New Time Grower - Long Time Smoker

:byebye: Hi!

Huh, it's like a diminishing light schedule for autos. Have you read about changes to the light schedule stressing the plants? Why not just keep it at 18/6 or such from seed to harvest? I'm fascinated. Sign me up! *Grabs a chair close to the tent*

Your plants are so big already! :cheer:
When I started I had the light set for 24/0. I kept trying to figure d out best light for autos many say 24/0 many say 18/6 or 20/4. Wanted to back down to 20/4 but as she was 1 week already I didn't want to cause much stress by cutting 4 hours of at once. Felt backing a hour off a week felt more natural. If that makes sense.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Good start...low and compact means they are getting adequate light and it's all good.

Best advice I ever got I will pass along...use half the nutes. A little goes a long way and as long as all the basics are in there the real problems all come from too much. It isn't so much that the bottle-recommended amounts are too high, but nutes have a way of concentrating over time and building up in soil and hydro, keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Peace, Hyena
Thank you very much Hyena Merica. Yeah I have a container mixed up with 1/4 strength for when the time comes to use it. I read autos don't need much at all. Next will be a photoperiod strain to get the feel of both since I've never done this before.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

When I started I had the light set for 24/0. I kept trying to figure d out best light for autos many say 24/0 many say 18/6 or 20/4. Wanted to back down to 20/4 but as she was 1 week already I didn't want to cause much stress by cutting 4 hours of at once. Felt backing a hour off a week felt more natural. If that makes sense.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Ahhh I see now. I'm curious if anyone with auto experience has seen plants stress from changing the lighting schedule a few hours. I've played with lighting schedules when vegging photos and never noticed a problem. I have no experience with autos though.

Some auto's are finicky and some are pretty hardy with a high stress tolerance. I have read a ton of auto journals and info and it really varies a lot. Some people don't like to transplant their auto's or even top them, but there are many of them out there that can take it very well. I myself wont touch them until I am ready to transplant and top all in the same session. Nutrients are sort of the same way, it all differs with each strain. I had my last auto's up to 3/4 strength for majority of their lives and they turned out great. You can have a look at my finished journal to see the results of my auto's. Also a couple of good places to find some info.. Search up "Thebeast's auto topping" thread and "A-train's auto myth busting" thread. Tons of great info in here!

Audrey III is 21 days old today. All seems to be going well. Still suffering from minor Nute burn from the soil I assume (haven't started my grow regimen yet). Growing like a crazy bush. Wish I knew she was so hardy I would have topped, but since this is my 1st time didn't want to attempt it yet. Pulled her over with some of the larger fan leaves. Not sure if there is any I should do or just let her go as is.
420-magazine-mobile2049792162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1118856007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile542975068.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1564199938.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Audrey's looking mighty fine , you got this man it's all looking schwifty. Judging by how she's going you'll likely have a big bush even though you didn't top. You should start seeing signs of her sex soon.

Audrey III is 4 weeks old today. Started 1/4 strength grow nutrients two waterings ago. Turned on the Bloom switch on my Led yesterday. Removed 2 bottom fan leaves (after photos) again damaged from what I can assume is Nute burn. Preflowers are very visible and looks to have multiple bud sites present. All seems to be going well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
420-magazine-mobile293374687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1342197749.jpg
420-magazine-mobile768158755.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

nice overall colour , can see plenty of bud sites. Doesn't look like the nutrient burn has spread good times. New growth looks really vibrant.

Looking good rick, nice job on the training as well. That girl should bud up nicely for you. Now it's time to watch the flowering stretch happen, over the next couple weeks you will see it grow up some more and then slow down growth to produce the buds. Once the upward growing slows down you can start giving some bloom nutrients. Great work here, keep it up :)

Looking good rick, nice job on the training as well. That girl should bud up nicely for you. Now it's time to watch the flowering stretch happen, over the next couple weeks you will see it grow up some more and then slow down growth to produce the buds. Once the upward growing slows down you can start giving some bloom nutrients. Great work here, keep it up :)
Thanks dick23rk. Yeah just over the last 2 days she's grown a lot. Looking forward to next several weeks of excitement.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

So Audrey III is 5 weeks old today. All seems to be going well. I believe I have been suffering from a deficiency instead of Nute burn. I have been using distilled water the whole time and wasn't adding anything to it until a week and a half ago. Think I've been suffering from calcium and possibly magnesium deficiency. All is a learning curve so it's good. Everything looks okay. Ordered some new seeds for my next grow that I want to experiment with. Here's a few photos.
420-magazine-mobile1429325576.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1987679603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile829778310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile624419308.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

I have to tell you, I loved Little Shop of Horrors and I giggle every time I see that name Audrey III. :laughtwo: :morenutes:

What seeds did you order?

:thumb:
Thanks. I love it too. My wife came up with the name. I ordered a few seeds that I would like to mess around with breeding on. I should probably get a few more grows under my belt, but oh well. That will start probably around mid December. Eventually I'll get to my royal medic and easy bud seeds.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Another week, another update. Audrey III is 6 weeks today. All seems to be going good. Did some trimming for better light penetration. Vertical growth seems to have slowed to a crawl. I backed off on grow nutrients and started half dose of bloom. Watering about a gallon every 2 days now. Not much else really going on.
420-magazine-mobile2059041235.jpg
420-magazine-mobile421755115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile934911085.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

:goodjob:

I have to admit I'm getting really antsy and excited to see my autos start flowering when I see fuzzy ladies like yours. It boggles my mind how fast they grow.
Thanks a bunch. Yeah it's really exciting. Yours are around 3 weeks, another 2 weeks you should start seeing some beautiful flowers. I'm loving the dark devil. .

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Back
Top Bottom