No high cooking?

Pondwater

researched to a t on many methods and sciences, i have bud thats 28% thc, its strong as fk, like best ive grown, so i made cookies,

Decarb in oven different temps and times give different effects , awsome, i dont want cbn as much i wanted thc so chose the 149c for 9 mins, weed turned golden brown and smelt vaped, still held some colour but mostly decarb look, i tryied this again with a 12 min cook it started smoking , all mixed in just incase like

so first batch i cooked up and boom got high, or plasebo effect i dont know i just went to sleep but i was tired, my daughter is a drama class she had one and well u could tell her she had it and she gets high, so no gauge there, the mrs ate 4 and got nothing is why i think it was fake, did the double boiler and butter sat at 70-90c
made another batch, this time made a ghee, and cooked it on the hob direct on heat but didnt go above 80-90c, it goes on and off as needed, and umm these tasted super green and gross, had double the weed in them and no effect .,

batch 1 was 3.5grams over 250gram butter and all in 20 cookies, the calc said they was atleast 20mg strong cookies, (i calc with 15% thc even tho i use strong stuff)
batch 2 as she didnt get high i gave her 14grams for 500g butter and 40 cookies, should have been knockout , ate 3 and got fk all,

what am i doing wrong >???? it says 20mg is a strong cookie, and i feel somwhow the thc isnt there ? i ate almost 100mg apparently and thats half calculated so should be more like 200 and nothing , but 1 spliff of this smoke and i am giggling like a mad hatter ? everyone says eddibles goes further and gets u stoned longer im not gettin a bump

A full decarb in an instant pot is 110c for 110 mins (1hour, 50 mins). Your 12 min cook is likely way too short. You got mostly thc-a, which has great health benefits by itself but without the high.
Agree 10-12 min probably isn’t enough.
I do around 110c for 25-30 min in the oven. Less browning of the bud and it seems to work right for anything going into oil to make edibles.

I do an hour and fifteen minutes in the Instant Pot on high but that's because I want some decarbed and some not.

You can test your output by putting some of it in some oil like olive or grape and heating it on the stove for a bit. If you start getting bubbles that's the decarb process in action. I'll bet that at the limited time you tried you didn't do much to convert the cannabinoids.

A full decarb in an instant pot is 110c for 110 mins (1hour, 50 mins). Your 12 min cook is likely way too short. You got mostly thc-a, which has great health benefits by itself but without the high.
we followed this ? assuming the thc is the high from a cookie not wanting to just go sleep lol ?
Here are three different recipes to decarb weed for different effects.

• High CBN (more sedative)

• 100 Celcious for 90 minutes
  • Average of both CBN & THC

• 115 Celcious for 40 minutes
  • High THC

• 145 Celcious for 10 minutes (if you leave the weed longer than this it will degrade rapily and become useless – use this setting with caution!)
THC is known for its psychoactive properties, including a euphoric high, while CBD offers more relaxation benefits. CBN, on the other hand, is best for its sedating properties, ideal for promoting sleep

so hoped for a pure thc high ?

THC degrades with time and temperature into CBN, the sleepy time cannabinoid. The time and temps I cited come from the GW Pharma patent application for the drug they got approved.

Lots of recipies around, you have to find one that works for you, but 9-12 mins just isn't enough time at that temp. The higher the temperature the less time needed which is why when you light it on fire when smoking it decarbs almost instantly.

THC degrades with time and temperature into CBN, the sleepy time cannabinoid. The time and temps I cited come from the GW Pharma patent application for the drug they got approved.

Lots of recipies around, you have to find one that works for you, but 9-12 mins just isn't enough time at that temp. The higher the temperature the less time needed which is why when you light it on fire when smoking it decarbs almost instantly.
oo thats interesting do you happen to have a link it it im finding alot of giant reads but not the plan,
how much do you bake and consume to get a strong high outa curiosity. i was surprised howfar they say it goes 3.5g giving 20 ofdd high doses, hows that apply to your dosing finds ?

Here's one.

I'm more a CBD user, as well as the acidic versions like thc-a, cbg-a, cbd-a. They are thought to be more powerful medical versions in many cases.
oh cool, so u dont get ''high'' the thca holds benefit that thc decarbed doesn't? azi if im not being cheeky tell me if i am, what conditions are you medicating for or more correctly what reasons, and ofc any info on it would be cool, i do alot of smoking n getting high always have but also a med user big time, for pain/anxiety and autoimmune, im using magicmusrooms to reset my anxiety every 5month and well thc calms and i love it lol i dont drink , jus smoke n laugh lol,

i grew a cbd strain but i think i wanted to be high when smoking it so i didnt take to it or notice the effects , it was years ago and i was nieve now i am on a searching journey ashwaganda rodela and other adaptogens i notice differences with how sensitive i made my body through junk food lol sent me on a psyche trip where i now like to see and knwo why what how where it works lol,

so i am really interested in your findings , feelings and views i love the diversity of each person its interesting why we tick haha not 1 clocks the same :p

researched to a t on many methods and sciences, i have bud thats 28% thc, its strong as fk, like best ive grown, so i made cookies,

Decarb in oven different temps and times give different effects , awsome, i dont want cbn as much i wanted thc so chose the 149c for 9 mins, weed turned golden brown and smelt vaped, still held some colour but mostly decarb look, i tryied this again with a 12 min cook it started smoking , all mixed in just incase like

so first batch i cooked up and boom got high, or plasebo effect i dont know i just went to sleep but i was tired, my daughter is a drama class she had one and well u could tell her she had it and she gets high, so no gauge there, the mrs ate 4 and got nothing is why i think it was fake, did the double boiler and butter sat at 70-90c
made another batch, this time made a ghee, and cooked it on the hob direct on heat but didnt go above 80-90c, it goes on and off as needed, and umm these tasted super green and gross, had double the weed in them and no effect .,

batch 1 was 3.5grams over 250gram butter and all in 20 cookies, the calc said they was atleast 20mg strong cookies, (i calc with 15% thc even tho i use strong stuff)
batch 2 as she didnt get high i gave her 14grams for 500g butter and 40 cookies, should have been knockout , ate 3 and got fk all,

what am i doing wrong >???? it says 20mg is a strong cookie, and i feel somwhow the thc isnt there ? i ate almost 100mg apparently and thats half calculated so should be more like 200 and nothing , but 1 spliff of this smoke and i am giggling like a mad hatter ? everyone says eddibles goes further and gets u stoned longer im not gettin a bump

Personally, I've always followed the advice of @SweetSue:

Decarbing high THC and high CBD strains

The acidic cannabinoids are thought to work in similarl ways, although the acidic are much more powerful than their heated counterparts. CBD-a for example is absorbed 5-10x better than the counterpart and is more powerful as well so much less is needed for a therapeutic dose. They do have slightly different properties. Same for CBG and CBG-a.

I make a blend of 40% each CBD and CBD-a, and 5% each of CBG, CBG-a, THC, and THC-a. There aren't a lot of published studies on these because of prohibition, but I figure I'll get the best both versions have to offer by combining them the way I do.

CBD is good for sleep, anxiety, inflammation, pain caused by inflammation, nausea and lots of other things as it helps with homeostasis of the body.

The acidic cannabinoids are thought to work in similarl ways, although the acidic are much more powerful than their heated counterparts. CBD-a for example is absorbed 5-10x better than the counterpart and is more powerful as well so much less is needed for a therapeutic dose. They do have slightly different properties. Same for CBG and CBG-a.

I make a blend of 40% each CBD and CBD-a, and 5% each of CBG, CBG-a, THC, and THC-a. There aren't a lot of published studies on these because of prohibition, but I figure I'll get the best both versions have to offer by combining them the way I do.

CBD is good for sleep, anxiety, inflammation, pain caused by inflammation, nausea and lots of other things as it helps with homeostasis of the body.
so since eating cookies n not getting high i noticed a patch of eczema like skin irritation i have that itches madly isnt itching and first time in years is ''reduced'' and i don't have the urge to scratch... could that be the cookies thca then ?

so last night i took 3.5grams, into 250g butter ( guide says thats strong ) is it? if he does 14 odd lol, i decarbed at 110c with oven thermometer, i did it for 45 mins, was a nice golden browny color no burns, i laid baking paper down and baking paper over the top too to shelter it from direct heat , its an oven all round temp after all , it wasn't sealed

then as it said online i did a double boiler water pan, in a glass bowl i did the butter with a meat thermometer kept it steady at 190f and 4 hours later baked cookies,
they don't get me high but they get my lad battered to the point i wanted to be ! lol giggling laughing and falling over he found everything hysterical but i ate 4 more n got not even got a tickle

so since eating cookies n not getting high i noticed a patch of eczema like skin irritation i have that itches madly isnt itching and first time in years is ''reduced'' and i don't have the urge to scratch... could that be the cookies thca then ?
Could be. Try some of that oil directly on the skin as topicals should be better for skin issues. Think about growing a CBD variety as that cannabinoid can be better for non-nervous system things. The receptors for THC are found mainly on the nervous system (brain, spinal cord, nerve cells, etc.) while the CBD receptors are more the rest of the body (skin, organs, etc).

That's oversimplified to be sure, but that's the general idea.

then as it said online i did a double boiler water pan, in a glass bowl i did the butter with a meat thermometer kept it steady at 190f and 4 hours later baked cookies,
they don't get me high but they get my lad battered to the point i wanted to be ! lol giggling laughing and falling over he found everything hysterical but i ate 4 more n got not even got a tickle
Some people's systems don't react as much to edibles so maybe you're one of those. Only one way to find out; test and test some more.

Try making a batch of canna oil on the stove top, heating it just enough to get it bubbling. At first you'll notice big bubbles which is the water boiling off, but after that you'll get lots of tiny bubbles, almost like foam and that is the decarb process taking place. Do that until the bubbles stop and that's full decarb.

At full decarb, some of the early decarbed thc will have crossed over to cbn, the sleepy time molecule but at least that way you'll be able to see how you're body reacts to truly decarbed herb in an edible. Right now you think you've decarbed but have no way of knowing just how much you've done.

Grape seed oil is the best for topicals as it's the best absorbed into the skin rather than just sitting on the skin surface. Pumpkin seed oil probably next best, then olive oil, then coconut. But, all are good. Even butter though I wouldn't want to walk around with that on my skin. :laughtwo:

But as you experienced, there's lots of goodies in this plant in all of its various stages. :thumb:

so last night i took 3.5grams, into 250g butter ( guide says thats strong ) is it?

Personally, that seems like a really weak dose. I make very potent edibles so my way is probably too much for you but I would personally try to get a minimum of 100 mg of THC per serving. You're only getting about 30 mg/ml.

Also, I don't get high with certain strains. Do you have a different strain you could try?

Personally, that seems like a really weak dose. I make very potent edibles so my way is probably too much for you but I would personally try to get a minimum of 100 mg of THC per serving. You're only getting about 30 mg/ml.

Also, I don't get high with certain strains. Do you have a different strain you could try?
right there is the conflict i see theese 100mg edibles and when i google dose says 2.5g to 20g for heavy doses..... i wondered what the 100mg doses are lol,
so ya know my tolerance i smoke 7gram a day on avg , my spliffs have 0.4 each and im quite happy smoking 4 or 5 in a go lol,

so id say i need a high as fuck dose lol, so walk me through this high crazy method my butter comes in 250g so il get 1 tomorow, and follow your instructions, the mrs is going nuts googling if she is totally imune to thc lol,

so last night i took 3.5grams, into 250g butter ( guide says thats strong ) is it?

Good catch, @HashGirl . I look at quantities in terms of ounces so skimmed that part and totally missed the important part.

I like to stuff 2 grams of finely chopped herb into each tablespoon of oil, so 4 grams per ounce or roughly 128g per liter, though I make mine in much smaller quantities than that. I could get even more in if I ground it up in a coffee grinder but there is a limit to how much a given carrier can absorb in terms of cannabinoids without leaving some behind.

4 grams per ounce of a 15% strain works out to 600mg per ounce (4x150mg), or 100mg per teaspoon.

I've extracted to olive, grape seed, pumpkin and coconut oils as well as vegetable glycerin, but not butter. Honestly I'm not a big fan of cooking with it as it's too hard to dose precisely and too easy to go overboard with a particularly good tasting batch of brownies or whatever.

So, I stick to Canna Dust.

Back
Top Bottom