Not So Rookie Anymore

I think i might have some unfortunate news.

Besides the sudden deficiencies i just caught on the sativa and the slight burn on the indicas.

I was pulling a few leaves trying to see what was going on and open things up a little bit when i noticed the sativa...

Though its buds seem to be growing very slowly the sugar production is very far behind the indicas after pulling a few leaves and looking down into the plant i noticed some lower buds with a few orange hairs already and what could be seeds?!&#!

I cant really look at the right now so im not 100% sure

If this is the case its obvious what has happened...

And if that is the case i can only be upset with myself for using genetics i knew weren't stable to begin with..

I havent done anything to stress the plant into hermie... the other 2 are perfectly fine bulking right on up for now.

Until i can know for sure i guess ill continue on with what ive been doing

Tomorrow i am going to water with just cal mag and get back on my feed water water schedule.
I wasnt having nutrient problems at all with that.

Not sure what a hermie means for my crop if that is the case especially in this scrog!

Feminized seeds from here on out and never will again will i grow random genetics.

As far as that nectar of the gods ill be paying the invoice for shipping wednesday so that will be included next journal side by side
I guess thats the bright spot in this update...

Here are some pics
420-magazine-mobile978357834.jpg

420-magazine-mobile399501344.jpg

420-magazine-mobile751737907.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1375628586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1191992953.jpg

420-magazine-mobile989165486.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1786146883.jpg

Not So Rookie Anymore

Lootznbootz That would suck if its a Hermie. Hopefully you are wrong and its only swollen calyxes. Your grow is looking really good. What do you mean by unstable genetics?
I really hope its not the case and im just over reacting for nothing. Because i have been so excited for this grow thus far.

That seed came from a plant that went hermie on me during my second grow and lightly pollinated one of my NL.
It is my understanding that because it came from a hermied plant the chances of it going hermie are increased.

Im going to look into it more today and do a thorough check tonight when i water as well as trim everything up because its crowded again.

Thanks for stopping by keep your fingers crossed

Not So Rookie Anymore

420-magazine-mobile1848727421.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1549844757.jpg

420-magazine-mobile716206534.jpg

420-magazine-mobile915311140.jpg

420-magazine-mobile583412005.jpg

I uploaded straight from 420 instead of my gallery so excuse the picture overload.

As you can see one of my northern lights is getting very heavy as usual.
Good amounts of trichs in my experience theres alot more to come with this strain.

The smaller pheno from nirvana is showing to be typical as well not really stretching nor adding on the jawdroppinng weight like its counterpart but glistening in sugar early on

These seem to be thriving and on track for a quick harvest

As for the sativa in question i dont see any balls nor do i see any bananas
but in the last picture you can see what looks to be a seed growing just behind the orange hair?

There are a few bud like this but their all in the lower parts of the plant from what i can tell
As for the bud prodction the buds are very long and airy. You can still kind of see through them.
Sugar production is there but not like the indicas.

Also i dont see this in either of the 2 in front. So if that is a hermie it doesnt seem to have pollinated the 2 in front at least that i know of or yet IF that even is the case.

At this point if it is a hermie it hasnt done any real damage except to itself.
And my meds are for me i dont mind a few seeds this batch (tho i wont use them)
Its producing buds and sugar so if anything i can use it for some sort of extract maybe?

Also im beginning to miss my 5 gal buckets lol
their drinking a gallon in 2 days tops.
Its actually showing better results tho.

Anyone reading grow veggies by chance?
Ive literally only grown cannabis which is kind of sad.

So im starting a veggie garden and was looking for a few pointers?
If not im just gunna wing it lol
I mean hey Google got me here

Thanks for stopping by

Not So Rookie Anymore

I grow a garden every year but I haven't been real successful. Its always hit or miss for me. If you take care of your garden like you do these plants you should have 10 pound tomatoes. Lol
Lmao me and my ole lady got a laugh outta that!
Thank you

What soil do you use and any ferts?
I dont plan on using my AN line tho im sure i could

Not So Rookie Anymore

I do a soil test and then add amendment's accordingly. I use a 10/10/10 fertilizer later in the grow. I can't get my wife to quit watering them. She thinks they need water everyday and then she sprays the water over the plants instead of watering the ground. She is not allowed to help with my plants but when it comes to the veggies I let her do her thing. So that's why I haven't been real successful with veggies. Lol

I do a soil test and then add amendment's accordingly. I use a 10/10/10 fertilizer later in the grow. I can't get my wife to quit watering them. She thinks they need water everyday and then she sprays the water over the plants instead of watering the ground. She is not allowed to help with my plants but when it comes to the veggies I let her do her thing. So that's why I haven't been real successful with veggies. Lol
Thank you killian! My ole lady doesnt have an interest in gardening. Her interest is cooking with them after.
Funny i have no spending limit when it comes to my veggies lol

Anyway my plan was to fill my raised bed with ffof and ffhp and add a fraction of some timed released soil or like you said some ferts later on.

Thanks again killian!

Not So Rookie Anymore

I was thinking of doing something like a table so the bed would sit maybe on 3 or 4 feet legs but be just as deep
This would make it easier to work in plus ensure good drainage.
But i haven't quite drawn it up yet
Im sure itll take many forms leading up to the final project.
You know me and my diys lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

Ok so ive run into a little problem.
But im not panicking.
I believe its just a cal mag def. Due to too low ph.

The sativs has started to fill out a little more but still slowed growth and the leaves are severely effected.
The indicas are both in their own lane but i think their suffering from low ph as well.

I havent fed them since the last feeding since ive only watered with cal mag phd to 6.5 but i dont think that was high enough to bring it in range.

I think 1 more water calmag only not phd will get it where i need it

Im ready for this grow to be over.

For a few reasons and not just im ready to smoke them.

I dont like 3 gallon pots for flower
WAY TO SMALL!
Too much watering and espceially with the dry winter air the plants are drinking outrageously fast.
Which i believe why im having so much trouble ph/nutrient wise.

Also tho my screen is filled pretty well for my first time.
I feel i couldve gotten better results with 1 plant OR 3 clones of the same strain.
Keyword being same!
The different growth patterns are a little of an inconvenience​.

I can already tell im not going to be impressed by this yeild at all
But ill have some smoke and some knowledge gained.

Here are some pictures

420-magazine-mobile1327563355.jpg

420-magazine-mobile75378586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1363662504.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254134738.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1749336649.jpg

Kane here is how my intake is set up
4in duct fan in the 4 in hole at the bottom of my tent
420-magazine-mobile2123605619.jpg

Ducting on the outside of the tent its six inch ducting but its only pulling a short distance
420-magazine-mobile1203099880.jpg

I open my window during lights on to pull air in and down to the bottom of my tent
420-magazine-mobile1689152552.jpg

My inline fan and carbon scrubber are hooked together how you have yours and then out the tent blowing toward the camera away from the tent
420-magazine-mobile1342947078.jpg

Hope that helps you!

Thanks for stopping by and any suggestions as to how to get things figured out and back on track would be greatly appreciated

Im about 99.9% positive its cal mag i can take better pics of leaves if needed

Not So Rookie Anymore

Ok so ive run into a little problem.
But im not panicking.
I believe its just a cal mag def. Due to too low ph.

The sativs has started to fill out a little more but still slowed growth and the leaves are severely effected.
The indicas are both in their own lane but i think their suffering from low ph as well.

I havent fed them since the last feeding since ive only watered with cal mag phd to 6.5 but i dont think that was high enough to bring it in range.

I think 1 more water calmag only not phd will get it where i need it

Im ready for this grow to be over.

For a few reasons and not just im ready to smoke them.

I dont like 3 gallon pots for flower
WAY TO SMALL!
Too much watering and espceially with the dry winter air the plants are drinking outrageously fast.
Which i believe why im having so much trouble ph/nutrient wise.

Also tho my screen is filled pretty well for my first time.
I feel i couldve gotten better results with 1 plant OR 3 clones of the same strain.
Keyword being same!
The different growth patterns are a little of an inconvenience​.

I can already tell im not going to be impressed by this yeild at all
But ill have some smoke and some knowledge gained.

Here are some pictures

420-magazine-mobile1327563355.jpg

420-magazine-mobile75378586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1363662504.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254134738.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1749336649.jpg

Kane here is how my intake is set up
4in duct fan in the 4 in hole at the bottom of my tent
420-magazine-mobile2123605619.jpg

Ducting on the outside of the tent its six inch ducting but its only pulling a short distance
420-magazine-mobile1203099880.jpg

I open my window during lights on to pull air in and down to the bottom of my tent
420-magazine-mobile1689152552.jpg

My inline fan and carbon scrubber are hooked together how you have yours and then out the tent blowing toward the camera away from the tent
420-magazine-mobile1342947078.jpg

Hope that helps you!

Thanks for stopping by and any suggestions as to how to get things figured out and back on track would be greatly appreciated

Im about 99.9% positive its cal mag i can take better pics of leaves if needed

Not So Rookie Anymore
Thanks brother. Man those Nugs are fat. Looking good. You got a whole forest in that thang. Ive been keeping an eye on how that net would do. I'm sold on it for sure broski!

LOUD ONLY

So i just had a light bulb moment at work!

Im not even going to try and explain the train of thought that brought me to the idea. Just know its a busy day at work and im a little stoned lol

But ever since i added in those damn leds ive had cal/mag issues! And of course im noticing it on all the areas mostly lit by the leds!

Which is such a freaking relief realizing this because i was starting to worry.

I could be wrong but its been on my mind for a while and its the only thing that would make sense. Everything was looking amazing until i added them and it seems that its somewhat known that using leds require a bit of extra calmag. So its the only thing that makes sense im not going to removes the leds im am however going to compensate and give them more calmag as opposed to less led light.

Tonight they will be fed they havent eaten in about 8 days since i was trying to raise the ph and calmag in my soil. And stop the nutrient burn i was seeing.

Think i might have figured this out. What do you guys think?
Ill update with pics tonight during the feeding

Not So Rookie Anymore

Sounds reasonable to me given that the problem seems to have showed up only after the LED's were turned on and its predominant on the areas that the LED's hit.

Thank you both.

Glad to have second and third opinions on it.

I ws beginning to get discouraged because i had been following the same general routine as far as feeding and watering goes and thought that was my problem.

Going to tweak some things tonight for feeding so ill update later tonight

Again thanks guys for the input!

Not So Rookie Anymore

420-magazine-mobile1844934219.jpg

Kind of hard to tell but the plant in the back and the plant on the left are the ones most effected by the cal/mag def.
420-magazine-mobile901182824.jpg

420-magazine-mobile757160029.jpg

Sativa looks to be foxtailing
Very behind in sugar production as well
420-magazine-mobile1282100482.jpg

Indica swelling very nicely sugar production is up and weight is apparent
Clearly the best plant
420-magazine-mobile1370622332.jpg

420-magazine-mobile701531777.jpg

I fed cup at a time until runoff with full strength nutrients
And double the calmag.

Im using r/o water and the leds
I treat my r/o with cal mag before i add nutes EVERY time i water
And yet the plants are still showing a deficiency.
i dont believe my ph is too out of whack
Ive made a point to raise it this whole week.
And that is why i decided to go double on the cal mag.

This is the last time they get bud candy and next feeding i will give them their first taste of bloombastic at 2ml per gallon strength.
Also i will be cutting back their bigbud from 8ml to 4 ml per gallon

The indicas will get this for 3 weeks then overdrive and flush to finish up.
This may change if they seem to be finishing up earlier of course.

But ive learned that generally with this strain its about 10 weeks from the flip and their ready to my preference of course.
I like to stay well under 30% amber

The sativa i dont think ill push longer than 12 weeks.
Unless it really turns around and shows me something im not impressed...

the plan is to upgrade to a cob system
And possibly move the grow
As well as other side projects like a garden of veggies for the kids.

Im okay with some sacrifice this grow considering what i had to do to make this run happen i know my yeild isnt gunna be breath taking but ill have a few jars to hold me over for sure.
And plus im excited for my next grow and journal.
Interesting ideas brewing...

What are your thoughts?
What would you all do?

Thanks for stopping by

Not So Rookie Anymore

I'm glad you figured out your problem. Its heart breaking to get this far and start having problems with your grow. Looks like you caught it in plenty of time. Your plants still look great. This week has been exciting for me. Three of my plants are ready to harvest. I have one that will probably be another week. So it will be a busy and fun weekend for me.

Back
Top Bottom