New guy

Welcome again Ruff in the new members you’ll see frequently asked questions in this set up to get more answers. Check it out

Welcome again Ruff in the new members you’ll see frequently asked questions in this set up to get more answers. Check it out
Yeah I’ve posted a thread there today that right ?

Welcome
Enjoy the fun!
You can check his girls out here in frequently asked questions

Hi Ruff. Sounds like you must be using HPS in a hot garage. Do you have a trap door in your garage that goes to an attic area ? You'll need something like a 12" x 40" Filter & Fan sucking the hot air out of the garage & into the attic most likely. I'm sure the high temps are giving you low humidity too ?
So you'll also need a large humidifier or a swamp cooler. With a Swamp Cooler & exhausting heat to the attic you should be able to get your temps within reason.

Hi Ruff. Sounds like you must be using HPS in a hot garage. Do you have a trap door in your garage that goes to an attic area ? You'll need something like a 12" x 40" Filter & Fan sucking the hot air out of the garage & into the attic most likely. I'm sure the high temps are giving you low humidity too ?
So you'll also need a large humidifier or a swamp cooler. With a Swamp Cooler & exhausting heat to the attic you should be able to get your temps within reason.
Hey man , so yeah I’ve just installed cooling tube in there today hoping that will work but seem to of lose some light I think hope it does the trick

Hey man , so yeah I’ve just installed cooling tube in there today hoping that will work but seem to of lose some light I think hope it does the trick
It'll probably help some. But if the room the tent is in is hot too it will be a tough battle. Got to cool the room too. Not sure where you live or the temps in your area so not sure how hot your garage gets. Where I live it can hit 120 F pretty easy in July. But if your garage temps are in the low 90's or lower you may get away with not cooling the garage too.
If all else fails does your AC duct work run through the attic? You could always splice a duct & put a Wye fitting in between so you can run the house AC to your tent.
I did something similar & my tent was the same temp as my house the whole grow.
Here's a pic so you kind of get the idea.
GEDC4685.JPG

It'll probably help some. But if the room the tent is in is hot too it will be a tough battle. Got to cool the room too. Not sure where you live or the temps in your area so not sure how hot your garage gets. Where I live it can hit 120 F pretty easy in July. But if your garage temps are in the low 90's or lower you may get away with not cooling the garage too.
If all else fails does your AC duct work run through the attic? You could always splice a duct & put a Wye fitting in between so you can run the house AC to your tent.
I did something similar & my tent was the same temp as my house the whole grow.
Here's a pic so you kind of get the idea.
GEDC4685.JPG
That’s nice man that , yeah live in the uk and I with summer struggling I get my air in from outside the garage walls , but suppose the tents still in a hot garage isn’t it

That’s nice man that , yeah live in the uk and I with summer struggling I get my air in from outside the garage walls , but suppose the tents still in a hot garage isn’t it
I'd start a post asking "How to cool a garage & tent in the UK ?" You'll get a bunch of responses from people in your area that way. Wish @Old Salt was around. He'd be able to help. Hoping he pops in on us but haven't seen him in a while now.

Do you have any pictures we can reference too?? can't really say much if i can't see it.
there is planty of ways to bring in fresh air from outside to your garage.

Do you have any pictures we can reference too?? can't really say much if i can't see it.
there is planty of ways to bring in fresh air from outside to your garage.
But if the temps outside are hot that wont cool the garage or the tent. If it's just the light causing the heat issue and it's cool outside it would sure help then. Co2 is always an option.

Back
Top Bottom