NHTeatimes Indoor Attempt

Going shopping after work today: Shopping list Plastic drip trays (2) Florescent light bulbs 40 watt(2) More soil to add to my 3 1/2 gal pots and for transplanting baby turbo. Small garden rocks to put on top of pots so when i water I dont make holes in the soil and a Smaller fan. Payday is Funday :) I also ordered some sea kelp spray. 1 Week and counting

Going shopping after work today: Shopping list Plastic drip trays (2) Florescent light bulbs 40 watt(2) More soil to add to my 3 1/2 gal pots and for transplanting baby turbo. Small garden rocks to put on top of pots so when i water I dont make holes in the soil and a Smaller fan. Payday is Funday :) I also ordered some sea kelp spray. 1 Week and counting

Since retiring, my Paydays only come once a month! It's HORRIBLE for growing. If I need it, I can bet it's between pays :) :peace:
Keep the great work up! :goodjob:

So your saying i can just use the fluorescents for now? My kids had snakes and iguanas - and they had heat lamps and fluorescent lights to go with their tanks - Ill have to check it out and see if any of them are usable. Thanks for the info - My BF thanks you too :thanks:

Hi nhteatime! Nice funday shopping list - and sorry I called you 'bro' in an earlier post - lol @ me! You can definitely use fluorescent lights in the beginning with smaller gardens. Growers of all crops use them to germinate and establish seedlings. It's cheaper, cooler, less stressful, and you can get the lights right up to (but not touching) seedlings once they've emerged and stretched their first true leaves. Until then I recommend about 1 inch away. Once they get established then they are ready for the vigor and intensity of the higher light intensity and all the things that come with it.
Re: the drip trays, one can pretty much do whatever suits their personal situation/garden style but the main critical thing is that w/ soil grows you ALWAYS want to wash out some water whenever feeding (and also when not feeding and just adding water). There are miscellaneous theories. I use individual clear plastic runoff trays. It lets me keep a good visual of the runoff water and, it lets me capture that water for monitoring purposes (runoff pH, ppm concentration, color, etc.) specifically from that plant instead of all the runoff water running together. It all comes down to what fits your situation best!
One thing I've learned from my current grow is that I want to move my plants from the fluorescents to under the intense light (400W HPS in my case) sooner. I waited until the plants expressed sex (auto strain) for this grow thinking that then I'd only move the females into the 400W HPS, but previously I've moved them sooner and got a different growth pattern and higher more compact yields. Hope this is useful! Have a great day, and thanks again for sharing your grow. It's a learning experience for me! Cheers

Since retiring, my Paydays only come once a month! It's HORRIBLE for growing. If I need it, I can bet it's between pays :) :peace:
Keep the great work up! :goodjob:

Very good point Beato - never underestimate Murphy's Law!! Murphy...wtf is up with that anyway lol - was Murphy related to Debbie Downer ya wonder? Twins? lmao Have a great day everybody!

Well i transplanted baby turbo. shes got some catching up to do but when transplanting i noticed her roots are really long already. Maybe shes working on roots underneath more than growing above.. thats cool :) I picked up some drip trays - couldnt find one long one but if i run into a problem with any of them at least i can test the run off individually as you said Dayze. I got four CF lights so i have to figure out how to hang them this weekend.

colorfuldayze what did you mean by "wash out some water" Do you mean water them till its flowing out the bottom of the pot? Im always afraid of over watering so i tend to just give them enough and not over do it. I added the rocks to the top of the soil tonight too. I think it helps as far as not disturbing the soil as much and may even help water more evenly??? Just a thought.

Ill post a couple pics this weekend :peace: :Namaste:

Switch the lighting to florescents for now and I think the girls are liking it. Between the new lights, adding more soil, and burying them deeper they are looking like real mini plants now. Turbo is whacked though - she looks like she has bat wings honestly.

Onto photos, first Turbo. Her leaves are kind of strange and she looks like shes getting ready to fly
turbo_flying.jpg
turbo.jpg
funky_leaves.jpg

Sweet Skunk
skunk215.jpg
skunk67.jpg

and afghan
afghan_23.jpg
afghan12.jpg

Thats it for now :peace:

Hahaha Ill be posting more pics this weekend. Turbos wings are getting longer...strangest looking plant Ive seen yet. Shes still reaching for the stars

Isn't it odd how some of them turn out?? :) The one I call wild child didn't even look like a pot plant for a while, now it has buds all over the place! Loving all the twists and turns of growing. Looking forward to your pics :) :peace:

Update - switched to using the MH light along with CFLS. So far so good, two of the three are starting to fill out :) Turbo - I just dont know - it may be because it got stuck in its seed or something but I dont really know. The two lower leaves look almost like they have a knuckle and the top leaves keep growing together and sticking in the middle. Its really weird and it doesnt even look like a real plant.

Well onto pictures First up Skunk

sweet22.jpg
sweet22.jpg
skunk4_2_.jpg

Afghan:

afghan_13.jpg
afghan51.jpg

and Turbo

turbo1.jpg

turbo_6.jpg
turbo4.jpg

One group photo

group_29.jpg

Hi nhteatime, thanks for the update. Plants are looking really good and established. I bet the chances are really good that they'll all be females :) The green light is interesting - I've never seen that before in a gro. What kind of gro space are you planning when those girls get two to three feet tall? Cheers

Hi Colorfuldayze! Thanks for stopping by. I can raise and lower the top light to suit the height i need. and with the way it looks now I dont think Ill be having to worry about 3 plants. Turbo is not doing good, I think shes going to go belly up, or leaf down :rip: Anyways with only two plants I wont have to move them - just spread them out a bit. The lights are actually really bright white - i think it was my camera that made it look green. Sweet skunk and Afghan kush are loving the new light too, I have seen a big growth spurt in one week since I added the MH light. Its so funny, i try to stay away for a couple days like when I was growing over the summer and would go camping for the weekend. It was fun to come back to see how they'd mature, but having it grow inside now - over the fall and winter I cant seem to stay away. Im down there every day at least once. Week three almost complete

On a side note, Epping NH is voting to be the first dispensary in NH!! Yay!! About time.

:thumb:

Sounds good nhteatime -thanks for the update! Congratulations on the upcoming dispensary vote - thumbs crossed! Interesting re: the green light appearance - now that you say that I have noticed some awfully green-lighted fotos on other threads and now I know :) Sorry to hear about Turbo - wonder what was/is up with it...I've seen a lot of phenotypic flukes from years of germinating seeds. Sometimes just one little thing isn't optimal i.e. root growth and the plant is a mutant and never catches up - other times they appear small and weak and then explode with vigor and production...I also can definitely relate with spending time away and coming back with anticipation! If I have to travel for short stints during the vegetative half of the gro my wife takes over watering but not during flowering. Can't wait to see update fotos of Afghan and Skunk - and stills sending Turbo good vibes! Cheers

nhteatime, I understand completely about not being able to stay away! I'm in my grow room multiple times every day. :) I really don't notice their growth since I am constantly looking at them..... when I went back through my journal I was blown away! :) I've made up my mind to get the most enjoyment as possible from this endeavor no matter how it turns out. Sorry to hear about Turbo. :peace:

Hi Colorfuldayze! Thanks for stopping by. I can raise and lower the top light to suit the height i need. and with the way it looks now I dont think Ill be having to worry about 3 plants. Turbo is not doing good, I think shes going to go belly up, or leaf down :rip: Anyways with only two plants I wont have to move them - just spread them out a bit. The lights are actually really bright white - i think it was my camera that made it look green. Sweet skunk and Afghan kush are loving the new light too, I have seen a big growth spurt in one week since I added the MH light. Its so funny, i try to stay away for a couple days like when I was growing over the summer and would go camping for the weekend. It was fun to come back to see how they'd mature, but having it grow inside now - over the fall and winter I cant seem to stay away. Im down there every day at least once. Week three almost complete

On a side note, Epping NH is voting to be the first dispensary in NH!! Yay!! About time.

Kind of off topic but I was going through some old papers today and came across my husbands summons from 1991. He was a big smoker back then (he passed 7 years ago) anyways He was going up country to pick up a boat with two friends and got pulled over. The trooper saw a joint in the ashtray and arrested all three of them for possession! . They went to court and each lost their licenses for a whole year because of a joint! My how times have Finally changed.

Back
Top Bottom