New Technique! Orbital Growing!

BulletTooth

Ok so I'm starting a new journal about orbital Growing. My idea is that if I use a lazy Susan (spinning serving instrument) and allow my plant too spin I can add many different types of side lighting and it should work under the same principle of a light mover. By spinning the plant it should distribute the light evenly over the plant but instead of using less light I wanna use more. I have most of what I need but would like some input from everyone. I'm thinking 2 105w CFL (2700k&6500k) ,250w mh, 250w hps, and a 600w full spectrum led over the top. I wonder at what speed would be best? Distance and placement of light? Would the nute requirements change? Training suggestions? Let's talk this out ! I think a single cola would be best since it's moving but idk.

Ok so I'm starting a new journal about orbital Growing. My idea is that if I use a lazy Susan (spinning serving instrument) and allow my plant too spin I can add many different types of side lighting and it should work under the same principle of a light mover. By spinning the plant it should distribute the light evenly over the plant but instead of using less light I wanna use more. I have most of what I need but would like some input from everyone. I'm thinking 2 105w CFL (2700k&6500k) ,250w mh, 250w hps, and a 600w full spectrum led over the top. I wonder at what speed would be best? Distance and placement of light? Would the nute requirements change? Training suggestions? Let's talk this out ! I think a single cola would be best since it's moving but idk.

This is a cool idea. The way I would picture it you would have light(s) straight above, then light(s) on one side. The plant constantly recieves light from above, and the lazy Susan would spin the plant so the sides get all that light too. I would think maybe 1 or 2 revolutions per day would be great. The side lighting is going to help bush it out while the top lighting pulls it up. Would be cool to see a ball shaped plant. As far as distance I have always used the hand test and simply moved the lights if it's too hot. Digital thermometer works too. Nutrients should be the same for a spinning plant as a stationary one.

Yes this is good. But what if we had 4 different lights around her. One 250WMH, one 250HPS, 2 105W CFL (6300/3500) and 600W of Led above. I think this mixed spectrum with more revolutions(like every 60seconds). This would help with heat displacement as well as light spread and light penetration. I think an untopped auto could get very big with this much light

My nute questions were regarding the increase in light, Thus the increase in nutrient requirements. Though thinking now I believe it would be best to feed super light nutes more often since she will probably be drinking more and more susceptible to nute burn. But a 1/8 dose feed in smaller amounts with more often feedings should be the remedy. With an increase in light a 900-1100 ppm of co2 with a temp of 90 would be perfect I think.

I understand this and I dont expect it to cool it, more like keep it from getting too hot. If the leaves aren't under light constantly then they will be cooler. Leaf temps can be dropped 7°F just by a quick period of darkness. I'm not worried about the heat too much because I have tested the lights in the tent and I can keep it down to 76°F. But the leaf temps will be much higher on a surface that receives more light , not less.

I understand this and I dont expect it to cool it, more like keep it from getting too hot. If the leaves aren't under light constantly then they will be cooler. Leaf temps can be dropped 7°F just by a quick period of darkness. I'm not worried about the heat too much because I have tested the lights in the tent and I can keep it down to 76°F. But the leaf temps will be much higher on a surface that receives more light , not less.
Let's quit talking about it, plant a seed man and let's see what happens. We can learn together. .

Truth! Speculation is only truly good for guessing how far to be away from an explosion. Although you will never really know until detonation. I think I'm almost ready. I have to figure out this contraption of lights and hangers. Everything needs to be adjustable

Early tests show that 4-6 hours is best for daily improvements.im gonna rotate 90° every 4 hours. You were right about the amount of cycling needed. Although the contraption isn't built and is proving a little more tricky than my mind made it. Less than a couple weeks and I'll have pics and progress reports. Right now just have too much going on.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom