New Grower Using 12 Pot Ebb and Grow System

This is great timing. Three weeks ago I started my first grow in the same
Ebb n Grow system. I've been reading and learning a lot from the 420 grow masters. I'm looking forward to watching your grow.
One thing I will suggest is to put a air pump and air stone in your reservoir.
The more oxygen your roots get the better.
Good luck
SoCaler:peace:

This is great timing. Three weeks ago I started my first grow in the same
Ebb n Grow system. I've been reading and learning a lot from the 420 grow masters. I'm looking forward to watching your grow.
One thing I will suggest is to put a air pump and air stone in your reservoir.
The more oxygen your roots get the better.
Good luck
SoCaler:peace:

I've been thinking about putting an airstone in my reservoir! Where would i put it? Just sit it at the bottom?

Thanks McB.

If you want to get real creative you can get a large airpump with 12 port manifold or several smaller airpumps and set airstones/airdisks etc in the very bottom of the outer buckets. You'd have to run the air line down through the inner bucker and through one of the holes in the bottom. This would significantly reduce the risk of root rot when the roots grow into the bottom (and they will) and sit in the 1 inch of water that stay behind.

This would add tons of o2 at the target rather than source. I imagine you lose quite a bit of the absorbed o2 as it makes its way to the pots. I still run air in my res's but I'm not sure how much good it does.

If you want to get real creative you can get a large airpump with 12 port manifold or several smaller airpumps and set airstones/airdisks etc in the very bottom of the outer buckets. You'd have to run the air line down through the inner bucker and through one of the holes in the bottom. This would significantly reduce the risk of root rot when the roots grow into the bottom (and they will) and sit in the 1 inch of water that stay behind.

This would add tons of o2 at the target rather than source. I imagine you lose quite a bit of the absorbed o2 as it makes its way to the pots. I still run air in my res's but I'm not sure how much good it does.

Well first I'm going to start off by just placing an airstone in the bottom of the res. That sound simple! :) Now, I'm liking your idea. Just not sure exactly if I'm capable of this without a diagram or example of some sort. And speaking of o2, I have a Co2 tank handy. When do you think I should start to use it?

dont play with the gas till everythig else is dialed in. I have a 12w dual outlet air pump with 2 8" stones now....it works perfectly, I have the exact same thing in my flood table also

One more thing McB... SF was explaining to me a little about stakes. He said you wrote a little in his journal about it. I read it and it seems fairly simple. But with me, it seems like everything is complicated! lol! When should I start to think about doing that?

I do mine when I transplants the clones to the EnG. From seed I would put some in wehn they are 12 inches or so, its easier when you do it earlier. You'll have a forest on your hands at some point and my be more difficult to get in there to do.

I have 12 more pots for the e-n-g system. I also have seeds that I need to germinate. How would it affect the feeding and light schedule if lets say i started the seeds tomorrow under T5s?

I'd stay with what you have for now and make sure you get through a good run. Then build out.

wow!! i have been busy cleaning off my sticky fingers for a few days and it looks like a whole different operation you got there!! VERY NICE!!:cheer:

now the fun begins!! the stresses of young seedlings are over, they are home and lookin' real happy considering the rocky start. i don't want to use the word "autopilot", but you will find that you are spending more time enjoying and less time stressing now. :slide:

SUPER SUPPORT McBudz!!

Back
Top Bottom