Noob questions before purchasing equipment

Thanks, have checked a few of the Marshydro kits out
whats The main difference between an SP and TSL light?
is it the shape? Is one better coverage?

I think the SP improves upon the TS line a bit.
Different diodes and spectrum too for instance.
In your case I think either would be just fine for a 2x4.

Previously only ever grown outdoors but tired of dealing with pests and mould issues.
I’m about to jump into using a grow tent but have some noob questions.
As far as the tent and the lights are concerned it might help to look at some of the grow journals and read about how those growers feel about their tent size and how it matches with the amount of lighting they decided to buy.

Just my thoughts but bringing the grow operation inside does not mean that the insect and mold issues will go away. Plan ahead and be ready for powdery mildew which seems to be the most common mold/fungus type of problem. And be prepared to deal with fungus gnats which can be a common indoor problem but not an issue outside. Spider Mites are another nuisance insect for indoor growers. There are more predators outside so they can keep the pest insects under control.

You should check out the Vivosun Smart Grow tents. They come with a GrowHub that allows you to monitor and control your light, circulation, and ventilation (VPD) all from your smart phone. Use coupon code LKABUDMAN for an extra 15% off ;)

You should check out the Vivosun Smart Grow tents. They come with a GrowHub that allows you to monitor and control your light, circulation, and ventilation (VPD) all from your smart phone. Use coupon code LKABUDMAN for an extra 15% off ;)
They look like an awesome option as far as control from your phone.
Only thing is I can’t find anywhere where it says they will ship to Australia.
I really need something to get started asap

They look like an awesome option as far as control from your phone.
Only thing is I can’t find anywhere where it says they will ship to Australia.
I really need something to get started asap
Vivosun products are sold on eBay I've ordered stuff from there before
:passitleft:

As far as the tent and the lights are concerned it might help to look at some of the grow journals and read about how those growers feel about their tent size and how it matches with the amount of lighting they decided to buy.

Just my thoughts but bringing the grow operation inside does not mean that the insect and mold issues will go away. Plan ahead and be ready for powdery mildew which seems to be the most common mold/fungus type of problem. And be prepared to deal with fungus gnats which can be a common indoor problem but not an issue outside. Spider Mites are another nuisance insect for indoor growers. There are more predators outside so they can keep the pest insects under control.
Yep…didn’t think of that. It’s large green caterpillars i Fight with outside. And it’s rainy and humid as f around flowering stage so any tight bud gets infested. I’ve usually toss 25%-30% each time due to mould

Always pests I guess

About 2 months ago I bought a Mars Hydro TS1000 (150 watts). My grow space is 2.5 x 3. I bought another so I now have 300 watts in the space. Plants show a noticeable increase in growth. I paid $109 for the first one and mars sold the second for $89. So my cost was $198.

TS seem to be small and square. The others are bars with more wattage.

About 2 months ago I bought a Mars Hydro TS1000 (150 watts). My grow space is 2.5 x 3. I bought another so I now have 300 watts in the space. Plants show a noticeable increase in growth. I paid $109 for the first one and mars sold the second for $89. So my cost was $198.

TS seem to be small and square. The others are bars with more wattage.
The TSL is certainly an option.
The L model being for long and W model being for wide.
Of course, the wide / square model wouldn't be ideal in a 2x4

There is a seed bank in Australia im in Australia too ,led lights dont throw a heat signature like the high pressure sodium or metal halide lamps do they get warm but not really hot like the old days with HPS and MH you are probably going to need a 4ftx4ft tent to have more than 1 plant in it, there are 4ft x 5ft 2 room tents 1 part is 4ft x 4ft and there's another section on the end of tent for clones and mother plant that 4ft x1ft .
Im planning on buying one of them as a second grow .
Time of grow is dependent on how big you grow plants flowering will take roughly 9 weeks and add on how ever long you have it in vegetation for .
Tent should be fine in shed if you have neighbours fit a carbon filter on extraction fan .
Did I miss anything you wanted to know?
:passitleft:
Looking for more info regarding seed banks in Australia.
Who do you recommend?

@SmokingWings, Journal here.

Back
Top Bottom