New Grower Autos From Seed

Just a little update on the grow. Bud production looks good and looks like I'm going to have a good first run. Cut out the calcium intake since we're on week 8 for plant 2 and week 7 for plant 1. Have been checking daily with my pocket microscope despite it being a major pain in the ass to focus properly without cutting off a sample, the buds are really sticky now and I have to clean the pocket microscope after each use as it is glued to my eye after trying to get a good look, smells good though. As far as I can see the trichomes are just starting to get a bit cloudy and some of the sugar leaves on plant 2 are turning amber. Will be running into a bit of a problem since I have to go by the end of the month so we'll have to cross that bridge soon depending on if they're ready to harvest or not. At least I can have them hanging by then while I'm gone (2 days) so not a big issue I think. I've been trying to get the humidity up to at least 55 or 60% in these last few weeks since I've noticed the plants bulk up a bit after increasing it.

Well I've got notice that they are going to do a check in the apartments since the smell is bothering people :(. What times do we live in when a plant bothers someone. Anyways I have until the 20th to start my flush and chop these babies down so they have nothing to find. Will have to transport them to another location in garbage bags once cut being careful to watch my humidity (they will only be in the bags for 1 hour or so). I'm seeing mostly cloudy trichomes and some amber on the sugar leaves so I think I should be ok. Looking at flush times for hydro people recommend a week at least? On the positive side this is just more incentive to move out of this place and find a home this summer where I can do my thing. Just glad that it's happening now and not in early veg or flower. @Agemon how long do you flush in coco?

The flush is over rated, but you can reduce your nutrients to a 1/4 the last week if you want. The flush doesn't really do anything to help the plant but you can save nutes.

Don't starve your plants!

Here's what I've been doing the last few plants. At one week I give a light bloom booster and then what I call h20++. Ph'd gallon with 1/2 tsp armor si, 1/2 tsp Calmag, few drops of superthrive, and 1/2 tsp Diamond Nectar. Last week then chop.

I don't water the last 24 hours, they can start the dry on the vine! And yes I do a bud wash.

Sorry for the delay in response, I've been busy.

It's all good man, hope you had a good weekend! I pretty much had been feeding them right up until 24 hours since they have to come down by the 20th so i'll try the trick with no water for 24 hours and see how they take to it. I have been lowering the humidity down between 35%-45% so they will be a bit dry for the cut. I'm aiming at a seven day dry and then they go into jars for the cure.

That Nute Lock really took it's toll on your plants. Now you know what to do 'if' there's another one. The last week of flower is when the plants start to swell and pack on weight as well as trichomes too. A little bit of molasses and Calmag could get you some nice benfits for the last few days. just a .25 tsp per gallon of ph'd water.

You're stoked man! Plants looks super sticky and crystally!!!!

Yeah the lock out got me bad. Crazy, even at half dose it seemed to much for these girls. I think my big mistake was starting off at too high of a ph 6.3-6.7 when I go back and look at my journal. Next grow will be in pro mix MP just to compare the results with coco. Another light will be beneficial as well, looking at the new Mars hydro TS 1000. Tomorrow night I will be cutting her down so will be just giving her some carbs with my watering today along with no water for last 12 hours so they can take it all up. Yes I'm hyped and can't wait to sample them however need to be patient since they still have a bit of drying and curing to do:bongrip:

Trim yourself a nice little piece of popcorn, something kinda dense. Something that you'll get a couple/ few bowls from. Put it in the fridge for a couple days then let room dry for a day or so. Smoke that up, the flavor will be nice and you won't burn your throat. I've been doing samplers this way for a few harvest now. It's not bad for a quick preview outta the bong and drop some ice in there too.

:thumb:

:bongrip:

:slide:

So got everything chopped and drying, can't use my tent since everything had to come down so I constructed a dry box to put them in. Buds had to go into the car for a little trip and than to another location so they are in good hands now, maybe spent 1 hour in box with no humidity monitoring just trying to keep Rh and temp within specs now. 65F and 56Rh on day one and I expect this to go down a bit tomorrow. Very sticky and pungent smell to it that's for sure, I'm hoping the smoke is going to be just as good. Been a really crazy day for me and think I'll be taking a break for awhile until I move, then I can be really in my zone without any distractions. In all I'm happy with my first harvest and gained a lot of knowledge on this grow here on 420, have an idea of what to do and what not to do for the next grow which will hopefully be soon. Still not out of the clear yet, will keep posting until I get a final weigh in.

Took a sample bud out to smoke today and it tasted good, don't know if I'll get the full smell profile but I definitely can't complain. Had some concerns it would smell like hay, instead it has this nice piney smell. I can say that the effects are heady and uplifting, ash is nice and white too. This method works awesome for sampling @Agemon and thanks for showing it to me, not harsh at all.

:passitleft:

So everything done and placed in jars. Came out with 3.133 oz and feel I could have done better if I didn't run into problems and had plants started at the same time (they were a week apart from each other) as one plant took over the space in my little 3x3x6 tent. I'm happy with the results for a first time grow and with the light I had. I want to thank @Agemon @Barney86 and everyone for the words of encouragement. This grow flew by so fast and hopefully I can get back up and running soon as I've got Girl scout cookies, The purps strain and some blue orbit Spoetnik #1 x Blueberry waiting to be popped so should be fun. Shall we smoke now, yes. Cheers all!

So everything done and placed in jars. Came out with 3.133 oz and feel I could have done better if I didn't run into problems and had plants started at the same time (they were a week apart from each other) as one plant took over the space in my little 3x3x6 tent. I'm happy with the results for a first time grow and with the light I had. I want to thank @Agemon @Barney86 and everyone for the words of encouragement. This grow flew by so fast and hopefully I can get back up and running soon as I've got Girl scout cookies, The purps strain and some blue orbit Spoetnik #1 x Blueberry waiting to be popped so should be fun. Shall we smoke now, yes. Cheers all!
2019_0626_19340400.jpg

Nah mate I'm sorry but your gonna have to come up with a better name than that.
How bout uhm.... blorbit sputberry ooh No, it's blorberry sputnic! Haha where do people get these names from.
Glad we could help you out though mate. Makes it all worth while when you see a thanks for it :)
You survived it, learned a lot and got some banging smoke at the end of it.
That's a pretty successful first grow in my book!

Congrats Nuke!! The great thing about this hobby &/ or lifestyle is that you tend to get better with each grow. You slowly progress and then bam your droppin plants and harvesting 1/4 lbs, 1/2 lbs, Kilo's etc. It's a journey man and you're now on the path.

First let me tell you my first harvest was three small plants for an ounce, but it was a bomb oz. Some of the best buds I've grown to date. Crystally, super tight & rock hard after cure, and they got me HIGH AS FUCK!!!!! 818 Headband was the strain a 50/50 hybrid. All three of those plants were in 5 gallon of dirt, I had no clue what I was doing but I got some great buds. Contrast that 2.5 years later and I just dropped a Berry Bomb in a 1 gallon pot and got 88 gm, roughly the same as you got. I'm not bragging or trying to bring you down.

What I'm saying is you get better with each grow and you did better on your first grow than I did. :adore:

Congratulations Man, enjoy your veggies!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom