Newbie and autos

yep it is indeed a tough one. i think its the name. it might be called something else on here.
so far tho it seems my grow is closest to yours ive found.

my fastbud is diesel x rudi your AP is NYC diesel x rudi
indica/rudi hybrids tend to be among the shortest ladies in the family, so as long as you dont get any stretch from light shortage, they will probably only grow about a ft or two.
depending on the stability of the strain, you could get any number of pheno variations. some of mine do lots of sidebranching and some do almost none.

if you get 20 grams from a plant ill be impressed ;)

i feel like a first time mother i check in on my little darling every chance i get the first day of seedling stage i put her in just plain old water...well not old but i bucket of dechlorinated water no nutes and the tips of the leaves started to turn brown and the round ones are drooping something awful the light was at 15 inches because a buddy told me 8in of should be good now i have it at 20inches and put her in 1/2 strength nute solution hoping to see some of color come back to those tips i will try to post some pictures so at least others can learn from my failures at worst... at best i will get some accolades for my 21 gram yield lol thanks giga did you do a journal on fastbud? i will check and let you know if i cant find it and as always ANY advise would be greatly appreciated

grow journal 3 was fast bud or at least the last half of the journal was im sure and i did grow some for grow 4 they havnt finished yet but im having a few difficulties as you will notice if you get round to popping your head in, both are in my sig =)

if the leaves burn like that in just tap water, then perhaps its your water...too much flouride? its been known to burn some plants, but its a wide guess.

All autos don't like much nutes. They burn easy. Unless she is a good size, I wouldn't give her nutes, unless you use something gentle like VF11. I have been watering my autos with vf11 300ppm and they are still seedlings. They exploded with growth once I started the vf11. No signs of burn. Nice green leaves.

swchemp-march7.jpg

It's a WW auto, so takes 75 days instead of 60.

so adding it to the nute bucket was a bad idea then? i noticed the ph of my tap water is 8.2 and i got it down to 6.0 and waited 24 hours added nutes to water and waited 3 or 4 hours then added the home made net pot lid containing one ap auto the tap water was murky looking after only abt 28 hours under the light...i have a dimmable ballast so i turned it to 75% thinking maybe it might be baking under the 600w MH bulb its in a sort of a cool tube that's not so much a tube as it is a sealed reflector hood i don't know a much at all i grew once before in soil under 4 ft Flo's it turned out to be OK smoke but outta 3 plants only yielded maybe a 1/4 oz but i am very sure i rushed things a lot and i didn't use nutes at all just a soil sand mixture
thanks

i am useing gen hydro flora grow micro and bloom i added 2.5 tsp of all three in to aprox 4.75 gal of water the recomended dose was 1 tsp per gal so i did just over half... if i notice burn should i go back to water or should i go lower on my nutes...thank you for everything.

All autos don't like much nutes. They burn easy. Unless she is a good size, I wouldn't give her nutes, unless you use something gentle like VF11. I have been watering my autos with vf11 300ppm and they are still seedlings. They exploded with growth once I started the vf11. No signs of burn. Nice green leaves.

swchemp-march7.jpg

It's a WW auto, so takes 75 days instead of 60.

i noticed the ph of my tap water is 8.2 and i got it down to 6.0 and waited 24 hours added nutes to water and waited 3 or 4 hours then added the home made net pot
that there could be your problem.

fill bucket with water, bubble for 24 hours, add nutes, THEN ph to 6, wait 20 mins just to check the ph holds then water straight away.

if you ph then add nutes you could end up with all manner of ph depending on the nute brand.

Edit: my advice was tailored more towards soil.

exactly the same as above for hydro, but ph down to maybe 5.7 and add ph down when it hits 5.9 or something like that. but PHing is last on the list always.

i just added it to nutes today i checked the ph before nutes it was 5.8 after i added nutes it was at 6.0 and the nutes added some where in the upper 200's i am thinking like 280 or so ppm to the water...i will check the ph and take/hopefully post a picture of the space/setup when i get off work tonight its still soo small i have gone thru the typical newbie of thinking i killed it at least 5 or 6 times so far and its only been 7 days since the start of germination i still have one seed in rock-wool that hasn't sprouted...

well hell if just plain water ws burning it then i am fukd lol well at least i didn't waste blue dream or amnesia haze till i can figure out what is in my water that might be killing my plant looks like i have my work cut out for me...

does it need daily calibration? when i received it i also bought 4.0 and 7.0 calibration liquid and i calibrated it on I'd say this past Saturday.. i may just wait it out... what else would cause just the tips to burn could the light do that? because i recently raised the light and turned it to 75% power after i noticed the burn hell the plant is only 2 days above medium so anything i do is recently i am sorry for stupid questions and really appreciate you taking the time to bestow a little knowledge on me

If the burnt tips is on the round starter leaves, I wouldn't worry about it. But personally, I would put them in almost pure water for the first 3 weeks. If you give them nutes, keep it at 100 or below. Others might have success with autos by giving more nutes so early. Maybe they will chime in.

Heat stress causes the tips of each segment to curl up a bit. If a light is too close to the plants, it will start to bleach the leaves, which can look similar to nitrogen def and other things.

Not sure if a light being too close can cause burnt tips.

Test the 4.0 and 7.0 solutions to see if your meter reads 4.0 and 7.0 just to be safe.

ok will do when i get home in about two hours the first set of true leaves are burnt a little but my wife thinks i am full of it i will post a picture tonight and post it hopefully that will help

well fellas i have some good news the browning has cleared up the stem and round leaves are purple looking but i think i am done with panic mode for now at least thanks again and look for my journal soon...although it might not be nearly as interesting/tech. sound as yours giga or yours ledrf...thanks guys i was so excited to not see brown i forgot to check the ph will do tonight before bed as i plan to do nightly lets see for aprox the next 58 days i will try to post weekly pictures starting with the ones i took tonight

Howdy, I just wanted to mention a good test to see if your ph tester is accurate. Simply go to a pet store that has fish. Ask for a liquid ph test kit ( 3-4 dollars) they are simple, very accurate and last for several grows I switched back to the liquid kit because my ph meter was wrong more than it was right. Good luck.

just a update i bought a ph test kit but its lowest ph was 6.5....which i didn't notice till i got it home of course....shes looking good 3 actual sets of leaves (not the round ones) are now formed its looking healthy roots just hit the water and can tell a drastic change in the rate of growth I've (my wife) has taken pictures around the same time every night its kinda cool to flip through and watch her grow just thought id share some good for the help through the skittish start thanks again guys im going to try to figure out how to post pictures now...

Back
Top Bottom