Size of light? 400w mh switch to 600w hps dual for flowering
Is it air-cooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 20-28 degrees
RH of Room/cab? 40-70 percent
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? When needed, every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None til flower

I have been reading a lot lately and so decided to join and create my own journal so I can track my progress and keep a log of my grow and get some feedback and help if needed.

This is my first grow in years, so pretty much a learning process again for me. I currently have one tent 0.8 x 0.8 set up with a 400w mh and I'll set up the 1m square with a 600w hps in December when I flower them.

I germinated 5 seeds on 19th October, they all popped and I put them into seed pots on Thursday 22nd, I set the tent up Saturday so they were on the windowsill for a couple of days.

The seed pots were root bound by the following Sunday so put them into 1.5ltr pots which I the repotted last Sunday to 11ltr pots which I will flower in.

So far it's 3 weeks today since they sprouted, I will veg them for another 3 weeks and a couple of days and flower them on Monday 14the december by which time they will have had 7 weeks or so since they sprouted. The plants are currently showing 8 nodes although from the photos this hard to see, the 9th set of leaves are currently emerging. I hope to end up with between 15-20 good bud sites per plant and as even a canopy as I am capable of creating... We shall see how that ends up!

If I can get 3g per bud site and 80 bud sites that's 240g from a 600w hps which would be ok but still way less than .5g per watt but would last me a while.

I plan to flower for around 9-10 weeks. In the past under a 400w hps dual bulb with 6 weeks veg in 6.5ltr pots I managed 2oz per plant with no topping or training so this time I hope to exceed that.

Hers are a few photos, i couldn't see how to add them directly to my post so put them in the gallery so hopefully that ok. I have been tying them down. Not sure if this was a good idea as they seem to have slowed their growth, how do they look for 3 weeks old??

image34908.jpg

image34907.jpg
image34906.jpg
image34905.jpg
image34904.jpg

I think I might have over bent them and growth slowed. They look tiny but I still have over 3 weeks to veg, could also be that I repotted them so fingers crossed that they perk up...

Oddly the one that was a runt and had twisted leaves is now the best plant so I'm glad I didn't kill it!

I am exhausting the tent out into my loft but pulling in air passively from the room, the room temps are a bit high right now as its really warm for this time of year, as soon as the temp drops the room temp will come down.

I will exhaust the flower tent into the loft space too when I set it up. I can't open the window as my neighbours house is higher than mine and they can see directly into the roof light so I must keep it shut and blacked out which isn't ideal but better than them seeing massive silver ducting going up to my attic!!

Day 23 since they broke the soil

So quick update as I figured the plants were a bit too bent over. I decided to remove the stakes holding them down, I put some screws into the pots and added counter ties to the stems then rebent them back over.

The plants all look a lot better now. I haven't watered the since Thursday so they were nice and supple, I will water them tomorrow.

I don't know why the pictures are sideways as I took them in portrait mode, I don't know how to flip them either.

image34953.jpg
image34952.jpg
image34951.jpg

I will add another update in a week or so when hopefully there will have been some noticeable changes.

Hi,
Im a new grower im growing in a 2×2.5 5'7 gorilla grow tent with a 400 watt dimmable ballast. Will this be good enough for 4 plants? I am also very confuse with what soil to choose and what to look for in it ive read online about npk % and stuff ive gone to home depot and a local garden shop but the soil didnt seem to match any of those specifications. And fertilizer why and when is it used?

Hi,
Im a new grower im growing in a 2×2.5 5'7 gorilla grow tent with a 400 watt dimmable ballast. Will this be good enough for 4 plants? I am also very confuse with what soil to choose and what to look for in it ive read online about npk % and stuff ive gone to home depot and a local garden shop but the soil didnt seem to match any of those specifications. And fertilizer why and when is it used?

Hi that's the same tent I have for veg so you can see I have 4 x 11ltr square pots and I have a 400w mh. The tent temps are quite high even with the powerful extraction I have.

Are you growing master kush? You use nutrients when the soil is exhausted of them, as I've repotted a few times I won't use them until I start to flower or maybe one week before I switch, it's easy to overuse and do more harm than good.

I can't comment on which soil you should use, I buy from a hydro store which only has a few in stock. Maybe go to a local hydro store or order online from a grow shop?

I can't remember exactly which I'm using, something professional plus but it's listed on my very first post

Thanks for taking a look.

Thank you i didnt. Even know about those shops but i found one i will be taking a look at this week. For the seeds ive got some from a friend a mine says their mexican and sativa so was thinkijg maybe give that a try or would it be to much for.my first grow or my tent not enoigh for sativas? Ive try finding some online seeds im not sure which seedbank is really reliable i was trying to get some nirvana feminized but not sure which website is reliable? Is there anywhere you reccomend me purchasing seeds from?and for.the flowering stage will you be growing elsewhere? So are fertilizer and nutrients the same thing that i need to feed the plant? Yeah no problem nice pants by the way

Thank you i didnt. Even know about those shops but i found one i will be taking a look at this week. For the seeds ive got some from a friend a mine says their mexican and sativa so was thinkijg maybe give that a try or would it be to much for.my first grow or my tent not enoigh for sativas? Ive try finding some online seeds im not sure which seedbank is really reliable i was trying to get some nirvana feminized but not sure which website is reliable? Is there anywhere you reccomend me purchasing seeds from?and for.the flowering stage will you be growing elsewhere? So are fertilizer and nutrients the same thing that i need to feed the plant? Yeah no problem nice pants by the way

Hey thanks I hoping to get some decent smoke from them! I would just order from nirvana's own website, in the past I grew jock horror and Snow White and both were great. I have grown sativa only once, was green house Arjans haze #2 I think. Tbh wasn't worth the wait but I'm sure other sativa are better. I flowered 14 weeks and they prob could have gone longer. They also didn't yield as much as the indicas as the buds were much fluffier.

I like smoking sativa though.. I have heard they are more difficult to grow so maybe something like nirvana Snow White or aurora indica would suit your first grow, or nirvana northern lights.

Where do you live with regard to ordering seeds? A hydo store might stock them if you've found one local to you.

I was really intrested in the nirvana jock horror auto feminized but i wasnt sure if to trust the website. I live in texas im not sure if they would have them as i think thats illegal around here lol could you tell me anything about fertilizer and nutrients? Im really lost in that. In trying to get some decent smoke also i decided to grow cause of all the shitty weed i get around my parts.

I don't know about ordering to Texas but on nirvana site people say they got their order so it's worth a try? I am going to be using biobizz grow and biobizz bloom for nutrients/fertiliser. You can find a lot of schedules online to follow I will post mine at some point, I got it online from somewhere.

Your soil should have enough in it for a couple of weeks then if you repot one or two times this should see you through until you start flowering, depending on your veg time.

Thank you that seriously just helped out alot. I was also wondering what will be the space needed for growing? Will my grow tent be big enough for 3 or 4 plants all the way through the flowering stage? Or will i have to move them after vegetation?

Thank you that seriously just helped out alot. I was also wondering what will be the space needed for growing? Will my grow tent be big enough for 3 or 4 plants all the way through the flowering stage? Or will i have to move them after vegetation?

If you use 6.5ltr pots for sure you will have room to flower 4 plants, if you train or top them a little you would be ok and maximise the light you have across multiple tops.

I just wouldn't let them get too big before flowering, you might even get 6 well trained indicas in 6.5ltr pots. You will need to experiment a bit really.

My bad about all thr questions in just brand new to growing anything.about how much space do most sativa dominat plants need for the flowering stage? I was thinking maybe 3 3gallon pots? I just dont want to start with 3 plants but end up not having enough space once they begin to bud. I have look into much of training or any of that yet. Ive been researching for about a mont and a half now i think i might alnost be ready but i wanna be fully prepared so i can get a first good harvest and yield

My bad about all thr questions in just brand new to growing anything.about how much space do most sativa dominat plants need for the flowering stage? I was thinking maybe 3 3gallon pots? I just dont want to start with 3 plants but end up not having enough space once they begin to bud. I have look into much of training or any of that yet. Ive been researching for about a mont and a half now i think i might alnost be ready but i wanna be fully prepared so i can get a first good harvest and yield

Hi man no worries about the questions, I'm just probably not the best person to ask! I only grew sativa once it was in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent under 400w hps dual bulb. The plants were huge and were in 6.5ltr pots, I don't use gallons just litre so sorry not sure what 3 gallon is, 11 litre?

From my own personal experience I think you would be better off trying 4 6.5 litre pots in your tent size and growing an indica or hybrid that doesn't require much in the way of skill as its your first time.

I would highly recommend nirvana Snow White, it was easy to grow, yielded 2oz per plant give or take, I grew 4 in 1m square in 6.5 pots, biobizz grow only. That was years ago though but I would definitely grow it again and it was very nice to smoke.

I don't really have much experience with sativa but I'm sure plenty on this site do.

You should start a grow journal.

Im think ill try growing these seed my friend gave me while i order some in and try out my equipment and skills so my $50 for the seed wont go down the drain. And yeah maybe my second grow i will start one. And dont you think 6.5 liters to small what bout rootbound?

Im think ill try growing these seed my friend gave me while i order some in and try out my equipment and skills so my $50 for the seed wont go down the drain. And yeah maybe my second grow i will start one. And dont you think 6.5 liters to small what bout rootbound?

Good plan with the seeds, get a few grows with your free seeds to get your environment right and experiment etc.

I don't think its too small I've used 6.5ltr pots a few times, depends on how much space you have and how long you're going to veg for. I managed to get roughly 2oz per plant with 4 plants with a 400w light so had around 7.5oz, not ideal by any standard it's about 200g so about .5g per watt. It was plenty for me.

Didn't you say you tent is only 2ft by 2ft and 5.5ft high? You will lose the pot height plus a bit at the top so you have 4.5 to 5ft in height but you don't have much floor space and a 400w light isn't that powerful for a 5ft plant.

This is all my opinion and experience though and I am using 11ltr but that's because I have a bit more room but obviously bigger pot in general means bigger roots means more yield. On the flip side a bigger pot and bigger plant means more foliage and bigger plants so less light penetration.

There are a lot of things you can do to maximise what you have but for my first grow I didnt top or lst or try out anything aside from just growing the plants.

I have a question if any lst experts read this.

All my new tops are growing well and I'm keeping th3 biggest tops below the smaller ones still catching up.

Ideally my actual main stem will give me another 3-4 nodes but since starting lst it hadn't really grow much.. just pushed one node out.

Should I let them all even up and go from there or allow my real main stem to grow above all the others to get the extra branches then bend it back down?

I asked the question in the growers forum and got an answer so to keep the journal up to date today I released all the main stems to let them grow up a bit. I topped the main stems and bigger branches on 2 plants, topped just the bigger branches/new mains on one plant leaving main stem alone and I didn't do any topping on my smallest plant, this might also enable it to catch up.

I will then have references for the future so it's good experience and hopefully a bit of experimentation won't hurt in the long run. They are 4 weeks old tomorrow but I will post some pictures in a week or so when they have recovered and resumed growth from the topping.

Wells day after the topping/fimming and the plants look happy enough. All top leaves facing up to the sun and none looking Bad.

I snapped a branch on one plant so I had to tape that and I've just realised I only topped the main stem on one, not 2 plants. So I have:

1 plant lst only
2 plants lst and newly formed mains topped
1 plant lst and main stem topped and newly formed mains topped

I think I will post some pictures next week sometime, hopefully there will be a noticeable difference by then and will be around 10 days til I flip to 12/12.

They are 4 weeks old and still no preflowers and still quite small so I might need to give them an extra week or so veg.

The roots are already at the bottom of the 11 litre pots now and I can see them poking through the drainage holes.

Quick update as plants will be 6 weeks old tomo, growth slowed considerably in the last week and they are still very short. I am considering changing to 12/12 from Monday, that will be 45 days veg from when they sprouted. I might give them another week to make up for the lost time of being topped and bent and snapped...

image35144.jpg

image35143.jpg

Plants are 7 weeks old today, started feeding with biobizz grow. Will add bloom from next week as flowering from Monday with 600w hps.

They still look small but have plenty of bud sites on them.

image35329.jpg
image35326.jpg

Back
Top Bottom