New Grower

If you are concerned about Ph dont be discouraged, i myself am a new grower and I check it often and will continue to do so until I am comfortable with what I am doing. If you are looking to grow organic here are a few suggestions for you. Fish is an excellent source of nitrogen and omega 3 fatty acids which aids in bud development(later on). Emulsify the fish into water and use it in small amounts and only as needed. Wood ash is a great source of both potash and phosphorus. It aids in root development early on, and in the flowering stage, it aids in flower growth, it works as a booster. A solution of 1 TBSP epsom salt to 1 gal distilled water will aid in both lowering Ph levels when they are too high by spraying it around the base of the stem until soil is wet in that area, it only takes a few days; it also helps with nutrient lock-up by opening the roots to absorb more nutrients. Carbonated water, sold as seltzer at Walmart for 64 cents plus deposit(depending where you are) is an excellent source of CO2 for your plants. I usually give my plants a 60ml shot of it every other day, it definately perks them up. Also, a homemade CO2 generator is a lot cheaper and easier to manage than a store bought one. All you need is a gallon jug filled to 3/4, add 2 cups br. sugar and 1 tbsp of yeast to it. Shake it up every day to produce your own CO2( a direct product of the yeast eating the sugar.) It will last about a week, but a 2lb bag of sugar and 4 packets of active dry yeast will last close to a month and only cost you approx. $4. Distill your water you use by letting it sit out uncovered overnight, all impurities will dissipate. Good luck and I hope you can use this info. I am a cheap grower going organic, cant afford the best but I make do and my plants are pretty nice.

Thanks for the advice . but yea man when u say fish . Where should I get that source from and when should I start giving the plants fish and when should I start the wood ash? I haven't done any reading up on these things yet, but I will be doing it soon. Thanks again I took some notes down from this I think it will help me out

I myself use Tilapia, I don't think it really matters what kind you use, and I have read in multiple blogs to never give fertilizer until the plants have their third leaves. You cn buy the fish at any grocery store and blend one fillet with 4 cups of water, puree the shit out of it and use that to water. The ashes I mixed in with my soil, but you can sprinkle it on top, try using a 1/4 cup to begin with, when you water the plant, the ashes will soak into the soil and it is a medium absorbing substance, so the plant gets it pretty much as it needs it. Hope it works for ya, if more info is needed, all you have to do is google how to organically grow marijuana and it will give you about only a million or so sites to visit. lol. also, you can try to look up the cannabis growers bible, lots of facts and other interesting tips to use in there.:thumb:

Just checked out your pic on the other thread and looks like your doing very well for using a small budget. Try hitting up amazon for emergency blankets. the mylar is extremely reflective and helps to hold heat as well. From one budget grower to another, good job. Oh, you can also get Ph testers and other grow supplies for really cheap. I got Ph tester, hygrometer, grow lights and potting mix for less than $25. I love amazon, its got everything a marijuana grower needs!

image1282.jpg

Only during veg. once you hit flowering you're gonna want to back off on the nitrogen and give more potash and phosphorus. and you're welcome.:morenutes:

and as for the age of your clones, they are the same as age the mother that they were taken from. so more than likely she is more than 55 days old haha

Ok, so the 55 days applies to 'from seed' plants... that's different. I might have to try from seeds some day. I haven't done any homework on it, but I guess the tap root is important, and clones don't have tap roots.

I 'think' I've had good luck with clones, so I haven't considered from seed much.

I'm getting ready to re-pot tomrrow and can't decide which way to go on making my own organic soil which i would be adding to the ffof the stuff it doesnt have. are should I buy organic products to add to the soil. I leaning more on buying organic products . Dealing with the time I have. I looked into blue nurtients but not sure which ones to get and I was trying to look up if I could buy the "bio" products locally? Would love some in put on what I should do. thanks everybody for the advice , pic well be up in a few days as well!!

Well when it comes to adding nutrients to your soil you will want to be careful. if you are wanting to add things like organic bat guano, worm castings, blood meal, etc. you want the soil to "cook" your mix for about 30 days. this will allow things not to be too hot! its great to here that you are wanting to make your own soil. after i move in a month i will be setting up a compost system so i can build my own composting system.

What kind of ammendments are you planning on using. i have a great soil recipe i can share on here. its from the True Living Organic book.

keep up the great work man!!
Keep it Green!:Namaste::bravo:

Dont transplant yet....

You dont want to transplant your plants untill they reach there full potential of the roots.... its a timing thing and i cant imagine that the plants are that close yet in a 3 gal... when u do move up to a 5 gal (thinking mabe 2-3 weeks) you should get some Smart Pots because they make it so that you DONT GET ROOT BOUND EVER! there pretty boss and if you use thos you wont have to worrry about geting root bound in flower.

Plus as u see in the pic u can bottom feed your plants easyer and not only able to feed off 4-5 holes.

IMG_036819.JPG

Yea I look in to those pots . Something I will most definitely get down the line. But the biggest pot I'm goin to use is 1 gallon for now, space limited

i would think that 1 gal would be to small to make it through flower, i would find some tall 3 galls that you could switch to week before flower then you would be set....

plus with the smart pots you wont have to worry about rootlock from being in the pot from too long because the roots are stunted by the edge of the pot and dont spider around the bucket

Back
Top Bottom