Nordic Guerilla - 55° North Outdoor Auto Grow

Try using salt to protect the perimeter of the pots. Big thick circles of salt slugs dissolve in salt

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi 420! Welcome to my 2016 outdoor guerilla grow:welcome:

A mate and I has set up a guerilla grow for this summer, hidden in a clearing in some dense prickly bushes we have 4 different feminised autoflowering strains, 10 plants in total.

We're growing at the 55° northern latitude in a coastal climate, the summers can be quite hot and/or quite wet with weeks of overcast/rainy weather.

9 plants are in 20L buckets with holes drilled in the bottom for drainage.

1 plant in a SWICK test run in a 4 gallon smart pot sitting on ~10cm of rinsed perlite in a 45L bucket. Hopefully this will be more water efficient, which would be a huge plus as all water has to be carried to the spot.
I'm also looking forward to see if the SWICK makes it possible to only visit once a week to feed, and also be an insurance against plants drying out.
This could prove to be a major improvement in the amount of effort we'll have to put into these type of grows.

Medium:

Biobizz Light-Mix with a generous amount of rinsed perlite added.

Nutrients:

Full Biobizz regime, but they'll get only Bio-Heaven once or twice in the beginning.

Protection:

A secluded grow spot deep in The-Evil-Forest-of-Many-Thorns.

The bucket walls lean outwards and has an edge making it hard for snails to climb the pot.

Single plant mini green houses made from 2L clear plastic bottles with 5mm holes drilled for air flow, bottom cut off and cap and stickers removed.
This will protect the young plants and help them make more of the early summer sun and stay a bit warmer through the night.

Once the mini green houses are removed a snail protection device will be placed on the base stem of each plant.

The spot could be a deer rest area, so we might put up some kind of fence at the entrance to the clearing.

Strains:

3x Berry Bomb Auto - Bomb Seeds
3x Auto Frisian Dew - Dutch Passion
2x Think Different - Dutch Passion
2x Auto Night Queen - Dutch Passion

The Frisian Dew and Berry Bomb is supposed to have some degree of mould resistance, which will probably put to the test with the high summer humidity.

The seeds were set to germinate in paper towel on the 6th of may and three days later 9 had sprouted and all were planted, and luckily all 10 broke soil.

The plants are still very small but looking nice and healty:)

Group shot Day 13 from seed

WP_20160518_20_03_25_Pro.jpg

The SWICK setup

WP_20160508_21_02_30_Pro.jpg

The mini green house

WP_20160518_20_01_53_Pro.jpg

Frisian Dew in SWICK Day 13 from seed

WP_20160518_20_02_09_Pro.jpg

Questions and comments are more than welcome

:Namaste:

Subbed in. Very interested to see how this goes in oor wee Alba ...

1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Back
Top Bottom