come in the micro bottle.

This is all long settled science that has been in agronomy and horticulture textbooks for decades.

The organic folks seem to wanna believe that there is some majik beyond just the chemistry, and that is of course a perfectly natural human trait, but there's really no woo-woo required. A five gallon bucket and three bottles of nutes will do it, and does do it for people all over the world.

If you feel better growing in seaweed, chicken poop, and molasses, that's fine, but you don't gotta.

Pull your Brix and tell me far you can go with hydro? It's obvious you can do it, no doubt about it. It's like living on bread and water. Sure you can do it, the question is do you really want to? I'm just gonna add that I never grew any other way than organically, but I smoked every type of produce there was: indoor, outdoor, hydro, organic, synthetics based, supersoil and I could never find better than pure organic (LOS) :hookah:

There's a reason why only organic enthusiasts have embraced "brix." It's pseudoscience. You're using woo woo to validate woo woo.

But if it's working for you, that's great! :thumb:

I'm afraid this discussion is devolving into something dangerously close to a flame war and running Why Doe's thread into the weeds, so I'll shut up and give y'all the last word.

Peace, and happy growing.

I'm gonna have to disagree I grew a 1.5 foot tall little plant that yielded me 7 dried ounces of really good smoke. And the only thing I used was tap water, synthetic fox farm trio, cal mag, and big bud by AN. Couple of times I used recharge. This go round I'm hoping for much better and much more considering I have a ro system coming in along with a bunch of organic products.

You're scientific, man. You should know what refraction is :)

Refraction - Wikipedia

Unless you want to dismiss basic laws of optics, Brix scale is quite hard to be falsified :hookah:

There's a reason why only organic enthusiasts have embraced "brix." It's pseudoscience. You're using woo woo to validate woo woo.

But if it's working for you, that's great! :thumb:

I'm afraid this discussion is devolving into something dangerously close to a flame war and running Why Doe's thread into the weeds, so I'll shut up and give y'all the last word.

Peace, and happy growing.

The one thing you gotta learn about me is I love debates, it's a very powerful learning tool for me. I've been getting the feeling you don't feel the same way lol

I really doubt that... when plants need about 63 different nutrients to live a happy life, but you can definitely grow something passable applying NPK knowledge to the plantand RO water, however you're looking at a lot of problems along the way.

No problems ;)

IMG_255125.JPG

I've been getting the feeling you don't feel the same way lol

Well obviously I have been engaged in the debate so I must enjoy the back and forth to some extent, but when it gets to the point where people (including myself) are just digging in and arguing, then I feel like it's time to drop it, especially when it's someone else's thread.

I done said my piece.

It works, period. The question is slightly different though. Let's use an analogy, do you want something sweet, nutritious and full of flavour when you buy a tangerine or something dull, watery and low on vitamins and minerals? How you grow stuff and what you do to it actually matters in the end, but you have to care for it, cause if you don't then it doesn't matter I guess :smokin:

It works, period. The question is slightly different though. Let's use an analogy, do you want something sweet, nutritious and full of flavour when you buy a tangerine or something dull, watery and low on vitamins and minerals? How you grow stuff and what you do to it actually matters in the end, but you have to care for it, cause if you don't then it doesn't matter I guess :smokin:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Everyone who has tried my synthetic grow on tap water said it's amazing, some even say it's as good if not better then some dispensaries. Hell I can barley tell the difference between cannabis itself, weed taste like weed to me. But I'll defiantly know for sure after this grow.

And that's hard to argue. I mean what you like is personal, so if you feel the difference good for you and if you don't then nothing will convince you there is one. It's like with wine or food or whatever else you can smell or taste. Some people don't have sharp senses and some do and this is what really changes the direction you take in growing, you're chasing what works better for you :smokin:

I'm not trying out organics because of the better tasting bud. I'm switching because I believe it's the superior way of growing, at least superior to how I'm currently growing. I think the plant will thrive much better be much happier and will yield more for me, if I get better quality smoke from it, then that's just a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom