New grower, is this normal?

Khaoskalan187

I'm new to growing, but have been researching it for some time now. Everything was/is going well, but I'm starting to worry as my seedlings are drooping, and the leaf stems are kinda purple. 2 are 12 days old from sprout, and the 3rd is 9 days. I've been keeping the pH around 6.0, I have an air pump with air stone, CO2 booster and 4 cfls (recently lowered from 6 as I thought it was too much light for right now.) 3 of the cfls are 900 lumens, 14 watts, 6700k, and the other 1(3 if 6 total) is 860 lumens, 13 watts, 6700k. I was using some mix of micro and grow nutes, however when I switched setups I started using this stuff called "moon dust." It says it's 19-8-13. I dunno if what I'm doing is good, bad, or what, and if I am doing anything wrong, or if what's going on is normal?

02-09-15f.jpg
02-09-15e.jpg
02-09-15c.jpg
02-09-15b.jpg
02-09-15a.jpg
02-09-15a.jpg

I had to move the lights to take the picture, but they're around 2 inches from the tops. I guess I'll put the other 2 back then. Moon Dust includes 7 beneficial fungi, 12 beneficial bacteria, 2 trichoderma species, humic acid, kelp meal, and other vitamins.

General analysis: 19% Nitrogen, 8% Phosphate, 13% Soluble Potash, 2.5% Calcium, 1% Magnesium (water soluble), 0.02% Boron, 0.05% Copper, 0.25% Iron, 0.075% Manganese, 0.015% Molybdenum, 0.075% Zinc (chelated).

Beneficial Fungi: Glomus aggregatum, G. intraradices, G. mosseae, G. entunicatum, G. monosporum, G. deserticola, and G. clarum

Beneficial Bacteria: Bacillus subtillus, B. licheniformis, B. azotoformans, B. megaterium, B. coagulans, B. pumlis, B. polymyxia, Sachromyces cervisiae, Streptomyes griscus, S.treptomyces lydicus, Psuedomonas aureofacceans, and P. florescence.

Trichoderma: Trichoderma Koningii, and Trichoderma harzianum.

Yeah, that's what I figured it was. I also have some other stuff called OM with Sumagrow, and some other micro/grow/bloom nutes that are unlabeled. I know my temps are kinda high right now, looks like during lights on it stays in the low 90's, then during night cycle it's around 78, and the water is at 78.6 during the day, and drops a little when the lights are off. Gonna get another small fan to try and keep it cooler in there during daylight. Anyways, this is what they looked like this morning. I thought maybe moving the lights closer would've been a good thing, but one of them was slightly burned, as you can see.

02-10-15a.jpg
02-10-15b.jpg
02-10-15c.jpg
02-10-15d.jpg

Well, it's definitely nute burn now, but that's because the light burned it, lol. So, it can't get any nutes in those areas now :( I'm just gonna cut 'em off and hope for the best. Not sure if I should cut only the damaged areas, or if I should cut the whole "leaf" off.

Well I'm on my first grow as well so take my advice with a grain of salt lol. Do you have a ppm meter? Is so what's your ppm? For baby girls you have to keep your solution around 100 ppm, which is very weak sauce. If you don't have a meter I would strongly suggest getting one. Got mine on Amazon for 12 bucks shipped. Best of luck on your grow!!!

Yeah, I got my ppm meter when I bought my zerowater water filter, lol. It works really awesome. I did have the ppms a little high, I was between 4 and 500. The main issue was the lights though. I removed the 3 extra ones, and so far everything is improving alot. My solution change earlier did make a little yellow discoloration, but I changed the solution again, this time at 102 ppm, so we'll see what happens. Since I removed those lights, the temperature has been in the low 80's, which is much better than 90's to 100! I've also been able to keep the humidity above 15% as well... I cut the burned crap off, I know the one leaf probably didn't have to come off, but it was an eyesore, and it's probably a male anyways... As you can see the leaves are starting to flatten out like they're supposed to now, since it's not like the Arizona desert in there anymore, lol. This photo was taken before I changed the solution to 102 ppm.

02-12-15d.jpg

Ok, I've been managing to keep the environment alot better now, with 7 lights. The air temp is around 82, the humidity is 48-50%, the water/root temp is 68, and the pH is between 5.8 and 6. I put the box on a chair, and fabricated some aluminum foil to help guide the mist from a cool mist humidifier into the intake vent of the box. And look how lovely they're doing!

02-13-15e.jpg

Thanks bro! I've been reading two books which have helped me out alot, and I would recommend to anyone to read them. They are Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook, and the Marijuana Horticulture the Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes. Between those 2 books, and this website, I don't see how anyone couldn't grow at least something... Anyways, here's a better pic of my setup, and the progress this morning. Not sure if they'll recover from the heat stress they've endured. I gave up on trying to get the photos right side up... It loads the tall ones sideways every time.

02-14-15a.jpg
02-14-15b.jpg

I wish I knew brother, it was a bag seed. Could be anything from OG Kush, Grandaddy Perps, etc. I don't remember, and I never labeled them, as I didn't have intentions of growing at the time. I was just saving any and all cannabis seeds in case the end of the world ever happened. This way I could spread the seeds and let them grow, lol.

Good idea.. does that mean the world is bout to end .. :p. Anyway good job on the grow keep up the good job..keep us updated. plant a seed free the weed

Wait three weeks for the end of the world, pls.

I'm about to harvest ;)

Good job getting them back in the game!

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom