Newbie question! Clones & feeding advice?

calidreamin

Hey,
brand new grower here, ;) just planted some white rhino clones in one gallon pots-in Fox Farm ocean forest and watered them with ph 5.5ish water. They're hanging out under a 1000k watt hps light for 18 hours.
I've been looking around the forums for tips on this but can't quite get all the info I'm looking for.
So all I have right now is Fox Farm GrowBig liquid 6-4-4.
Am I supposed to water every 2-3 days? Also I'm confused about when to feed too. Do I start with the GrowBig right off, or wait a little while? Not positive how old the clones are.
When the babies get bigger, do I need to switch to 20-20-20? That's the opinion of a friend andI don't know much about it.

One more question. Is it necessary to spray the room and the pots with mite spray any time you ever grow? I got these clones from a good source that says they never had bug problems. Is there a place that explains the specifics on pest cautions?

Thank you thank you, I appreciate any input!v :peace:

Re: Newbie question!! Clones & feeding advice??

first off if in dirt stay above six or its gonna hurt sorry had to get that out.

I wouldn;t feed nutes for a week one because of transplant shock and two FFOF is full of a ocean full of nutes. I got 2100ppm on first run off on pure RO.

you should water when either the pot/buckets feels lite, when top teo-three inches are dry, my favorite when she lets youknow leaves will start falling down kinda like arms. I like this method because she feed really well some strains dont like it as luch but for the most part the lov it and you can see them grow like crazy, but there is one down fall you have got to flush on or around weeks 4 7a quick fluch will do. salt buld up sucks and plants hate it.

start feeding a week after transplant get them growing.

how tall are the clones are there root mass good healthy

what does 20-20-20 mean is that nutes.

I dont think you really need to worry about pest unless grow out doors or your RH is high although it is always good to take precautions. make sure always to be paying close ATTN to your babies they will take care of you so you do the same. here is a link

Problems, Pests & Disease Control - 420 Magazine hope this helps

Hey,
brand new grower here, ;) just planted some white rhino clones in one gallon pots-in Fox Farm ocean forest and watered them with ph 5.5ish water. They're hanging out under a 1000k watt hps light for 18 hours.
I've been looking around the forums for tips on this but can't quite get all the info I'm looking for.
So all I have right now is Fox Farm GrowBig liquid 6-4-4.
Am I supposed to water every 2-3 days? Also I'm confused about when to feed too. Do I start with the GrowBig right off, or wait a little while? Not positive how old the clones are.
When the babies get bigger, do I need to switch to 20-20-20? That's the opinion of a friend andI don't know much about it.

One more question. Is it necessary to spray the room and the pots with mite spray any time you ever grow? I got these clones from a good source that says they never had bug problems. Is there a place that explains the specifics on pest cautions?

Thank you thank you, I appreciate any input!v :peace:

High calidreamin and :welcome: to 420magazine!

Big honkin' light for a few little clones. Don't bake them now. I'd keep it back about 3 ft for a couple of days then bring it closer a bit at a time if they look happy. pH 6 is real good for soil but for a first watering the soil will likely have a buffering effect and the clones won't notice. Better to leave it be unless the plants show signs of distress.

They shouldn't need any nutes for a while in good soil like that. Not before they start growing real good anyways. With that light and good dirt they should take off real quick. Just don't water them 'till they're soggy and like Poke Smot said, let the pots get light before you water again. I don't do dirt much but I like setting the pot in a pan and let it draw the water up. Put a bit of water in at a time and when you can feel moisture a couple of inches down take it out of the water. If you keep the top 2 inches dry it will help prevent fungus gnats.

Fill up another pot with damp soil so you can compare the weight of it to the ones with plants. If you are going to grow in pots this is a good skill to learn as each plant will use water at different rates. After a while you'll be able to give each plant it's water just when it needs it.

Don't spray for nothing unless you have identified the enemy. Keep the grow area clean but Don't be anal about it. Don't mother your babies to death and Don't listen to your friends about growing. Come here and educate yourself and when you can't find what you seek, ask, and it will be answered.

Learning about growing from well meaning friends is like learning about sex in the school yard. Not very good info. If you're going to use that Grow Big for veg then see if they have the Bloom version of that and use it. Don't get it right away because if you look around enough you may want to use something else by the time your girls are ready to flower. Lots of good info here,

Soil - 420 Magazine

or here,

How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

That 20-20-20 is probably Miracle Grow or some other commercial crap like it, is it? Give it back to your pal and tell him to go "Grow Pot" with it. ;0)

We're all glad you showed up and we're here to help. Don't be a stranger and don't be afraid to ask. There are no stupid questions, only stupid mistakes, because the question wasn't asked.

Good luck and we're all pulling for you. :peace:

Thanks Poke Smot and Lab Rat for your input!
I understand more about feeding now, and I think I had the lights too close, I will move the lights up a little. Good to know it's not necessary to spray all the time.
I've slightly observed a couple friend's grow, and of course they are both very different and I'm new so I will come here for advice.
I think I'll start a grow journal here pretty soon.
It's great to have so much help and advice here, I love it!

Have fun!

Calidreamin', you've started with the best beginner settup, FF is nearly foolproof IMO don't feed for 2 weeks (the bag says 3-4 weeks) Big bloom is only worm castings and bat guano, so you'll need FF's veg supliment Grow Big for micro nutes. Start out with about half of what the bottles call for then raise the nutes as needed. Mix the 2 supliments together and water as normal when I lived on the coast they needed water about every 3-4 days. A cheap moisture guage helps alot, don't water till the needle indicates about 1- 1 1/2 on the dial.

you chose a great place to grow mj loves the ocean air and humidity, and from personal experience as long as ya keep the temps between 42F and 85F ya'll be proud of the product!>)

Back
Top Bottom