New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK

In preparation of the other half of the box The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box to be completed, I have taken new clones. Like the first test run for the first side of the box to be completed, New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP, I am chronicling it here for record keeping purposes.

Feel Free to follow along with me as we put this DIY Cardboard Flowering Box through its paces to make sure it can handle full time production before I start using it full time for all my grows. This will be the last of the tests, and will be the deciding factor before a decision is made to either keep it and grow along, or to bite the bullet and get a frikkin tent. I hope for the former, as I'd rather use something I made/built rather than something I bought.

This will be a test for not only the box, but lighting arrangement, and fan efficiency. Before this test goes into the box, of course those things need to be installed, but I figured if I started the clones now, they would be ready when those things were completed. I also plan to veg these clones a bit longer than the first test before putting into flower to see if this box, being only 4 feet on the inside can handle the growth of a sativa.

This second test will be of 7 Ken's Granddaddy Purple and one of the <<GK>>Migraine Meds. While it's true that the GDP are indica, the <<GK>> is almost completely sativa and can grow very tall. Thus, it will be a test of the flexibility of the lighting arrangement. Also, with the new lights going in, there will be a fair amount of heat generated, and temperatures can get up to 90f very quickly, so it will also be a test for the exhaust system to be installed as well. Along with that, the <<GK>> and GDP can be some very aromatic herbs, so this will also be a test of the air scrubber I will be installing into the box as well.

For now, we have this. I will also tie the build, and the two tests together, so they can be easily accessed from one place.

Thank you for following along, I hope you enjoy.

Group Shot:
013112101443.jpg

The four GDPs
013112101504.jpg

The one with the green thing in the cube at the bottom is my <<GK>> clone for this run.
013112101456.jpg

re: New Flowerbox Test 2: Starting from Clones 7xGDP & 1x GK, Featuring Blue Planet Nut

Cleaned out my subscriptions list last night, this is the first thread to go into the subs folder!
Nothing tests like a test I always say.

re: New Flowerbox Test 2: Starting from Clones 7xGDP & 1x GK, Featuring Blue Planet Nut

Clones are 1 week in and doing well. I got a bigger mini greenhouse, so I can start to clone more at a time, and make a selection of the best of those. I will take the others to the co-op and offload them.

020712195413.jpg
020712195429.jpg

This little greenhouse has a nifty feature at the top: Vent holes! Just turn the little cover and it opens or closes them depending on how much moisture I wish to have in there. it really helps to, that the bottom on this one actually seals so if I only open them a little bit on the top, I got from having to mist them 3-4 times a day to 1 or 2 times a day.

020712195442.jpg

The Ebb & Flow is already set up and running to cycle it a bit before these clones go in. I realized that with the first test that I didn't wash my hydrotone quite enough and had red mud in the bottom of the res. NOT GOOD FOR THE WATER PUMP! So, I'll run it with the other one 1 day, change out the muddy water if it is this time as well, and supply fresh water. Rinse-repeat every day till the water is clear of mud, and then just let it cycle through until the day before the clones go in and change it out for fresh water, let that run for a day to help age it, and then add nutes and clones, and away we go!

The new flower test should start on or about 2/28/2012. So, check back then for the full run with BPN NUTES!! I can't frikkin' wait!

Till then here is the light config and the other pics of this side of the box.

020712184437.jpg
020712184417.jpg
020712184807.jpg
020712185038.jpg

This Journal Now Featuring Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part.

Okay, got the Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part ordered. Even though I got the order in at 4:30pm PST, which was 6:30 CST, I got confirmation from UPS in under 20 minutes that they had received notification of the package. 6 days average shipping. From the tracking site it shows, "Scheduled Delivery: 14-February-2012" that is exactly 2 weeks from the cut of these clones. I will start feeding them with BPN "Seedling" rate as soon as it arrives then gradually go up from there. I wonder if I should skip "Crazy Growth" though, and go directly to "Transition" to Bloom

I have also decided that as the first full production of this box, I might run a comparison, side-by-side, BPN vs. AN. Since I still have a bit of the Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice left, it only makes sense to use it up... although I really feel like trashing the crap. It either burns my plants, or I see signs of deficiency. Anyone that's been following my Maternity Ward plants will see that. I am still weighing the risk of a substandard, disappointing nutrient's results over what I want to have when/if this box goes into full production.

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2: Starting from Clones 7xGDP & 1x GK, Blue Planet Nutrients

Unplanned addition to the test!

Plush Berry (TGA Subcool)
Plush Berry Strain Genetics: Black Cherry Soda x Space Queen
Hybrid: Indica Dominant (80/20)
Breeder: TGA Subcool
Environment: Thrives well indoor or outdoor
Height: Very tall when grown untopped from seed Clones topped tend to stay shorter.
Flowering Time: 60-70 days Creates vibrant magenta pink and purple calyx in high numbers naturally.
Yield: Medium yielding plant with lots of resin encrusted sugar leaf for hash making
Look: Plush Berry marijuana displays heavy resin coating. Two main varieties occur the smaller dreading pink phenotype is my favorite. The larger more Indica dominant phenotype is the heavy yielder.
Smell: Black Berries, cherries. Best Smelling plant I have ever grown (Subcool)
Taste: The unique tastes of sour berries or jam Pleasing to the taste buds and the mind's eye. Amazing Berry Flavor: Taste like Black Berry Jam, Raspberries, Life Savers assorted pack, strong fruit over tones.
Effects: Upbeat and Relaxing Combination Relaxing and heady very calming and good for stress
Medical Uses: Anxiety, mood enhancer, stress

I found it yesterday at my co-op's menu site and just had to bring it home. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it there in time before closing, so I was first in line this morning. When I went to look them over, for $10 I found THIS mistake:
020912105847.jpg
020912110114.jpg

Needless to say, I had to bring it home. Once home, I cut the two apart.
020912110628.jpg

Once apart, I placed the one I wanted to keep into a 5" Grodan Rockwool Block, and into the Maternity Ward bin it went. Then, this one went into the veg/clone box awaiting the test to start on 2/28/2012
020912113625.jpg

This I think will be a nice addition to

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2: Starting from Clones 7xGDP & 1x GK, Blue Planet Nutrients

Okay, got the Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part ordered. Even though I got the order in at 4:30pm PST, which was 6:30 CST, I got confirmation from UPS in under 20 minutes that they had received notification of the package. 6 days average shipping. From the tracking site it shows, "Scheduled Delivery: 14-February-2012" that is exactly 2 weeks from the cut of these clones. I will start feeding them with BPN "Seedling" rate as soon as it arrives then gradually go up from there.

UPS update. Damn.

In Transit

Business Day(s) Left: 4

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Wednesday, 02/15/2012, By End of Day

Oh well, they can wait a day, I think.

I'm so frikkin exceted!!! new BPN should be here soon! They're in California already! (it reads from bottom to top)

XXXXXXXXX, CA, United States 02/12/2012 3:41 P.M. Arrival Scan
XXXXXXXXX, TX, United States 02/10/2012 4:23 A.M. Departure Scan
XXXXXXXXX, TX, United States 02/10/2012 12:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
XXXXXXXXX, LA, United States 02/09/2012 9:35 P.M. Departure Scan
XXXXXXXXX, LA, United States 02/09/2012 6:05 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 02/08/2012 8:13 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm so frikkin exceted!!! new BPN should be here soon! They're in California already! (it reads from bottom to top)

XXXXXXXXX, CA, United States 02/12/2012 3:41 P.M. Arrival Scan
XXXXXXXXX, TX, United States 02/10/2012 4:23 A.M. Departure Scan
XXXXXXXXX, TX, United States 02/10/2012 12:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
XXXXXXXXX, LA, United States 02/09/2012 9:35 P.M. Departure Scan
XXXXXXXXX, LA, United States 02/09/2012 6:05 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 02/08/2012 8:13 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

WOW weird??? mine usually says the city name... not XXXXXXXXXXXXX

:rofl:

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom