New grower from Oregon - Advice appreciated

JayD1980

420 Member
I took up amutuer growing with two starters I bought at the dispensary.
First started June 13th first photo.
Other two photos are July 31st.
Started flowering cycle July 24th, watering 1 to 1/2 a ltr per plant per day. I watch the leaves for dryness or signs of distress but I'm not sure How much I should be waering per day. Any help is apreciated.

20220615_172117.jpg

20220731_110511.jpg

20220731_110457.jpg

My advice is to turn off the Chinese blurple when taking pictures that you want people to look at. Have you replaced every light in your house with those things? No? Think about why not. FFS.

How does that help with how much to water?
Can't see leaf color or anything under the blurple color... Makes the plants look "nice" but for help/advice clear natural lighting is best to see any discoloring or other.

And hi thanks for sharing your garden.

But I go by weight of pot....water it til some run off, then pick up pot note the weight....then daily pick up pot.. if heavy wait...if light water.

The plants will show you they are thirsty by dropping....doesn't really hurt them and then after you water about an hour later they will be praying to light.

EDIT: Also some info on your grow such as soil/hydro/coco/mix...nutrients....grow space....etc would be helpful as well.

But I go by weight of pot....water it til some run off, then pick up pot note the weight....then daily pick up pot.. if heavy wait...if light water.

The plants will show you they are thirsty by dropping....doesn't really hurt them and then after you water about an hour later they will be praying to light.

EDIT: Also some info on your grow such as soil/hydro/coco/mix...nutrients....grow space....etc would be helpful as well.
Thank you for the advice on the weight

Hi @JayD1980 - Welcome to the forum - here's a couple of pointers

If you are growing in a very light medium, coco/perlite etc you will need to water frequently to keep it from drying out
If you have a compost/peat type mix, not as frequently as it holds more water for much longer, and the roots must get some air between waterings by drying or the roots may rot
Either way, when you do water, make sure to water the whole pot

Do you have any ventilation in there? They will need a lot of fresh air circulating, plus you may need a filter?
Lastly, look at the height - they can stretch double in flower so best start thinking about keeping them short or training them ASAP

Hi @JayD1980 - Welcome to the forum - here's a couple of pointers

If you are growing in a very light medium, coco/perlite etc you will need to water frequently to keep it from drying out
If you have a compost/peat type mix, not as frequently as it holds more water for much longer, and the roots must get some air between waterings by drying or the roots may rot
Either way, when you do water, make sure to water the whole pot

Do you have any ventilation in there? They will need a lot of fresh air circulating, plus you may need a filter?
Lastly, look at the height - they can stretch double in flower so best start thinking about keeping them short or training them ASAP
I have a tower fan that blows at the wall. I can see the leafs moving but not aggressively for air flow. Since I switched to flowering stage it has been growing very rapidly and producing much more buds. You're right I need to get on pruning

Looks like you’re pretty limited on space in there. As far as watering it looks like your doing everything fine. Looks like your light is maxed out for height and those ladies still have a while to go. Make as much space available as possible. In the future, always remember these ladies tend the double if not triple in height during flower. Make sure you keep those top colas away from direct contact with the light. Giving them more room or growing smaller plants in a small space gives you a lot more control over many more variables. They look really nice overall.

Back
Top Bottom