New grower

420blazedit

Just started my first grow(with budget) I am using a 2x2x4 tent, a cheap “1000w” led, with a promix canna coco terra pro with perlite 20% compost and 20% seedling and cuttings compost. I ordered multiple seeds from wss buying there wss skunk. It is now 2-3 days seedling and need advice off the pro’s :) so starters I dropped my light on top of the seedling and bent the stem (at the bottom) it didn’t tear or slice at all just bent the seedling over, immediately I put it straight and strengthened it upwards with pro mix, that was day 2 seedling and the 4 leaves 20 hours later are still green and looking healthy it just seems that the growth is stunted. Am I wasting my time fighting for it or should I just get rid of her and pop another?any help will be greatly appreciated

Just started my first grow(with budget) I am using a 2x2x4 tent, a cheap “1000w” led, with a promix canna coco terra pro with perlite 20% compost and 20% seedling and cuttings compost. I ordered multiple seeds from wss buying there wss skunk. It is now 2-3 days seedling and need advice off the pro’s :) so starters I dropped my light on top of the seedling and bent the stem (at the bottom) it didn’t tear or slice at all just bent the seedling over, immediately I put it straight and strengthened it upwards with pro mix, that was day 2 seedling and the 4 leaves 20 hours later are still green and looking healthy it just seems that the growth is stunted. Am I wasting my time fighting for it or should I just get rid of her and pop another?any help will be greatly appreciated
I've bent and broken seedlings before. Prop it up and let it go. If it still grows after a couple days I leave it . Otherwise pop a new one. Hope that helps. :thumb:

Thanks a lot Bill fast response, I have done just that. Also whats your feedback on tomato feed 5-6-9 for veg?
First number is Nitrogen. Generally girls require a higher n level in veg.
Is it a liquid?

Welcome to 420 @420blazedit.

Don't be too quick to give up on that seedling. If it still looks healthy let it grow! :Rasta:

I seen many surprises result from seeds that had rough beginnings.

First number is Nitrogen. Generally girls require a higher n level in veg.
Is it a liquid?
3-1-1 is a typically good base nutrient for veg. :thumb:

Could I get away with using tomato feed in lower dosages as I’m on a budget, also have babybio but it’s too high in nitrogen
You can get away with just about anything,but anything that isn't optimal will effect your harvest adversely. If you want a cheep low cost fertilizer chek out NuttyProfessor,s grow journals. He turns leftover,s into amazing plants.
All natural organic virtually free fertilizer. :thumb:

You can get away with just about anything,but anything that isn't optimal will effect your harvest adversely. If you want a cheep low cost fertilizer chek out NuttyProfessor,s grow journals. He turns leftover,s into amazing plants.
All natural organic virtually free fertilizer. :thumb:
Sorry for the late reply, appreciate you all for helping me she is definitely still growing for sure just slower than expected. I understand I can make my own fertilisers from waste like egg shells burnt wood ash, banana peels etc Its just Ive heard a lot of people having good results with tomato feed and wanted to give it a go as it’s cheap! But my npk seems off at 459 and just wanted the go ahead from the pro’s. Is this too much phosphorus for veg?

Also my tap water reads at 7.0 - 7.1, is there any natural way to ph down as I don’t want to buy any products due to being way over my budget already for this grow, thanks a lot :)
I think NuttyProfessor uses vitamin c to lower ph. 5.8 is your goal in coco.

420blaze.welcome.I've accidentally knocked over a "little" girl and immediately scooped it up and gently put dirt around too stabilize....but not go near the roots....nature will take care of that. IT WAS STUNTED COMPARED TO HER SISTER; BUT LET IT GO.....you'll do more harm the more you fool with ANY plant. DON'T give nutrients until after the 4th set of leaves.....I tried to rush that too...have a burnt girl. Since you're using LED.....like me....they will crave cal-mag. After their 4th set of true leaves, mix cal-mag in a gallon of distilled water; and use that for the next few feeding, then come back and let us know where u are!.......Your going to have to get another light very soon. They have spot lights that are 500 lumens. That'll work til vegetation. Good Luck!!!!;):thumb:

Sorry for the late reply, appreciate you all for helping me she is definitely still growing for sure just slower than expected. I understand I can make my own fertilisers from waste like egg shells burnt wood ash, banana peels etc Its just Ive heard a lot of people having good results with tomato feed and wanted to give it a go as it’s cheap! But my npk seems off at 459 and just wanted the go ahead from the pro’s. Is this too much phosphorus for veg?
Let her get 4 leave sets before nuting!

420blaze.welcome.I've accidentally knocked over a "little" girl and immediately scooped it up and gently put dirt around too stabilize....but not go near the roots....nature will take care of that. IT WAS STUNTED COMPARED TO HER SISTER; BUT LET IT GO.....you'll do more harm the more you fool with ANY plant. DON'T give nutrients until after the 4th set of leaves.....I tried to rush that too...have a burnt girl. Since you're using LED.....like me....they will crave cal-mag. After their 4th set of true leaves, mix cal-mag in a gallon of distilled water; and use that for the next few feeding, then come back and let us know where u are!.......Your going to have to get another light very soon. They have spot lights that are 500 lumens. That'll work til vegetation. Good Luck!!!!;):thumb:
Hi Little Kitten, thanks for the info she is doing perfectly up to now, as I said previously I am on a massive budget at the moment (in future will invest big) but for now I have 1 plant in a 2x2x4 tent with a full spectrum LED(1000w) a fan, excellent coco/compost potting mix, ph stick and a temp/humidity thermometer. Will it be possible to achieve flower with this very low cost setup. Also will be using tomato feed for veg in 1/4 doses working way up to full dose npk at 4-5-9. Also will be looking at some natural cal-mag solutions as I am on a tight budget at the moment. Before anyone says anything, I understand weed plants need good care, nutes, ventilation, etc but for the meanwhile tight on money. Thanks a lot guys :)

Hi Little Kitten, thanks for the info she is doing perfectly up to now, as I said previously I am on a massive budget at the moment (in future will invest big) but for now I have 1 plant in a 2x2x4 tent with a full spectrum LED(1000w) a fan, excellent coco/compost potting mix, ph stick and a temp/humidity thermometer. Will it be possible to achieve flower with this very low cost setup. Also will be using tomato feed for veg in 1/4 doses working way up to full dose npk at 4-5-9. Also will be looking at some natural cal-mag solutions as I am on a tight budget at the moment. Before anyone says anything, I understand weed plants need good care, nutes, ventilation, etc but for the meanwhile tight on money. Thanks a lot guys :)
I understand your doing your best on a budget. As long as you have a timer and switch to 12/12 your girl will start flowering. 12 hours total darkness is mandatory. When she starts to flower just do the best you can with what ever nutrients you have available and we will help you as best we can. Its not optimal but totally doable. Happy growing friend. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom