New grower plants look behind compared to others

Diamondhunter

420 Member
I have recently started a good amount of plants
And I’ve been looking at other plants that are on the same day as them and they look way behind

I have them set in a 3x4 closet with them on a shelf and two lights above them and a fan blowing up ward hanging on the hanger bar

idk if they font have enough carbon dioxide in that little area or if it’s just cause I’m not taking care of them right

I water them not to much making sure the first half inch of first isn’t moist and I water it then let them be and when I comeback the dirt is usually dry On the first few layers I water them at least once a day

this photo was taken about 2-3 days ago

08733C68-4977-4D8F-A0B9-96B426592DA3.jpeg

I would cover those clear plastic cups asap too. Roots do not do well with light hitting them. You also need to allow a dry cycle with your soil too. even though the top of the soil may feel dry, it can still be damp enough just under where you are checking. I would water those seedlings every other day instead of daily. Hope this helps.

I agree with BubbleBuketz on the Domes if you are going to be misting the whole plant like that.
If you don't dome them the misting will do more harm then good with the damage the light will cause to the wet leaves. Doming them will produce Humidity in there that the babies like.
Your light is probably a little too high also since it's stretching like that.
The last thing I see is you are using clear cups. You need to put those clear cups into some solid color solo cups. Roots need to be in the dark. They don't like the light.

For the light strength what would u guys recommend I’m currently using 2
60-Watt Equivalent A19 Medium E26 Base Non-Dimmable Indoor and Outdoor Full Spectrum LED Plant Grow Light Bulb
The brand is feit electric
The plants might not be getting enough light then. Move the light closer to the plant to stop the stretching. At some point though, you will need better lighting for flowering.

Plants do look a little stretched and I would try to avoid letting water sit on top of them, I had that happen to one of mine and it burnt it, I would move your light closer and maybe better lighting.

Back
Top Bottom