New Guy With A Sick Plant

GPCannabis

Hello everyone,

New here, just started growing.

The plant here is a bag seed from OG Kush. My goal here isn’t to get usable flower rather learn, develop good habits and gain knowledge before growing something I paid for.

I am working on turning this sick plant around, would love to hear your thoughts without me saying anything. I don’t want to lead a thought, just hear what you think is wrong and see if I am determining correctly.

Thanks everyone 🤙🏻

4ED58887-C7D8-4493-A65E-F4A2008C59CD.jpeg

Aye, agree with @Evergreen89 - It looks like she's drowning. Here is an article that will help:

harsh to hear perhaps but the wee one will have a heck of a time recovering from all this,, it possibly might recover but will be a slow process, indeed

if possible a restart might be suggested

harsh to hear perhaps but the wee one will have a heck of a time recovering from all this,, it possibly might recover but will be a slow process, indeed

if possible a restart might be suggested
All good 👍🏻

I am here to learn. These were bag seeds, using them to practice and learn before germinating the seeds I purchased. I have been reading a lot, studying as much as I can…but germinating a seed, getting it to grow, then having to problem solve is totally different then reading about it.

Do you agree with the general consensus of over watering?

Do you see anything else that you think may be going on?

Thank you 🙏

I built my entire seed emporium from bag seeds. :thumb:
I am just getting started in the forum, learning the features….I must follow you if thats a thing here.

I am just learning, but my hope is learn the ins and outs of growing, cloning, saving seeds, the whole thing.

All good 👍🏻

I am here to learn. These were bag seeds, using them to practice and learn before germinating the seeds I purchased. I have been reading a lot, studying as much as I can…but germinating a seed, getting it to grow, then having to problem solve is totally different then reading about it.

Do you agree with the general consensus of over watering?

Do you see anything else that you think may be going on?

Thank you 🙏

most welcome,, i would totally agree about the overwatering. 0 to 14 days is indeed the hardest part. the last thing a new sprout needs,, other than ferts,,

oh,, the soil,, any ferts in the soil? cuz there should be none for optimum results

@CPCannabis

There isn't much content contributed by me lately. I have hung it up for a bit. I ain't smoked in about 7 months and even longer since I grew anything, so following me ain't gonna glean you too much info.

I may have my pollen harvesting documented somewhere in my threads here. There ain't many, I think 3 all together. I am a psuedo-quasi pollen chucker. I have thousands of seeds I made. Some personal strains will be worked on in the future, but that time is still at least a few years off.

All I can add given the right answer has been given is to re-adjust your method.

Ditch the grow tubes.

Get a small pot with good drainage, or do as the Americans do and grab a solo cup.

Just get a good quality seed raising mix, add a liitle perlite if you feel necessary.

In the early days medium is not so important to get right, as avoiding getting it wrong. Same for watering and humidity (RH). All you really want to try and do is not kill it. Bit of a goldilocks mentality

Not too dry or wet, not too hot or cold, not too high or low humidity.

Good seed raising mix will drain freely and be soft while the small seedling has a chance to get the taproot and feeder roots down.

The coco grow tube tends to stay constantly wet, where a seed raising mix can be kept moist/damp without excess, having free draining built in when in a container that allows good drainage.

Once they get a couple of nodes up and roots down they are much less fragile. Ive run one to the 6th node in a tiny pot (3 inches high, 2 inch diameter) and it still kept its colytodons. It is possible to baby them to a long development.

Once you get a couple right you can relax and it will seem much less hard than when you first tried. Just look in twice a day and let them do their thing.

Stay eager, ask questions, and dont lose faith.

Hello again everyone.

Been meaning to get back on here for an update. Thanksgiving came and I took a much needed break and shut my phone off for 4 days, been catching back up.

Back to the plants 🌱

Thank you everyone for the help and advice. I followed what has been a big help and switched to clear solo cups, drilled a hole in the bottom to ensure drainage. Being able to see the soil and root growth is 👌🏻

I have also set up my grow tent, will be posting in Grow Journals soon. Purple Diesel, OG Kush, and two Black African Magic just popped up.

The sick plant (OG) took several days of just chillin by a fan before it started growing again, then when OG started coming back and PD took off. PD never started dying, just stopped growing.

Thoughts on the two lower leaves that are 75% dead? Leave them? Remove them?

Thanks again everyone and I appreciate the advice 👍🏻👍🏻

25840E42-48D8-4E37-9E72-522C54D7A245.jpeg

4B7E695B-4F9E-4467-BBE3-F1E42419078B.jpeg

7852DD2B-3C32-412C-8A08-23DA151AA53C.jpeg

8EE7FCCF-C3EC-41B0-8CB8-C225C8DA5D91.jpeg

66A4BC7D-485B-4206-B70F-C47B7A4C7827.jpeg

Be sure to cover those clear cups though as the roots don't like the light. Easiest way is to slip them inside another opaque solo cup of the same size. That will block the light but still make it easy to slip them out to check on things.

Back
Top Bottom