Dos Si Dos Under 500W BudgetLED Series 3+

Slicknick909

Got a feminized seed from a buddy that is a breeder, decided I’d try another journal along the way!

Grow set up is as follows:
1Mx1Mx2M tent
BudgetLED series 3+ 500w
Air pot (5gal equivalent)
Straight coco coir (buffered with cal mag)
GH rapid rooter
Mic stand tablet holder fan for circulation
6” inline vent fan for temp control in the tent

Nutrients:
Green leaf MegaCrop
Botanicare cal mag plus (if needed)
Green leaf bud explosion (in flower only)

here’s a picture of the sprouted seed dropped into the rapid rooter, soaked her for about 12hrs then put her in a paper towel on a seedling heat mat until she sprouted. Probably could have positioned the seed better in the rapid rooter but oh well.

96B16336-8287-4DD9-905F-48C3724C191E.jpeg

Got a feminized seed from a buddy that is a breeder, decided I’d try another journal along the way!

Grow set up is as follows:
1Mx1Mx2M tent
BudgetLED series 3+ 500w
Air pot (5gal equivalent)
Straight coco coir (buffered with cal mag)
GH rapid rooter
Mic stand tablet holder fan for circulation
6” inline vent fan for temp control in the tent

Nutrients:
Green leaf MegaCrop
Botanicare cal mag plus (if needed)
Green leaf bud explosion (in flower only)

here’s a picture of the sprouted seed dropped into the rapid rooter, soaked her for about 12hrs then put her in a paper towel on a seedling heat mat until she sprouted. Probably could have positioned the seed better in the rapid rooter but oh well.

96B16336-8287-4DD9-905F-48C3724C191E.jpeg
Hey Slick sounds like a great setup can't wait to see her explode for you. :thumb:

I love the air pot, you should start with a smaller one to take advantage of its benefits. She will be swimming in that pot till she can get air. Is that coco,
great medium was it washed buffered,any perlite? :peace: :Namaste:

I love the air pot, you should start with a smaller one to take advantage of its benefits. She will be swimming in that pot till she can get air. Is that coco,
great medium was it washed buffered,any perlite? :peace: :Namaste:
Apologies i see it is buffered. But adding perlite and a few other amendments is very beneficial.

Apologies i see it is buffered. But adding perlite and a few other amendments is very beneficial.
I don’t ever add anything to the coco coir except cal mag and I’ve always planted straight into the final pot with no adverse effects. I don’t bother adding perlite, used to add it but not anymore didn’t really see any advantages from using it. I like to keep it as simple as possible, hence my love for the megacrop!

I don’t ever add anything to the coco coir except cal mag and I’ve always planted straight into the final pot with no adverse effects. I don’t bother adding perlite, used to add it but not anymore didn’t really see any advantages from using it. I like to keep it as simple as possible, hence my love for the megacrop!
Sounds good :peace: Everyone does what works for them :thumb:
I have no experience with the megacrop. I'm curious how this will work.
I'll tag along and learn.

I am a huge proponent of the megacrop, especially the newest iteration of it. It is super simple to use and with my local tap water I don’t even have to adjust pH. I do use their bud explosion in flower though in addition to the megacrop itself but it isn’t absolutely necessary in all honesty. This is about my 10th grow using it now and depending on strain I do have to add cal mag some times. I saw a manganese deficiency in my GG4 with it though but I also think the seeds weren’t of quality (bought from some no name company at a local pot swap meet thing)

I am a huge proponent of the megacrop, especially the newest iteration of it. It is super simple to use and with my local tap water I don’t even have to adjust pH. I do use their bud explosion in flower though in addition to the megacrop itself but it isn’t absolutely necessary in all honesty. This is about my 10th grow using it now and depending on strain I do have to add cal mag some times. I saw a manganese deficiency in my GG4 with it though but I also think the seeds weren’t of quality (bought from some no name company at a local pot swap meet thing)
I used 3 different companies before I got a GG that lived up to its name.
I'm going to do some reading on the megacrop it sounds good.

I used 3 different companies before I got a GG that lived up to its name.
I'm going to do some reading on the megacrop it sounds good.
I have grown the actual GG4 from ggstrains and it was great but I haven’t been back to Vegas to get more seeds from them yet

I have grown the actual GG4 from ggstrains and it was great but I haven’t been back to Vegas to get more seeds from them yet
Got the beans from Holland years ago. I read a little about the megacrop it sounds unbelievable. Seed to harvest one powder? You recommend it that highly? I'm going to check more.

I have a couple of Dos Si Dos autos in flower in DWC atm and am waiting for all my coco equipment to arrive so I can start my first coco grow.

After reading this I probably just "wasted" some cash on a large bag of perlite and smaller pots.

Good luck

I have a couple of Dos Si Dos autos in flower in DWC atm and am waiting for all my coco equipment to arrive so I can start my first coco grow.

After reading this I probably just "wasted" some cash on a large bag of perlite and smaller pots.

Good luck
I wouldn’t say wasted, you have to figure out what works for you personally, I don’t think there’s a one size fits all grow method. I just have noticed no difference in the root ball or plant development with up potting or using perlite, but I’m not trying to grow killer top shelf buds just some stuff to keep me Stoney enough to be mellow but functional haha.

Got the beans from Holland years ago. I read a little about the megacrop it sounds unbelievable. Seed to harvest one powder? You recommend it that highly? I'm going to check more.
I have had exceptional luck with the megacrop so far, it sounds too good to be true but it actually works, I think they’ll even send you a free sample to try it and get you hooked lol

With it being winter and being in a mountain area I’m struggling to keep the tent above 70f may add a small space heater. Seeing pretty slow growth to start.

Back
Top Bottom