New Grower! - 5 Gallon DWC - 184W CFL - Mystery Strain - 2014

Still too early to say on the gender. I wouldn't expect to necessarily know sex before you start 12/12 and flower.

While the plant will mature and flower under any lighting eventually I think in your space you will need to initiate flower with photoperiod and then wait 5-9 days for the transition before you will really know for sure. The plants flowering stretch could easily add 70-80% to the starting height when switched to 12/12 depending on the strain.

I still think you should grow them a bit oversize for the space, given that one could easily be male. But then you risk a kind of Sophie's choice type situation where you foolishly grew them too large and got lucky with 2 females and now you're overcrowded and you have to top in flower or something. Either way its a tough call, you could switch to 12/12 pretty soon and have 2 nice manageable plants, or give them a few more weeks of veg and try to make two monsters.

I had to kill 7 plants this week cause of balls! :thedoubletake:

Ouch!! I hope that is not the case for me. But I am seeing what looks like the beginning of balls on both plants. Still too early to tell for sure, but based on where the little thingy is actually growing makes me think it's male. And to make things even worse, I'm seeing the same thing on the smaller one now. I think I am going to switch them to a flower schedule of 12/12. I'd rather know sooner than later and if it is going to need pulled I'd rather start over asap. I am going to throw them onto the 12/12 as of right now and see what happens after a week. I just hope I can get one female out of it. I am really concerned about if I pull the plant and can't get the roots to separate. I think is going to give me some root rot issues tbh. Or is it possible for the roots to sort of intermingle and be used by the remaining plant? Like in a forest how they all share the same root system. It's been a learning experience either way.

On a side note I am going to get my medical card on the 8th of January. :cheer::party::yahoo::slide::goof::woohoo:It's been such a fight with the doctors, that I haven't gotten it yet even though I've got close to 15 years of medical records that clearly show long term damage and trauma. This is going to make it easier for me to get clones and maybe even hit a dispensary for some temporary meds. Better prices than what I'm paying for street bud. I plan on maxing out the limit I am allowed to have across the board. Anyone know of a decent dispensary on the west side of the state? Like Seattle area. I was going through a guy that was getting it for me at cost, but I have no idea where he was actually going.

~K~:Namaste:

I had to take 5 guys down in my veg tent that were going on 2 1/2 months of 18/6. Mine is a land race so that could be why it showed signs before introduced to 12/12 but not positive. Out of 11 strains 2 are land races and they were the only 2 to show male and female preflowers.

I&I

20141201_233437.jpg

Turned the 5 males into a "sage bundle" but obviou sly cannabis and burnt it outside for the newyear. Was a pain to keep lit ha

Hey buddy I can't positively say you won't have a issue with rot. But that dwc harvest I just did, my tub was set up for 3 plants and about a month in one hermied it was a different strain than the other 2. I immediately removed it cut off right at the stem took it out of the room went back in and cut the roots right where they meet the root ball and the others as you seen finished 5-6 weeks later just fine as if the spare roots weren't even there. I learned I won't mix strains in a single dwc again only same strains from same proven mother. Otherwise too many variables as your finding out.

I think they are all the same strain, but I'm glad you have the experience of having this issue. It makes me feel a little better in case I have to yank one. Appreciate the words of encouragement from all of you!! I wish I could meet and share some of my harvest when I finally see one. Have a great year and keep on tokin!!

~K~:thanks::Namaste:

I think ib know what you're talking about looking like balls. Those are on all plants I've grown but I've never had a male. I can't say for sure but fingers crossed it's female..
If its not female; I would cut they plant at the base. Try to leave some leaf if possible just make sure ALL pollen acks are gone. This way the plant will stay alive aswell as it's roots so you won't have root rot issues. My friend has 2 plant dwc and has harvested one but the other is not ready so he just cut the one at the stalk and been living just fine.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom