Need some help - First time indoor grow

I personally always water/feed till about 10/20% runoff but that's just me. I find it helps flush unwanted nute build up an salts out. Others do not an get great results. Problem with run off is now u have to find a way to remove it, never let it sit in the catch tray

Another question. When I water should I water until I get run off or run through as some people call it.

I like to see 10-20% runoff when I water/feed. I wait until my smart pots are light and then slowly water from the outside of the pot to the inside center. The pots are sitting on wire racks that go across the saucer, so drainage is not a problem. I empty the runoff from the saucers as necessary.
This works well for me, and it keeps the girls happy.
:high-five:

Thank you. I've started watering to runoff and curious to see how the girls like it.

I know you already know this, but make sure the pots are not sitting in the runoff.
:high-five:

Here is one of my photographs. Lemon haze from last year's outdoor grow with a couple other plants one being a heavyweight autoflower. 2.5 months since germination and it's showing this. Is it a hermie? Could it have been pollinated by the auto flower and that being the reason it's sexing now?
420-magazine-mobile541846392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile769696728.jpg

Here is one of my photographs. Lemon haze from last year's outdoor grow with a couple other plants one being a heavyweight autoflower. 2.5 months since germination and it's showing this. Is it a hermie? Could it have been pollinated by the auto flower and that being the reason it's sexing now?
420-magazine-mobile541846392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile769696728.jpg

Well, sorry to say it sure does have balls. Could be a number of reasons why. Sounds like there are a few variables there to easily narrow it down.

Yeah. I thought it had balls too thought maybe I saw some pistils also but starting to doubt that. Had to have been crossed with the auto to be sexing this early with 24/0 light schedule though right?

Yeah. I thought it had balls too thought maybe I saw some pistils also but starting to doubt that. Had to have been crossed with the auto to be sexing this early with 24/0 light schedule though right?

If the auto was male or hermie, I would go with that over the light schedule, as long as the light schedule didn't vary

Adding another plant won't make an existing plant hermie, stress or inturupting dark schedule may how ever. The pics I don't see any pistils so I'd say u have a strait up male :(. They can start showing sex in veg as I had 2 kushberry in veg grow pollen sacs.

Looked just like my Master Kush did when it started female and then male parts started showing.
89794be723a3fffe4487bc174279e03f.jpg

Classic hermi

Pistils - lady parts or red hairs

Stamen - "Stay Men" or sacks that explode male DNA to pollinate the lady parts you know because they tend to be sticky and hairy to collect the male DNA.

My suggestion is cut any male parts off with precision you wanna keep as many leaves and female parts.

You sure light isn't hitting that side during the nite?

Wow sorry to say but I think Kush Girl is correct on this one. I believe a male hermie cause of the hairs. Produce seeds maybe? Anyhow good luck. Dam patience, patience, it's hard I'll say....✌️

How do you have a male hermi?

More like true hermaphroditism that which is both male and female from genes.

Females are the only sex that can form male parts.

Males never form female parts from stress. If there were it would have been from grafting and doubt many guys are trying to stick there beautiful ladies on the root mass of a male because males root masses are also shit.

If this could be done by stressing, everyone would be doing it because you would have flowers with seeds.

We don't get that we get flowers with seeds from women in distress.
Or
Male pollen on the female pistil will begin to bear seeds.

I think your right on. The bottom pic you can see them sacks, but also hairs. Which could also mean a hermie that produces seeds.
I'm no expert so see what others think. Good Luck!...✌️

Those are your lady parts filling it if you notice it starts to look like a seed in there you have successfully had pot sex and made a little pot baby ready for the world when you are.

Classic hermi

Pistils - lady parts or read hairs

Stamen - "Stay Men" or sacks that explode male DNA to pollinate the lady parts you know because they tend to be sticky and hairy to collect the male DNA.

My suggestion is cut any male parts off with precision you wanna keep as many leaves and female parts.

You sure light isn't hitting that side during the nite?

That's how I got a couple of hermies, I found a light leak on that side the plant was on.
I removed 3-4 of them and now a couple of days gone by and their gone now and no sign of them no more or on my other 2 plants.
You do get leaks from the Velcro sides if you have them which I do. Took care of the leak and they seem to be doing fine, no more hermies!....

That's how I got a couple of hermies, I found a light leak on that side the plant was on.
I removed 3-4 of them and now a couple of days gone by and their gone now and no sign of them no more or on my other 2 plants.
You do get leaks from the Velcro sides if you have them which I do. Took care of the leak and they seem to be doing fine, no more hermies!....

I'd still remove any areas that were at anytime male

Tap pHed to about 6.3 left to boil off chlorine for 24+ hours. Calimajic 1 tap per gallon.

She needs Manganese no not mag or magnesium

Your pH has to be 5.8 or lower in your soil for your plant to be able to absorb it.

recommend heavy watering with 5.5 pH and continue watering for 2 weeks at 5.8

My first auto fem northern lights grow .. using advanced canna soils 150w led and plain tap waylter not ph'd let me know what you think guys ! I'm 5 weeks in and bout 3 days into flower ...

Another question. When I water should I water until I get run off or run through as some people call it.

regular watering you should stop when water starts to drain out of the bottom this is why we use collection containers under our pots some don't even water in the garden and have rooms specific for watering or a bathtub. I'd totally use a bathtub for flushing when flushing multiply the gallons of the pot by 3 so 5g pot x 3 = 15 gallons for proper flush

Back
Top Bottom