New Season New Hopes

Hein

Hey all

The name is Hein but my Alias is Stinky Pete. Im from South Africa and im typing this on the day before Spring. What should be a lovely sunny / warmish day is still part of the cold spell we are having. And with this cold i am a little stressed over the germ & survival rate. I have a heating mat that will be used but unfortunately it does not cover the entire area that is being used for germination. So ill have to make a plan to keep them all on the warmer side. How and what is a problem for later.

For now i am happy to announce my line up for the season and they are as follows:

Bruce Banner#3
Bruce Banner#3 x Girl Scout Cookies
Bruce Banner#3 x Royal Gorilla
Kush Cookies
Choclate Bubbleberry
Pineapple Chunk

BRUCE BANNER :

The Bruce Banner crosses i got last year from a buddy and i only grew out the BB x RG and i was blown away. So this season im doing both crosses plus the Original BB#3.

KUSH COOKIES:

This came from a breeder in the Garden Route in Knysna. Also a strain i grew last season but chopped her early due to rains. This year im pushing for the whole grow.

CHOCOLATE BUBBLE BERRY:

This strain i was gifted by a breeder that did a lot of crosses and some of his strains were sent to Swaziland to grow out in fields for mass production. So why not give it a go and see what other African Ganja Growers are growing and smoking.

PINEAPPLE CHUNK:

This is a strain me and a buddy tried our hands on. If it will be a success... , i dont know so stick around and find out.

OTHERS TO COME :

I also have 3 x Daquiry Lime Auto seeds left over from last year. I had 10 from which in gave away 4 and grew out 3. 1 was a succes and the other 2....not so good. Im not an Auto fan and if someone thay does like autos can five me some tips later on when i plant them, i would be happy.

My setup will be very basic but for what its worth I'll give you all a quick rundown on my plan for the season

GROW MEDIUM:

I am going for a simple mix again which consists of coco coir, perlite and homemade EWC. I will also be adding nursery bought Compost.

POTS:

Yes i still grow in pots. The reason for that is so that i can dig holes and drop them in to make them shorter and less tree like. I have a variety of sizes but they will do seeing that ive used them before with quite decent results.

NUTRIENTS:

I will be going the Organic route and I want to try and make my own nutrients as far as possible. We have a mountain range 10 minutes away where i can find tons of good bacteria and ingredients for compost teas. The EWC will also be used and the only part ill be buying is a Organic Fish Emulsion.

If I think of anything else ill update and ill get those pics up of them germing asap. Attached is just the pics of the grow medium and seeds

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_200134.jpg
    IMG_20200831_200134.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200831_191429.jpg
    IMG_20200831_191429.jpg
    789.9 KB · Views: 24
Greetings and there is lots of information to be found. If you need help or just want to show off your grow it's all good. Here are some links that you might find helpful:
Growing Marijuana
How to ask for help
Sponsors
Lots of members have their own journals, you might think about creating one.

:welcome:

:welcome:
Morning all. Thanx for all the welcomes and greetings. Much appreciated. I will start a diary soon seeing that all the seeds sank and i will be planting tonight when I get home from work

Back
Top Bottom