Lights - (1) 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Earth juice (Bloom, Grow, Meta-k, micro-blast
Medium - Roots Organic - 1-2 cups wormcastings added
PPM - ?
PH - 6.5 RO going in
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature soil
Room Square Footage - 3' x 3' tent - open during lights on in a 12x12 room with ac and scrubber
Pests - None Known

Problem: My leaves are curling up twisting and falling off

Brown spots along the veins first then curling up on the tips twisting and dying fan leaves - almost all my original large fan leaves are toasted.

What I did so far... 1.5 weeks ago transplanted into larger container - thats when I realized my PH run off was below 5!! Yikes thought I didn't have to worry about that with organic grow!!?? Ok so transplanted then flushed (all the goodness out of the new soil) and added dolomite lime about a 1/2 cup (pellets) to the soil. So flushed and flushed about 2 - 3 gallons of RO water until I got a 6.2 or so PH reading on the out flow from the soil. OK I felt better after that (btw this is just one of the 2 plants but its the larger 30" one vs the 20" runt). The 20" runt girl is way better but showing similar signs.
Ok flushed watered with no new newts since I transplanted in more new soil there "should" be plenty newts there. Moving on things were looking a TON better, lower growth is nice and green with new leaves all green and good.
Forward 2 weeks and bam... as soon as I send a pic of my beautiful buds to a friend the next day my big fan leaves started curling down, then up then twisting turning brown with spots first then wow almost all of the big fan leaves are crapping out on me. The new lower growth looks totally fine.

I only fed these girls 3x with the bloom following directions - basically tsp. per gal. not much. every 3 watering feed once the brown spots showed up no more feeding just RO water and cal mag - I've been putting cal-mag is since beginning of flower, if watered plain I would add 2 tsp of cal mag. when I fed no cal mag.

I never PH tested the input when feeding. Found the 5 ph on run off that was my panic right b4 transplant so added the dolomite lime.

Tonight - PH of my RO water amended with PH up to about 6.8 to see if I could get the run off higher which I did, now runoff ph is 6.2.

Fiolar sprayed Epsom salt yesterday, put about 1 tbs Epsom salt in my watering yesterday. Today the plant was almost dry sucked up a bunch of water so I watered again with the PH 6.8 today enough to get 30% runoff. PH of run off was 6.2 .... thats it here's my pic from yesterday:

MJ_jun30_2104_pic1.jpg

do you have a fan(s) blowing directly on the plants? That could explain some of the drying out you're experiencing. Hope this helps!

Yes I have a fan but it's only on during light cycle. The grow tent is closed with lights out open with lights on and fan. Fan is 6ft away on low. There are 2 plants one is ok (but showing signs of leaf spotting), the taller one in the pic was doing great then everything really went to hell after switching to HPS from MH at beginning of flower. The larger plant gets less air as it's behind her smaller sister. I did move the 600w hps lamp farther away since it was looking like the top fan leaves are doing the dry and curl thing. I watered yesterday with RO water with PH up to about 6.8 PH runoff was still down around 6.2 ph if that. I'm worried about lockout and trying to figure out how to fix it. I feel like such a rank amateur it's not even funny. My last grow about 10yrs ago was outdoors in mushroom soil from seed and I had 1.5lbs 1 plant did major defoil - large paper bag full of 15" buds, all I had to do was trim and water if that. It was sooo easy. Not this time.

Here's a pic of the leaves 2 days previous to the first pic to see where this came from and how fast it happened!! Any Ideas?? Link to my uploads you can go from 6/27 to 7/2 right in a row and see the progression from great looking to ready to die .....

WP_20140627_001.jpg

Here's a pic of the leaves 2 days previous to the first pic to see where this came from and how fast it happened!! Any Ideas?? Link to my uploads you can go from 6/27 to 7/2 right in a row and see the progression from great looking to ready to die .....

WP_20140627_001.jpg

Hmm, I'm guessing a calcium deficiency and/or heat stress. In terms of potential lockout I've gone so far as to completely re-put my girls during flowering cycle. Crazy yes and it took a week or so before they acclimated but they seemed to suffer no ill effects in the long run. I hope you can straighten things out!

Here's today's pics. The buds are getting frosty and today finally the bud leaves look shiny and glisten with very early trichomes so maybe I've got it somewhat under control. Today I noticed the danky dank smell again. Yesterday it smelled different almost like decomposing soil, not the over whelming dank smell. I have 2 plants the larger one is the one with the issues but the smaller one has spots on the leaves and some are claw like as well.

Here's my gallery for more pics you can see the setup there:
bobrown14 Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

this is the problem child today

WP_20140703_016.jpg

and another from farther away, the lower leaves look fine and new growth looks fine... old fan leaves are burning off, I've noticed the buds are not getting larger.

WP_20140703_010.jpg

in between distance

WP_20140703_009.jpg

This is her sister

WP_20140703_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom