Need your thoughts!

Well, if you need to harvest with a chainsaw, you'll probably be pretty happy with your yield.

I was just curious watched some vids and heard this a few times. I have plants 3ft tall with a 2 inch wide main stem at the base as well as a 5 ft same size main stem, so was just wondering what my fellow growers think

I feel there are too many variables to make a prediction on yield...strain, location, training, nutrients...etc etc etc
Sounds like you have some nice healthy plants though. Would love to see pics.

That was my thoughts here are my girls 30 gallon grow bags taken 2 weeks ago various strains 0707201009_HDR.jpg0707201009.jpg0707201010_HDR.jpg0624201125a_HDR.jpg0707201010.jpg

I grow all natural from making my own fish emulsion,compost tea as well as crushing my " special" rocks for my bloom nutes. Absolutely no chemicals or pesticides are used. Water comes from snow melt lake im lucky to have on my property.

I live in the NW corner of Colorado have no season here will be forcing them on the 1st of Aug, should be done from 8 to 11 weeks depending on strain, ROAD DAWG X AFGHANI HASH PLANT, PURPLE PUNCH, MINT COOKIES X GRAND DADDY PURPS, WEDDING CRASHER, GRANOLA FLO X AFGHANI HASH PLANT. The afghani seeds i brought back from deployment to Afghanistan back in 2010 just got to grow and cross them last year

Nice grow you got going. Interesting to hear about the afghan you brought back.
Different varieties will have different stem qualities. Tropical land races will have nice flexible stems that bend like bamboo. Some broad leafed varieties will have thicker more rigid stems that snap easily. Then there is everything in between.
Yea those afghan seeds i brought back all went male last yr so figured x with some road dawg i had growing on a lower branch. They are an odd x and they have givin me a hell of a time this season but figures...2020 lol

This was indoors, but I assume it applies universally: Thickest I saw was when I was doing single-plant SCROG units, with long vegetative/growth phases and trying my best to attend to the plant's needs (as opposed to simply following someone's "nutrient schedule"). Those were the healthiest plant's I've grown, and by the end, I got the impression that the screen could have disappeared and the plant would still have been able to support itself. Also seemed like the flowering stretch might have been lessened somewhat (although that might have merely been my perception).

Since the transport systems in plants are only a few layers under the surface, one might reasonably assume that a greater stem/trunk diameter provides for a larger nutrient/etc. transport system (due to the increased circumference) and, therefore, a generally healthier plant and, thus, a bigger and better yield. Not simply because "it's a bigger plant," but because of the overall state of things.

I'm just rambling. Stuck indoors today.

Back
Top Bottom