Newbie needs help

LelandBelloff

420 Member
I have an indoor grow and having minor issues. Picture attached! I have one northern light plant that was doing awesome until bam leaves curled up, very dry leaves and I don’t know what to do as it happened overnight .

Attachments

• 4BB66450-6FAA-431C-8E20-89E575211FB1.jpeg
    4BB66450-6FAA-431C-8E20-89E575211FB1.jpeg
    654.9 KB · Views: 55
  • A9B4786D-E9F0-4FDC-BB4D-BED8B16DE2D5.jpeg
    A9B4786D-E9F0-4FDC-BB4D-BED8B16DE2D5.jpeg
    743.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 8C4D5BD5-F840-4EFD-A13A-5950752A9CF0.jpeg
    8C4D5BD5-F840-4EFD-A13A-5950752A9CF0.jpeg
    740 KB · Views: 61

Without more info (see @Chris Scorpio links), I'm going to bet a nickel that you have been over feeding them from the get go.

What is your feed schedule?

Ok so I don’t have a dog but I do have a few lazy sons but they don’t know where plants are, lol although I would put peeing in a plant by them
I start in cups when they have about an inch growth I give them 1/2 strength FF nutes roughly 6 ozs.
I feed every 4-5 days and every third feeding gets nutes
Are use Fox Farms ocean floor soil Fox Farms trio nutrients my temperature stays in between 75 and 80° and the relative humidity is about 4040° mom I have about five plants growing I feed them all the same way but I’m thinking maybe this particular part didn’t have good enough drainage so I switched out the plant to a new pot and she livened up a bit
Here’s my question do auto flowers even need nutrients and what is your optimal feeding PH

Ok so I don’t have a dog but I do have a few lazy sons but they don’t know where plants are, lol although I would put peeing in a plant by them
I start in cups when they have about an inch growth I give them 1/2 strength FF nutes roughly 6 ozs.
I feed every 4-5 days and every third feeding gets nutes
Are use Fox Farms ocean floor soil Fox Farms trio nutrients my temperature stays in between 75 and 80° and the relative humidity is about 4040° mom I have about five plants growing I feed them all the same way but I’m thinking maybe this particular part didn’t have good enough drainage so I switched out the plant to a new pot and she livened up a bit
Here’s my question do auto flowers even need nutrients and what is your optimal feeding PH
Yes Autos definitely need food optimal pH is 6.5 to 6.7 could you treat them how you would treat photos as far as feeding as concerned. The difference between photo and auto is one has a set lifespan (the photo)and the other you can grow as long as you want. still need the same nutritional value as any other plant. Cheers-G.I.JOSE

Auto has a set life span, generally 28 days of veg, and then they move on to flower on their own. Doesn't matter if you change the light cycle or not, they move on.

Photos, you can veg them forever as long as you keep them at the appropriate light cycle, like 18/6 or 24/24.

Other thing with autos, you really don't want to mess with them much, in terms of up-potting/transplanting. Because they are on a set lifecycle, the transplant will stunt them and they will lose valuable grow time. Not sure if that is just my experience or fact, but thats what I have read here, and have experienced first hand.

Between FFOF being hot to begin with, and you already adding nutes, I'd back off on them and not add any unless the girls ask for them. I think you have advanced nute burn goin on. In my case, I don't feed them until almost 4 weeks from seed. They don't seem to need it.

Also, my opinion, set your nutes at 6.3. They will drift up right after you add them to the soil. But for now, I wouldn't feed them until you get things stable.

I water only on the 5th day after a watering. So I try to match my water with pot size so I’m keeping about 2 qts every 5 days and nutes every third feeding.
So FFOF I knew was hot so I just give them a taste 1/2 strength after first week then every 5 th day.
What is ur opinion on rain water and water ph at 5.9.

Juste a question like this... Where do you hide your plant.. Is there a cold draft or a heater near by. In horticulture classes we've been thought that a really drastic change in leaft (deterioration) is often a heat related issues.. Like wet leaf at night and a subtle temperature drop... But anyhow.. I would completely remove all damage leaf from you plant and lower feeding and only feed water for next few weeks till new growth replace damage leaf. It will bouce back if you do this... Let it settle in and get used to its environnement. Could be a shock reaction. But i don't thing ffof is that hot to create this tipe of reaction.. Lower nutes to 1/4 strenght ans work your way back up...

Welcome @LelandBelloff you've got some big pot brains in with you on this one! Whats the status? Is that wilt on only one side? My little pot brain thinks it sat next to a heat exchanger or a draft. Or the kid piss. Possible? CHeers and good luck! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom