New to group, looking for advice

Welcome Capo to 420 magazine
Below on my post is a link for new members! It will get you started on frequently asked questions and how to make a journal.

Just got some white widow and northern lights both autos from crop king seeds for my first ever grow. Any pointers would be appreciated

i grow white widow, but not from crop king. if its at all the same you're in for a treat. on my second grow ever i got 11oz dry from one white widow. she really took well to training and gave me a pretty nice table top. nice bud to leaf ratio as well. the smoke is powerful and smoked and tasted great right after drying.

my older brother grew northern lights but out doors years ago. all i remember is that i couldn't touch the tops of the main colas lol.

Good luck with your strains broski!

20190423_182902.jpg20190423_182923.jpg

i grow white widow, but not from crop king. if its at all the same you're in for a treat. on my second grow ever i got 11oz dry from one white widow. she really took well to training and gave me a pretty nice table top. nice bud to leaf ratio as well. the smoke is powerful and smoked and tasted great right after drying.

my older brother grew northern lights but out doors years ago. all i remember is that i couldn't touch the tops of the main colas lol.

Good luck with your strains broski!

20190423_182902.jpg20190423_182923.jpg
That looks pro. Thank you sir.

Don't forget to put on pants before leaving for work would be a pointer....Seriously though, we need more info than this. What specific questions do you have? We don't even know if you are indoor or out.....Nobody will spell out how to do a grow from A to Z. We need to know what you are looking for and then you will get thoughtful answers.

Indoor, using 600 watt kind led and 4 flourecent tubes. I’ve done some research. Trying to keep cabinet at 78 degrees and 50% R.H. Just trying to maximize my yeild end have a quality product
Just keep in ind that the Kind 600W light actually consumes 307 watts of power give or take a few watts. With purple LED you want to run about 50 actual watts per square foot for optimum yields. So your Kind light will help you to achieve highest yields if you are using it for 6 square feet of grow area. That is one big tip for you! Never pay attention to "advertised wattage" (600)....Always look at actual power consumption in the fine print.
You can grow just fine with 35-40 actual watts per square foot but for highest yields like you said you will want to be right at 50 actual watts per square feet for purple LED. For florescent lights even higher than 50 watts per square feet, probably 60.

Just keep in ind that the Kind 600W light actually consumes 307 watts of power give or take a few watts. With purple LED you want to run about 50 actual watts per square foot for optimum yields. So your Kind light will help you to achieve highest yields if you are using it for 6 square feet of grow area. That is one big tip for you! Never pay attention to "advertised wattage" (600)....Always look at actual power consumption in the fine print.
You can grow just fine with 35-40 actual watts per square foot but for highest yields like you said you will want to be right at 50 actual watts per square feet for purple LED. For florescent lights even higher than 50 watts per square feet, probably 60.

Bang on!
and to add to this. When you decide to add a light or upgrade/expand, make sure to do a butt load of research. the choices are out of this world now. every time i think i'm happy with my lights i start eye balling the next better thing that i wish i got in the first place lol.

cobs and quantum boards are really where it's at now. I use 2 "1500" watt led in my veg tent they draw about 250w from the wall. and then i have 3 big led each with 4 cobs in the flower tent, they each pull 400-450w. I'm sure i'll get an awesome yield from these lights, but if i had a quantum set up i could get even more light with better spread and way less heat. heat being your bottle neck when it comes to lighting.

Indoor, using 600 watt kind led and 4 flourecent tubes. I’ve done some research. Trying to keep cabinet at 78 degrees and 50% R.H. Just trying to maximize my yeild end have a quality product

what are you growing in? soil or hydro?

Welcome to the community. Love your choice of strains. I also grew WW Auto under blurple lights in soil for my first indoor grow and I was extremely happy with results. My help for your grow would be this.. after you get the WW dried and you gonna try her out.. Sit down first she is potent. :yummy::passitleft:. Look into getting a journal going and you will get the help along the way to the final product.

Welcome!
I have a few good topics in my signature. I’d recommend giving them a look. There are pH and VPD (humidity) charts at the bottom that will be helpful.

You’re too low on you RH calculation. 78F you’ll want to be closer to 70-75% in veg. 50% when in flower.

Are you building your own soil, organic, synthetic nutes?

Bang on!
and to add to this. When you decide to add a light or upgrade/expand, make sure to do a butt load of research. the choices are out of this world now. every time i think i'm happy with my lights i start eye balling the next better thing that i wish i got in the first place lol.

cobs and quantum boards are really where it's at now. I use 2 "1500" watt led in my veg tent they draw about 250w from the wall. and then i have 3 big led each with 4 cobs in the flower tent, they each pull 400-450w. I'm sure i'll get an awesome yield from these lights, but if i had a quantum set up i could get even more light with better spread and way less heat. heat being your bottle neck when it comes to lighting.
Thanks guys. All info helps. I appreciate it. I was thinking about getting 2 optic 8+ To add into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom