Need recommendation on proper lighting for 3x3 grow tent

gypsy22

420 Member
I have been looking around for a while now for new lighting set up for my 3x3 tent. My first and last grow that i did i used those t600 lights x 2.

I actually think the tent is bigger than 3x3, i went and measured it and it was 39inx39, anyway, this is the one i got 3x3x6ft Indoor Grow Tent, it was on sale. Well i also had bought the t600's from them and they seemed to do good for being on a tight budget. I got a half pound approx out of it so i was happy. After talking with another buddy that grows regularly he said i should be getting 1lb out of the tent this size and i need better lighting. After looking all over and window shopping, i realized holy crap! these things can get expensive. I am on a pretty tight budget so i cant afford to pull the trigger on lighting and have it turn out being garbage. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I have $350 avail to spend on a QUALITY light. Those mh t600s i used did ok, but i feel like after all that time i undercut my efforts by not having proper lighting.

Thanks in advance.

Here was my last grow, jager and ww.

20210116_141344_HDR.jpg

20210116_141349.jpg

20210221_123458.jpg

I'd give ViparSpectra a good look. They make some solid lights at great prices. I just tried the P4000 and have nothing but great things to say about it.

Also, our sponsors, like ViparSpectra offer members discounts!

Hi, FC3000 would be your best choice for 3x3x6 grow tent. It uses 896 pcs Samsung chip, increase your yield by 3.0g/w. The price of the light is within your budget. You can also get 3% off with discount code 420Magazine. :thumb:

I have been looking around for a while now for new lighting set up for my 3x3 tent. My first and last grow that i did i used those t600 lights x 2.

I actually think the tent is bigger than 3x3, i went and measured it and it was 39inx39, anyway, this is the one i got 3x3x6ft Indoor Grow Tent, it was on sale. Well i also had bought the t600's from them and they seemed to do good for being on a tight budget. I got a half pound approx out of it so i was happy. After talking with another buddy that grows regularly he said i should be getting 1lb out of the tent this size and i need better lighting. After looking all over and window shopping, i realized holy crap! these things can get expensive. I am on a pretty tight budget so i cant afford to pull the trigger on lighting and have it turn out being garbage. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I have $350 avail to spend on a QUALITY light. Those mh t600s i used did ok, but i feel like after all that time i undercut my efforts by not having proper lighting.

Thanks in advance.

Here was my last grow, jager and ww.

20210116_141344_HDR.jpg

20210116_141349.jpg

20210221_123458.jpg

I would consider a 315W CMH, it cover a 3x3 space very nicely. And affordable.
I just switched to a LED format but had used the 315's for many grows prior to making the switch.

I like the Bestva either the 2000W, 3000W or 4000W, all well within your price range. I've had my Bestva for 3 years of almost continous use, no issues. There are planty of other good LED lights, do your homework! I like the newer multiple light bar styles. Be sure to look at what the actual power draw is, not what the "equivalent ouput" is. i.e., in my case the Bestva is 2000W, but the actual power draw is 385W, so it's really 385W. I've seen some no name chinese products that claim 1000W, but the power draw is only 70W. When mine crap out, I will upgrade, but they have been very servicable.

I got about 12 oz. of good tight Zkittlezs on my last grow with one plant in my 3x3 with an hlg 260 from Grow Light Depot. It's a little under-powered for a 3x3 at 280 watts but not by much. And with your budget, it fits. gl.

I like the Bestva either the 2000W, 3000W or 4000W, all well within your price range. I've had my Bestva for 3 years of almost continous use, no issues. There are planty of other good LED lights, do your homework! I like the newer multiple light bar styles. Be sure to look at what the actual power draw is, not what the "equivalent ouput" is. i.e., in my case the Bestva is 2000W, but the actual power draw is 385W, so it's really 385W. I've seen some no name chinese products that claim 1000W, but the power draw is only 70W. When mine crap out, I will upgrade, but they have been very servicable.
Do they go completely off when timer is off

Back
Top Bottom