Noobs shopping list

FatBagz

Hello 420 members,

This will be my first (of many) posts asking for some advice. I've been browsing the forum for some time now and I've already learnt so much. I'm itching to get started but it's taking me a little time to gather all the equipment i need right away. I would like some advice on my shopping list below. Items with [X] I already have, the others I still need to purchase. All I'd like to know is if my list contains all the basics I'll need to get my first grow underway.

Shopping List

• Trojan TG15 Gold Grow Tent (1.5 X 1.5 X 2.0 )
  • Sunmaster 600W Digital Ballast Light Kit + Euro Reflector [X]
  • Rhino 6" A1 Thermo Controlled Fan & Filter Kit
  • Rope Ratchets
  • Soil
  • Pots
  • Drip Trays
  • PH Reader
  • Nutes
  • Seeds

As you can see all I have at the moment is my lighting kit. I plan on purchasing the Rhino fan & filter next as this will set me back just over £200. I would like to know from other informed members if the kit I have on my list is necessary/of good quality.

I hope I have posted this in the correct place, my apolgies if not. I look forward to hearing off you.

Sorry guys I forgot to mention. I was advised to go for the 6" Rhino fan but according to their website this one pulls 760m3h. Would I not be better going for the 5" 400m3h? Would the 6" be overkill for the size of my tent? Thanks for the help.

FBz.

Better to be overpowered than under with your fan and filter, a good ph meter because its something you'll use alot and an ec / ppm meter is helpfull. As far as media, pots, drip trays and nutes that all depends. Are you after : Speed of growth , less maintenance or something in the middle ? Is your sunmaster ballast the dimable one ?

Hi Rhetorrikz,

Yes, I have the dimable ballast. I'm after something in the middle I suppose. I'm going for the Thermo version as I feel this would take the stress away of trying to control the tent temp myself. I'm growing mainly for personal use but also looking to grow extra for friends. I would like to yield high in the shortest time possible.

FBz.

I imagine those measurements for the tent are in meters?
I would go with the bigger fan and back it off till your happy with the settings. I would also get a small osolating fan to help circulate air and help with getting thicker stems

Hi McJoint,

Yes, the unit is meters. What do you mean by 'back it off?'. Yes, thanks I forgot to add the oscillating fans to my list!

Don't forget the bamboo stakes and some sort of twine or coated wire to tie the colas up

Turn down the fan speed, you don't need to run the fan at full tilt. I use a variac to lower the voltage, thus slowing the fan down. They also have variable speed controllers that are cheaper but they buzz alot and aren't as efficient.

Thanks Marv I will add them to my list.

McJoint, I was under the impression the thermo version of the Rhino filter will take care of the speed of the fan for me? Thus not having to buy a separate controller.

Back
Top Bottom