Nordic Guerilla - 55° North Outdoor Auto Grow

If you use eggsells i think you have to wash them 1st, am sure i read that. Better having an extra line of defence. Dont underestimate slugs. Your plants may be mature enouhh to fend off damage but still damage done does mean reduced yield.

Luckily they stopped climbing the plants when the buds started to set in, but they sure munched some early bud sites and yyoung leaves and thus reducing yield and stressing the plant.

I chopped down the 2 plants with the most budrot friday night, and my mate is out chopping the last 3 today, the weather forecast is not looking good and the plants are ready enough to chop now.

Next year we'll up the ante against those slimy c**ts;)

Harvest Update

All the plants are now chopped and drying/curing, and just in time as another stretch of heavy rain has just started.
Auto Night Queen #2 and Frisian Dew #3 was chopped 85 days from seed and Think Different #1, Think Different #2 and Berry Bomb Auto 88 days from seed.

So far it looks decent enough considering the grow conditions, though I'm a bit disappointed with the Berry Bomb Auto with only one out of three plants getting half decent.
But impressed by the Think Different with her mould resistance(the fluffy buds helped here) and frosty nugs.
I'm also liking the Auto Night Queen with her super frosty, dense and sticky nugs.
The Auto Frisian Dew was allright but nothing special, though the last of them became one of the most beautiful and colourful plants I've ever seen, in her last week, sadly my phonecam doesn't show her many bright colours very well.

I'll get the final weight in when they're all dry and some smoke reports as well after some curing and testing

Group Shot

WP_20160729_20_12_00_Pro.jpg

Think Different #1

WP_20160729_20_12_37_Pro.jpg

Think Different #2

WP_20160729_20_13_06_Pro.jpg

Auto Frisian Dew #3

WP_20160729_20_13_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20160729_20_13_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20160729_20_13_57_Pro.jpg

Berry Bomb Auto

WP_20160729_20_14_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20160729_20_14_03_Pro.jpg

Auto Night Queen, sad to see budrot in those sparkling flowers

WP_20160729_20_15_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20160729_20_15_23_Pro.jpg

Some fresh-outta-the-wash pics

Auto Frisian Dew #3

WP_20160730_00_57_30_Pro.jpg

Think Different #1

WP_20160802_01_23_25_Pro.jpg

Berry Bomb Auto

WP_20160802_01_23_57_Pro.jpg

Think Different #2

WP_20160802_01_24_21_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Nice harvest.
Love the berry bomb excellent colours.
So you just hang to dry right.
No special dry box or anything?

:thanks:

They drip dry in my bathroom or in my growroom, I have a drying cabinet with drying rack, but I need to cut the buds off of the stems and turn them often, so I just hung them in my broom closet;)

Everyone has their own way of drying rookie. I'm trying it different this time and will continue with it. Fan leaves removed and tossed, buds should be washed (watch video by jorge cervantes on bud washing), then hung to dry either whole plant or branches hung. Make sure a fan blowing air around them then after 5 days ready for final trim by ridding of stems and branches and left with nice buds. At this point they are ready to smoke but cure for a week or longer if you can for better taste and stronger effect. Make bubble with the trim and leave that to cure a minimum of 4 weeks before touching it.

Everyone has their own way of drying rookie. I'm trying it different this time and will continue with it. Fan leaves removed and tossed, buds should be washed (watch video by jorge cervantes on bud washing), then hung to dry either whole plant or branches hung. Make sure a fan blowing air around them then after 5 days ready for final trim by ridding of stems and branches and left with nice buds. At this point they are ready to smoke but cure for a week or longer if you can for better taste and stronger effect. Make bubble with the trim and leave that to cure a minimum of 4 weeks before touching it.

Great info. Is bud washing important? I will watch the video and incorporate it in my process. Im guessing it washes off mites?

Thanks Glascow.

I'll watch the video too.

I wanted to keep it all outside because of the aroma. At least in the shed I can say we've had skunks in it.
However I think I can find a place in my house which could be ideal with some elbow grease and gaff tape.

Cheers
Rookie16

I stumbled across bud washing by accident. There a BIG thread on here about it but there are over 90 pages to read through! While growing outdoors you'll have all sorts of bugs and critters over your plants, indoors dust, hair and poss pet hairs (cats/dogs if tou have them). It makes sense to wash the buds and clean them after. Also speeds up the drying process (apparently) and buds taste and smoke better. Will leave some unwashed for blind comparisons from a mate of mine. I'll know which is which and he wont. Will also do a blind test myself and with the mrs.

A point i forgot to add: after washing and hung to dry a wee bit then trim the sugar leaves. I find wet/fresh plants easier to trim than dry plants. That the trim (along with tiny popcorn buds) that is used to make bubble hash. I get trim from a pal of mine and it always dry when it comes to making bubble. This time i will have fresh trim to make bubble with (store fresh in freezer as soon as cut). I can then do a comparison of fresh trim vs dried trim. A lot of people say fresh is better but i cant say for sure.

I wonder if its better to put the product dried and in a jar for a few months before processing?? I know my bud is way better after the jar and must be the same for my cold water hash product? Of just freeze and hash the green product? It would make things easier to do it green.
I recently made hash for the first time and it turned out killer! But it was in a jar for 6 mo.

I wonder if its better to put the product dried and in a jar for a few months before processing?? I know my bud is way better after the jar and must be the same for my cold water hash product? Of just freeze and hash the green product? It would make things easier to do it green.
I recently made hash for the first time and it turned out killer! But it was in a jar for 6 mo.

You can cure your hash if you like, that's how it's done with handrub;)

You can cure your hash if you like, that's how it's done with handrub;)

Whats hand rub? Do you think the hash is better if the product is cured in glass jars first? If so how much better? And if so Im going to have to buy many glass jars! I thought of maybe a 5 gal. bucket for a few months to cure for the ease of it but plastic might not be the best cure medium. Easy would be to hash fresh, frozen green product but I want to make the best possible too. All my life all the kief Ive ever smoked has been crap. Because its made with crap product Im guessing. I made some coffee filter hash for the first time and it was the best stuff Ive ever had. Very impressed!! Now im going to buy the 3 bag system and hash all but my best bud. I throw all the leaf out. Whats your thoughts???
Also Ive thought of using a kitchen blender to process instead of a bucket and drill with a whip. Ive been shaking by hand in a jar and it sucks

Whats hand rub? Do you think the hash is better if the product is cured in glass jars first? If so how much better? And if so Im going to have to buy many glass jars! I thought of maybe a 5 gal. bucket for a few months to cure for the ease of it but plastic might not be the best cure medium. Easy would be to hash fresh, frozen green product but I want to make the best possible too. All my life all the kief Ive ever smoked has been crap. Because its made with crap product Im guessing. I made some coffee filter hash for the first time and it was the best stuff Ive ever had. Very impressed!! Now im going to buy the 3 bag system and hash all but my best bud. I throw all the leaf out. Whats your thoughts???
Also Ive thought of using a kitchen blender to process instead of a bucket and drill with a whip. Ive been shaking by hand in a jar and it sucks

Handrub is hash made by rubbing the mature flowers between your palms, it's one of the traditional ways to make hash.
Hash is never cured before being made into hash, as it takes too much time, effort and space.
I've never made bubble hash so I don't know about that, you can cure dry sift hash in powder form and press it when cured.

Personally i would use glass jars but plastic is ok. Just keep jars that have jam, marmalade, curry sauce etc and give them a good wash out at least 2 or 3 times, or more till the smell has gone of whatever was in them.

For bubble hash i would reccomend a 5 bag system: 220m, 160m, 120m, 73m and 25m. 160m is cooking grade but it can be smoked. I find 120m to be the best. Here a thread that i commented on and it very useful too - Bubble hash - Pics and questions

Personally i would use glass jars but plastic is ok. Just keep jars that have jam, marmalade, curry sauce etc and give them a good wash out at least 2 or 3 times, or more till the smell has gone of whatever was in them.

For bubble hash i would reccomend a 5 bag system: 220m, 160m, 120m, 73m and 25m. 160m is cooking grade but it can be smoked. I find 120m to be the best. Here a thread that i commented on and it very useful too - Bubble hash - Pics and questions

Thank you !!!!!!
Ive been wondering about curing it first and how. All them glass jars!! I was wondering about curing after cold process, awsome!! Half the jars!
The 5 bag system is allot more work. The coffee filter method I ran he product twice and got 2 grams the first time and 1 gram on the second on 7 grams of product on avg. You dont siphon. So with the bags I plan not to siphon so it will take forever with 5.
If my yard grow makes it I will have lots to hash. Trying to do my best. If I get the 5 bag system I can experiment with 3 or just 1 if I want. Common sense says theres a reason for 5 bags dummy so probably will be my method. Thanks for the help!!! Namaste! Oh I was wondering about making hash with blender to mix, good idea?? Im thinking with these bags I will need to buy a whip for my drill and use that in a bucket to mix like a bucket of thin set. I like the idea of a blender and its volume, good idea?
I read your hash thread on your signature and thanks!!!

You can cure your trim and then make hash but personally i see no sense in doing so. If i were you once you have trimmed your plants put all that trim in the freezer (just toss the fan leaves and stems). Separate the trim into equal size bags and dry a bag while the rest is still fresh in the freezer. Make a batch of bubble with fresh trim and a batch with dry trim (both will be equal amounts) and see which you get more from and which is better that way if you prefer dried over fresh then all you do is dry out the rest of stuff in the freezer. If you prefer fresh over dry - well you still got fresh sittingn in the freezer ready to go.

The 5 bag system isnt that much more work. Trust me, if you separate the different grades you will notice a difference when smoking them. I dont see the point in refining to an 8 bag system, least i would use is a 4 bag system - 220, 160, 120/90/73 (any 1 of these 3) then finally 25.

A blender can be used but i would strongly advise not to. You will end up with a lot of green matter going through and you will taste it and it is not that nice. Best method is to use a wooden or metal spoon as shown in that link i posted. If you want to use less effort then attach a wooden spoon to a drill and gently agitate with as little power as possible. I just use good old elbow grease and mix for 5/6 minutes decreasing each time i progress with subsequent runs.

Finally one last point - dont put too much trim/popcorn in your bags. For 1 gallon size use approx 2oz of dry matter (probably the same with wet but not sure as i use mainly dry stuff). With 5 gallon then 5 x that amount. Too much means that some trich's will get trapped within the trim in the bags. As with growing less is more. You may need to do more runs but it worth it in the end. Follow subcool's video with the tweaks i mentioned and you will end up with killer hash. Eventually you will get your own way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom