New Grower Using 12 Pot Ebb and Grow System

So these are pics of a few minutes ago. MH light still at 24/0. Temp is 73 degrees. I gave them a dose of nutes yesterday and again today with the same mixture that I had made yesterday. They look like they needed them and are improving! THEY WILL BE TRANSPLANTED TOMORROW!! GUARANTEED! One of them has a few brown spots on them. Any ideas?

02655.JPG

02557.JPG

This is the one with a few brown spots!

02457.JPG

02366.JPG

02268.JPG

02196.JPG

02084.JPG

01994.JPG

Let me know your thoughts on the babies. Any suggestions or ideas? I think I am doing so better this time around than my last attempt! I think it was the equipment I was using. :thumb:

They look better since they got some water. I would get them in the ebb and grow with a 1/4 grow solution + cal-mag+liquid Karma equivalent.

So before I transplant my babies into the e-n-g, I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer asap. 1. What should my feeding schedule look like at this point based off of 55 gal of water? How often should I change the res? 1 per week? 2. How many times should I be flood and draining and how often at this point? 3. How close should the light be? Keep it at 12 inches?

So before I transplant my babies into the e-n-g, I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer asap. 1. What should my feeding schedule look like at this point based off of 55 gal of water? How often should I change the res? 1 per week? 2. How many times should I be flood and draining and how often at this point? 3. How close should the light be? Keep it at 12 inches?

No need to fill the whole 55 gallons when they are this small. 30 gallons is more than enough. Start with 500ppm. Change once a week upping the ppm by 200-300 or so each time really depending on what they look like.

do 6 cycles 15 or 30 minutes each evenly spaced out. so every 3:30 or 3:45 you'll run for 15 or 30 minutes.

makes sure you set the plugs in low enough so the bottom half to 1/3 gets submerged at peek fill.

Follow normal heat rules for light distance. As close as you can without burning and while still getting even and adequate light coverage over all plants.

So these are pics of a few minutes ago. MH light still at 24/0. Temp is 73 degrees. I gave them a dose of nutes yesterday and again today with the same mixture that I had made yesterday. They look like they needed them and are improving! THEY WILL BE TRANSPLANTED TOMORROW!! GUARANTEED! One of them has a few brown spots on them. Any ideas?

Get them into bigger pots ASAP. The 400watt MH puts out enough heat to cook those roots in the black seedling tray. To compensate for that, you'll most likely over water, etc.

Get 'em in the big pots and put 'em on 18/6.

PM incoming....

No need to fill the whole 55 gallons when they are this small. 30 gallons is more than enough. Start with 500ppm. Change once a week upping the ppm by 200-300 or so each time really depending on what they look like.

do 6 cycles 15 or 30 minutes each evenly spaced out. so every 3:30 or 3:45 you'll run for 15 or 30 minutes.

makes sure you set the plugs in low enough so the bottom half to 1/3 gets submerged at peek fill.

Follow normal heat rules for light distance. As close as you can without burning and while still getting even and adequate light coverage over all plants.

McB, THANKS! I have followed instructions to the T!!!! 2 more questions... I have transplanted the plugs about 1/3 maybe a little more. Should I completely cover the plugs in hydroton? And what other products should I use in the GH FloraNova series other than the Floranova grow right now? I watered them with a light nute before transplanting them because I'm picking up a new ppm meter tomorrow morning. I will be adding the FN grow tomorrow morning. Your help is greatly appreciated McB!!! Truly!

Get them into bigger pots ASAP. The 400watt MH puts out enough heat to cook those roots in the black seedling tray. To compensate for that, you'll most likely over water, etc.

Get 'em in the big pots and put 'em on 18/6.

PM incoming....

DocBud,

Welcome! I know you were following my last unsuccessful grow. How do think I'm doing now? Thanks for the advice also!

McB, THANKS! I have followed instructions to the T!!!! 2 more questions... I have transplanted the plugs about 1/3 maybe a little more. Should I completely cover the plugs in hydroton? And what other products should I use in the GH FloraNova series other than the Floranova grow right now?

NG1

Sounds like you're making progress.

Most likely, you'll want those plugs below the Hydroton, they'll probably need to be that low for the flood to reach that height. Run a cycle if you can to judge how far up the water will reach.

As for your nutes, according to the calculator here, you can just add the Grow component, or you can add FloraBlend in addition.

NutesFlor.JPG

Here's the calculator for your reference.
GENERAL HYDROPONICS

SF

McB, THANKS! I have followed instructions to the T!!!! 2 more questions... I have transplanted the plugs about 1/3 maybe a little more. Should I completely cover the plugs in hydroton? And what other products should I use in the GH FloraNova series other than the Floranova grow right now? I watered them with a light nute before transplanting them because I'm picking up a new ppm meter tomorrow morning. I will be adding the FN grow tomorrow morning. Your help is greatly appreciated McB!!! Truly!

Yes the plugs should get covered in hydroton.

Looks like you nute question was answer by Stink.

When using the online calculator I always use 50 gallons for a full 55gal barrel. This is due to the fact that water level drops and ppms can rise rapidly so the 5 gallon difference gives me a 10 gallon buffer so to say. 5 gallon +/- of recommended.

Looks like you nute question was answer by Stink.

When using the online calculator I always use 50 gallons for a full 55gal barrel. This is due to the fact that water level drops and ppms can rise rapidly so the 5 gallon difference gives me a 10 gallon buffer so to say. 5 gallon +/- of recommended.

Sorry McB.

Just trying to do you a solid. NG1 is in fine hands with you!

Always thankful for your support!

SF

Looking good Mr. Caaarter. (Hope I'm not dating myself there)

Let's see what McB says about the Hydroton, that might be high enough; might need to add slightly more with time.

Question for you. Do you have room to spread those pots apart as the girls get larger? One of the things I've learned in short time, is yes they grow tall, 5-6 feet, but they also grow way out in a huge circumference.

Also, plant stakes at this stage are recommended. (As preparation)

Other then that, looks sweet! Bout 8 weeks and it'll be Fiskars time!

Bump!
SF

Looking good Mr. Caaarter. (Hope I'm not dating myself there)

Let's see what McB says about the Hydroton, that might be high enough; might need to add slightly more with time.

Question for you. Do you have room to spread those pots apart as the girls get larger? One of the things I've learned in short time, is yes they grow tall, 5-6 feet, but they also grow way out in a huge circumference.

Also, plant stakes at this stage are recommended. (As preparation)

Other then that, looks sweet! Bout 8 weeks and it'll be Fiskars time!

Bump!
SF

I have a little room to spread them out. Probably about 10" -12" in between pots. Plant Stakes?? Can you explain those to me a little more or tell me where I can read up on them?

I'm excited!! BTW, urs looks awesome!!!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom