Old Timers Advice Needed

clownshooz

420 Member
Hi folks, hope all is good. Question.. after doing a couple of semi succesful soil organic grows using plain water and teas i decided to try bottled nutes for a change.. see if i could up the yields a bit and see which is best for me going forward.
Okay.. after doing a bit of research i decided upon plant magic oldtimers organic range.. grow, bloom , calmag.. its supposed to be designed for uk water is what swayed me towards it as thats where i reside.
Anyways after reading small bits of info about the range online im still not sure whather i have to ph my water after adding said nutes to my tap water.. is it the same principle as using organic amendments where the soil buffers the ph? Are organic nutes different from synthetic nutes regarding water ph??Conflicting advice about it online so im a bit stuck.
Anyone familiar with the line? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
My soil mix will be biobizz light mix and worm castings only no amendments growing autos.. i have the biobizz ph up/down if i need it and it says on the bottle doesnt damage beneficial organisms.. So what yall think do i ph my water after adding nutes or just add nutes and water?
PH of water standing for a few days is7.5.. not sure whether it will rise or fall after nutes so... i would rather not ph but if i have to its fine.. i just dont want to be swapping about mid grow and ducking it up.. cheers in advance.

I check my pH after nutrients and cal mag are mixed in water. Adjust pH check again. If my mixture sits more than 10hrs I check pH again. Some mixtures are stable for a few days, some are not.

I have noticed some nutrients way more stable than others. It's always good to keep an eye on the pH. Something I learned later in life.

Welcome to 420 @clownshooz

Not familiar with that line of nutes, but usually organic nutes do not need pH adjusting, they will lower the pH slightly
As long as you are watering pH6.8 or below, you'll be ok
Thanks for the reply.. so after mixing nutes only adjust ph if its over 6.8?.. Ahh man so much conflicting advice about.. some folks saying you can go to 8.5 and it will still get buffered in the soil..

I check my pH after nutrients and cal mag are mixed in water. Adjust pH check again. If my mixture sits more than 10hrs I check pH again. Some mixtures are stable for a few days, some are not.

I have noticed some nutrients way more stable than others. It's always good to keep an eye on the pH. Something I learned later in life.
Exactly what i was planning to do.. originally lol.

Thanks for the reply.. so after mixing nutes only adjust ph if its over 6.8?.. Ahh man so much conflicting advice about.. some folks saying you can go to 8.5 and it will still get buffered in the soil..
If you're adding water that has a really high ph, the soil has to work harder to buffer it down to the right ph. As it does this, it'll lose it's buffering capacity.

Yep
The soil will buffer to some degree but far better to give roughly the right pH in the first place, keep it stable

Exactly. How I learned. I have 8.5ph water. While the soil maintained for a while I started to have random deficiencies pop up. My soil wasn't able to buffer anymore causing lockouts depending on severity.

This is a chart that was supplied by the nutrients I received yesterday.
20240402_141217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom