New Grower Using 12 Pot Ebb and Grow System

005305.JPG

004323.JPG

003331.JPG

002362.JPG

001326.JPG

I took McBudz advice and dropped the light to 12 inches away from the light. I will post more pics tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think... :thanks:

They look really nice!

You strengthening the stems with a fan blowing on them?

Never started in the plugs before, how long before they head to the buckets?

Bravo man.
SF

No fan on them yet. Should I put one on them now? Well, I know that I at least gotta wait until I see a good root system coming out of the plugs. But hopefully one of the masters will give me a little bit more insight. ALso, do you use FloraNova as well?

NG1

I'm saying YES a fan would be critical now to get those stems nice and strong. A small table fan is good to start, or a larger fan placed further away to start. If I'm wrong, one of the experts will chime in, but I've always started breaking them in with the fan at about your height.

On the nutes. I've been really digging the General Hydroponics Flora series, and I run the whole mix (the whole left column), I'm posting up for you the nute calculator which would be darn close for our e-n-g setup.

Nutes21.JPG

Your CAP system come with a "sample box" of nutes?

Looking good!
SF

NG1

I'm saying YES a fan would be critical now to get those stems nice and strong. A small table fan is good to start, or a larger fan placed further away to start. If I'm wrong, one of the experts will chime in, but I've always started breaking them in with the fan at about your height.

On the nutes. I've been really digging the General Hydroponics Flora series, and I run the whole mix (the whole left column), I'm posting up for you the nute calculator which would be darn close for our e-n-g setup.

Nutes21.JPG

Your CAP system come with a "sample box" of nutes?

Looking good!
SF

Ok. Fan will be placed in the morning. Directly at them or above?? My CAP system did come with a sample box of Techniflora nutes. I know that PV uses FloraNova and McB uses Techniflora for veg and regular GH Flora Series for Bloom. Which one do you use? Once again, thanks man for tuning in to my journal and for the input! It is greatly appreciated trust me! ;)

Ok. Fan will be placed in the morning. Directly at them or above?? My CAP system did come with a sample box of Techniflora nutes. I know that PV uses FloraNova and McB uses Techniflora for veg and regular GH Flora Series for Bloom. Which one do you use? Once again, thanks man for tuning in to my journal and for the input! It is greatly appreciated trust me! ;)

The fan; just be sensible. You don't want them to look like a dog hanging his head out the window, you just want them to start with a gentle breeze, swaying back and forth (I use an oscillating fan). Eventually you can increase the "force" and they'll gain more strength.

I use General Hydroponics for the entire grow. No mixing and matching yet of nutes. I'll do that after some experience.

Anytime I can help or offer suggestions I will. I'm still learning from Pit and McBudz all the time. It's only fair to pass it along.

Great growing bro.
SF

The fan; just be sensible. You don't want them to look like a dog hanging his head out the window, you just want them to start with a gentle breeze, swaying back and forth (I use an oscillating fan). Eventually you can increase the "force" and they'll gain more strength.

I use General Hydroponics for the entire grow. No mixing and matching yet of nutes. I'll do that after some experience.

Anytime I can help or offer suggestions I will. I'm still learning from Pit and McBudz all the time. It's only fair to pass it along.

Great growing bro.
SF

Thanks SF. Greatly appreciated. I'm watching your journal as well. Can't wait to see the pics of the developing buds!

when you do put them in the buckets, dont be afraid to plant them a little bit deep, this way your getting rid of some of that extra stem underneath the hydroton, making them slightly shorter, and more stable.

Dont be afraid to gently work the seed shells off of the sprouts. very gently. Sometimes they get stuck.

Look likt hey are grow outward more so than upward now. Look good. They tend to seem slow at this point but once you get them into 400-500ppm nutes in the EnG they will start taking off. If they start getting real pale green maybe give them a light 300PPM veg nute watering in the plugs.

Dont be afraid to gently work the seed shells off of the sprouts. very gently. Sometimes they get stuck.

Look likt hey are grow outward more so than upward now. Look good. They tend to seem slow at this point but once you get them into 400-500ppm nutes in the EnG they will start taking off. If they start getting real pale green maybe give them a light 300PPM veg nute watering in the plugs.

Thanks McBudz. Will be gently taking the seed shells off today. I'm just so excited to see some growth but like you said, it just seems a little slow right now. But I have all the patience for my babies! I'll post some more pics within the next day or two and see what you think, if I need to give them a light watering or not. As for the color of them now, they are like a lime green.

Thanks McBudz. Will be gently taking the seed shells off today. I'm just so excited to see some growth but like you said, it just seems a little slow right now. But I have all the patience for my babies! I'll post some more pics within the next day or two and see what you think, if I need to give them a light watering or not. As for the color of them now, they are like a lime green.

They look light. Maybe hit them with 300-400PPM veg nute. Should start thinking about moving the larger ones into the ebb setup. Plugs are just for starting and they have started :)

Hey NG1.

New home yet for the seedlings?

SF

Hey SF. I'm actually prepping the buckets with hydroton as we speak. I plan on running the system this morning to see where my flood level reaches so I know how deep I have to plant my ladies.

I've run into a few complications though. I know that my plants are ready to go into the buckets but I'm still waiting on my 100 gal/day RO filter and my ph pen that I was using for my last attempt is a goner! So, I'm going to try and pick up a Milwaukee ph pen that McBudz recommended to me today. Hopefully, one of these shops around me have it. My local shop only carries Hannah. And as for the RO filter, I'm just going to run tap water until it gets here. Shouldn't be more than a week.

What does everyone think? I do see progress in regards to my last grow. I didn't even make it this far last time!! So, YES I"M EXCITED!!! I will definitely post some pics tonight! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom