New Grower Autos From Seed

Thanks Agemon! Good to know it's looking how it's supposed to lol. Was just messing around with my microscope and decided to take some pics close up of a cut leaf that I had laying around. Very interesting all the little hairs you can see just on the leaf alone. Pics are a bit blurry due to using my camera through the microscope lens.

Was looking for it in your pics and couldn't find it, thanks for posting it. You have some really nice plants man! Loving the autos so far and will continue to grow them. They are perfect for where I live since we have to deal with a long winter and a short summer up here. Temps are starting to get humid and heat is climbing a bit so I will need to adjust my strategy for the next grow which will be photo periods since the first batch of Auto mazar seeds I had were no good. Held off a bit on watering today and it's crazy how they react when your off by five hours. They were looking a bit droopy so we'll see how they pick back up after a good watering.

Well looks like I may have a problem folks. I've noticed these little brown spots on my leaves and it's only on two of my top leaves so far however it appears to be spreading. Is this the beginning of a phosphorus deficiency? It's odd since I noticed a bit of tip burn on my leaves so not sure what's going on. I've cut out the grow nutrients and am running my bloom nutrients so maybe this will fix the issues. Anyone have any ideas?

I did back off the grow nutrients on last feeding and started bloom on the youngest plant since I thought she needed more phosphorus, she's only had 2 days of 50/50. I will be putting her back on 50/50 with grow and bloom as to not shock her with the transition. Plant #1 is coming along nicely and has had a full week of 50/50 bloom and grow feed. Strangely enough plant#2 was the first to pre-flower and the latest to sprout. I did up the calcium to 5 ml however backed it down to 4 ml when I saw the spots to avoid salt build up since I did not see a drop in ppms and a high EC. The fabric pots are lined with salt, would too much salt cause lock out? Below is my feeding for yesterday.
One thing for sure is that issues can literally show up overnight if your not on top of your feeding and these autos really need to be dialed in. :morenutes:

Plant 1 (healthy plant)
1 Gallon jug @ 797 ppm EC 1594 ph 5.8
5 ml Magnifical
4 ml Velokelp
4 ml Micro
4 mBloom
4 ml Astro flower
4 ml Natures candy
Runoff 814 ppm EC 1628 ph 5.9

Plant # 2 a.k.a spot (last to sprout earliest to preflower)
1 Gallon jug @ 690 ppm EC 1380 ph 5.7
4 ml Magnifical
4 ml Velokelp
4 ml Micro
4 ml Bloom
1 ml Astro Flower
1 ml Natures candy
Runoff 690 ppm EC 1380 ph 5.8

Been awhile since the last post and a lot has changed for better and worse lol. These plants have exploded in a matter of 2 weeks and have started to bud out all over the place. I did get a bit of a calcium issue. For the past couple of weeks I have been doing some crazy research online trying to pinpoint what the hell went wrong and than remembered one of the plants had been placed in charged coco medium that had been prepped over night and the other only for 5 hours or so. So lesson learned treat your coco with even amounts of calcium beforehand. I have a feeling that this is going to impact my bud production but seems like she's packing on a sufficient amount of nodes. I've been looking at super cropping the biggest since she's shy of about 3 inches from the light on the tallest bud site. Think I'll run out and get a trellis net to try and bend her a bit. Watering has been bumped up to twice daily now to avoid dry out.

Plant # 1
First feeding:
1 Gallon jug @ 651 ppm EC 1302 ph 5.4
5 ml Magnifical
4 ml Micro
4 ml Bloom
Runoff: 599 ppm EC 1198 6.0 ph
Second feeding:
1 Gallon jug @ 432 ppm EC 0864 ph 5.2
4 ml Velokelp
4 ml Astroflower
4 ml Natures Candy
Runoff 525 ppm EC 1050 5.9 ph
------------------------------------------------------
Plant # 2
First feeding
1 Gallon jug @ 683 ppm EC 1366 ph 5.6
5 ml Magnifical
4 ml Micro
4 ml Bloom
Runoff 432 ppm EC 0864 ph 6.1
Second feeding:
1 Gallon jug @ 483 ppm 0966 EC 5.2 ph
4 ml Velokelp
4 ml Astroflower
4 ml Natures Candy
Runoff 407 ppm 0814 EC 6.1 ph

So we're on week 5 of flower and the browning at the top of leaf canopy on plant # 2 is getting out of control, not sure what is going on but this has been spreading over a span of 2 weeks. I attempted to flush plant # 2 to drop ppms a bit and had it down to around 250 ppm. My ph in coco is not dropping, it stays at either 6.0 or 6.1 no matter how much water I run through at lower ph. I then had an idea that I'm getting possible light burn so I attempted to raise my led light up about 3 inches (furthest it will go). I've tethered the tallest bud site in the center to one of the corners of the tent to lower it a bit since most of the burning and crisping of the leaf seems to be in the center of the plant. Noticed also leaf tips are now starting to claw down a bit near bud nodes as well, so yeah a lot of shit is going on lol. I've attached pics if anyone has an idea of what's going. At this stage I have the lights up a bit higher and and am starting to raise my ppms a bit in suspect that she's not getting enough calcium or bloom nutes. Thanks all for the help!

Plant # 1
First feeding: 11:21 AM (4 weeks into flower nutes)
Feeding not accounted for however same results or close)
1 Gallon jug @ 557 ppm EC 1114 ph 5.8
5 ml Magnifical
3 ml Micro
3 ml Bloom
Runoff: 504 ppm EC 1008 6.0 ph

Second feeding
1 Gallon jug @ 407 ppm EC 0800? ph 5.7
3 ml Velokelp
3 ml Astroflower
3 ml Natures Candy
Runoff 504 ppm EC 1008 6.0 ph
------------------------------------------------------
Plant # 2 ( 4 weeks into flower nutes )
First feeding 1 Gallon jug @ 704 ppm EC 1408 ph 5.7
6 ml Magnifical
6 ml Micro
6 ml Bloom
Runoff 395 ppm EC 0790 ph 6.0

Second feeding:
1 Gallon jug @ 432 ppm 0864 EC 5.8 ph
3 ml Velokelp
3 ml Astroflower
3 ml Natures Candy
Runoff 426 ppm EC 0852 6.0 ph

I had it a while back, I ran three gallons of h20 w/ Flush, for removing nutrient build up and salts. Then I went to 1/4 feed and upped the calmag, I also started using Armor Si', or silica.

So to recap. Flush well and go to basic nutrients and add in or increase silica. All at 1/4 strength and then go from there. I'm in coco so I water feed twice a day. I'm telling you what worked for me, look up Nutrient Lock Out. Perhaps @Tio Hector can offer some advice.

Ok I will be doing another flush for my 2nd feeding tonight. Should I be ph'ing water down to 5.5-5.8 range? Last time I flushed I put through 5.5 ph water and coco was still at 6.0. and will not drop. I had the ppm down to 250 counting my tap water of 150ph after this. The only silicate that I can see in my nutrient line up is Velokelp which has a small amount so will be adding this along with just Magnifical (Magnesium and Calcium) 1/4 strength on final flush. I hope my thinking is right on this and this would be the way to go about it. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom