Say hello to my new hobby

Ruy Lopez

420 Member
Hello folks.

So good to see so many net forums up on this topic these days. Anyhoo, this one seemed interesting and fairly deep so I thought I'd post and see what happens.

Me... well, Canadian I suppose so all this is finally "eh"-OK legal now for me anyway. Yes....I do old man jokes now apparently. F it. I no longer give two sh&%s.

Regardless, I'm posting because I've been given some guidance from an old friend in my home NS (which BTW has the biggest concentration of pot smokers on earth as far as I know and that's also Canadian gov stats - check it out) about growing so I tried it.

I've now have four legal plants grown outdoors in containers, they're roughly six feet tall, bushy and budding. They're a 50-50 mix of sativa and indica and a combo of two strains, specifically white widow and bruce banner = White Banner.

But I can't find much at all on that particular strain so I'm here to ask about it as well as to get some guidance as to when to harvest before hard frost hits. It's been a lucky fall for temperatures so far.

I'll go into more detail in further posts but basically yeah that's it.

Happy growing.

Do you even have enough time to grow and harvest in NS? I have family there and it didn't get to 20 degrees Celsius until late June or something and it was single digit temps there last weekend. My brother in law won't grow outside due to the "6 weeks of good weather". Lol

Anyhow.... Bruce Banner flowers in 8-10 weeks. Typically a high THC plant. I haven't grown it though.

Hey @Ruy Lopez welcome! Fellow Canadian here - I am in southwestern Ontario.

You've come to the right place of loads of information, as well as lots of friendly helpful folks.

Sorry, I am not familiar with that strain, so I can't give much guidance in that regard. However, in my signature there is a pretty helpful link regarding when to harvest based on the colour of the trichs. Might be a good read for you.

Sounds like you have some real trees growing there, and so good luck on the harvest!

Do you even have enough time to grow and harvest in NS? I have family there and it didn't get to 20 degrees Celsius until late June or something and it was single digit temps there last weekend. My brother in law won't grow outside due to the "6 weeks of good weather". Lol

Anyhow.... Bruce Banner flowers in 8-10 weeks. Typically a high THC plant. I haven't grown it though.

I'm not in NS anymore - eastern ON but basically the same thing in terms of climate. Mostly.

I've grown tomatoes and tomatios which when roasted, make an amazing salsa verde but like all people this far north you have to begin indoors to start anything before the evil never ending winter eventually ends.

6 months of winter.....my ancestors chose the wrong place.

But NS is magical.

Where's your family from? Depends greatly where you are in the province as in some places you can actually grow peaches while in others just give up on even cucumbers. Blame the sea.

Great place for pumpkins apparently - Dill's Atlantic Giant® Pumpkin

Yes. This is my home. Where giant pumpkin growers, fiddle playing deviants and massive numbers of pot smokers including the trailer parks boys Trailer Park Boys - Wikipedia are all local heroes.

God I miss it.

I just don't want to lose the girls after so much work.

Laverne, Shirley, Leather and Pinky have all tried very hard and I'm proud of all of my girls.

Does anyone else name them or just me?

Basically it's this. I can send pics if that helps but they don't look done to me yet and I've been lucky with weather this fall. I could let it go another week maybe but if/when a frost hits I've nowhere to put them.

Would a pic help?

Regarding the trichs I've a magnifying glass but can't really see much so am relying on the flowers a bit.

I know it's not the best way but I live in the middle of nowhere with a neighbour at least 2K away and finding things can be limited.

I got a USB microscope from amz Canada for about C$35. Works great, and allows you to zoom in or out depending on the view that you want. Mail order to the rescue! :)

Awesome thank you.

Not sure I've the time to order anything in time regarding weather but will look into it.

Just as an aside, if things go well for the next few weeks I could have a very large amount of pot. I smoke sure but not that much actually so I'm hoping to give it away to people who need it. Or if not frankly just want it. I might use half a plant a year and I've four budding babies.

Either way...giving it away tickles me a bit just to screw with things and esp a looming cd gov monopoly.

Far as I know it' legal to give away. I'd love to see a movement that way. Free pot. Why not?

Hello folks.

So good to see so many net forums up on this topic these days. Anyhoo, this one seemed interesting and fairly deep so I thought I'd post and see what happens.

Me... well, Canadian I suppose so all this is finally "eh"-OK legal now for me anyway. Yes....I do old man jokes now apparently. F it. I no longer give two sh&%s.

Regardless, I'm posting because I've been given some guidance from an old friend in my home NS (which BTW has the biggest concentration of pot smokers on earth as far as I know and that's also Canadian gov stats - check it out) about growing so I tried it.

I've now have four legal plants grown outdoors in containers, they're roughly six feet tall, bushy and budding. They're a 50-50 mix of sativa and indica and a combo of two strains, specifically white widow and bruce banner = White Banner.

But I can't find much at all on that particular strain so I'm here to ask about it as well as to get some guidance as to when to harvest before hard frost hits. It's been a lucky fall for temperatures so far.

I'll go into more detail in further posts but basically yeah that's it.

Happy growing.
Hola from Sask :passitleft:

Laverne, Shirley, Leather and Pinky have all tried very hard and I'm proud of all of my girls.

Basically it's this. I can send pics if that helps but they don't look done to me yet and I've been lucky with weather this fall. I could let it go another week maybe but if/when a frost hits I've nowhere to put them.

Would a pic help?

Love the names! Welcome aboard.

Would a pic help?

Hummm, six feet tall, any chance they're in pots?
What I'm getting at, is maybe move them under shelter with a light?
I have three ladies outside that wilt every night because of a light freeze. I plan on moving them inside this week.
Welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom