Not sure what deficiency this is

Prototype kid

Hi guys I wondering if anyone can help with my problem here . not sure if the leaves are growing to big and tearing I have a deficiency
420-magazine-mobile2023845780.jpg
420-magazine-mobile431904594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile364028274.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1012018431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1456587495.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1018067353.jpg

Did they happen to get splashed when feeding? It is very localized and the rest of the plant looks fantastic.
I did get a bit on the leaves when watering and have also sprayed the leafs with old water which I didn't pH due to being a noob and thank you for your support

Plant certainly does look excellent. Im actually quite curious about the strain if you wouldnt mind letting me know. Is the strain naturally quite pale or is that just your camera?
Ah thank you the strain in the pic is amnesia kush . they are actually quite dark. I have a cheap phone :(

First thing I thought of, getting splashed with some nutrient water .

Happens to nearly all my plants at some point :( I'm just so careless.

Make sure to look in your media for any moving bits,( I.e bugs) and also have a good stare at all your leaves especially on the underside of the fans. Just to be 100% certain it isn't a insect problem.
I have checked them thoroughly each day and can't find Any signs of pests. Leaves feel quite dry to

Excellent. So, just some good old splash :)

Do what you were planning to do and keep an eye on it for the next 2 days. Message us if anything changes, just so we can get on top of it before anything gets out of hands.
Ah thank you so much , I won't mist anymore as I've heard it can be damaging if not done correctly . I've been told to water everyday but I dont think they need it yet as I watered 2 days ago and they are still happy and quite moist still . I think every 3 days ago will do them nicely in coco hydro :)

Ah thank you so much , I won't mist anymore as I've heard it can be damaging if not done correctly . I've been told to water everyday but I dont think they need it yet as I watered 2 days ago and they are still happy and quite moist still . I think every 3 days ago will do them nicely in coco hydro :)
Im in coco and i believe in watering(feeding) atleast everyday. Although im totally a noob, just from the gurus i've been learning from, coco ought to get watered/fed everyday, to refresh the nutes and oxygen content in the substrate/root-zone

Im in coco and i believe in watering(feeding) atleast everyday. Although im totally a noob, just from the gurus i've been learning from, coco ought to get watered/fed everyday, to refresh the nutes and oxygen content in the substrate/root-zone
Im scared of over watering , I'm in coco hydro 60/40 . I've read also that I should water everyday and other journals say 3days tops as long as plants look healthy. This really is a learning experience :)

I don't water every day until I have a good root system. Once you have good roots then you can water everyday and more. It's a myth that you can't over water coco, work on the roots when they are young and after transplant. Once you have good roots water like hydro.
Cheers
Hmm interesting. I mean i have been trying to work on roots by limiting water amounts while the plant is young, but as im using autoflower, well i dont havr all that much time to develop the rootzone haha. Next run im definitely going to try a good root-stim, but for now, since im alrrwdy halfway through week 2, i think im gonna start saturating till run-off everyday. Not due to any fear of dryness, but im still getting the hang of managing ppms, and from what i THINK i know, run-off helps keep the nutes balanced at the ratio you want within the substrate. I guess im using run-off and frequent feeding like stablizers on my first bike, while i get the hang off things.

Hmm interesting. I mean i have been trying to work on roots by limiting water amounts while the plant is young, but as im using autoflower, well i dont havr all that much time to develop the rootzone haha. Next run im definitely going to try a good root-stim, but for now, since im alrrwdy halfway through week 2, i think im gonna start saturating till run-off everyday. Not due to any fear of dryness, but im still getting the hang of managing ppms, and from what i THINK i know, run-off helps keep the nutes balanced at the ratio you want within the substrate. I guess im using run-off and frequent feeding like stablizers on my first bike, while i get the hang off things.
Mmm OK I'll go for a water every day or so . PPM is something I need it read up on as I see a lot of people checking there's and I know nothing about it's importance . So run off will keep the ppm down ?

Mmm OK I'll go for a water every day or so . PPM is something I need it read up on as I see a lot of people checking there's and I know nothing about it's importance . So run off will keep the ppm down ?
Basically, having run-off just has the effect of pushing out whats in the coco keeping the content in the coco fresh (nutes, oxygen)

Over time, its possible (probable) that your plants will eat more of some nutrients than of others, and the stuff that doesnt get eaten gets left behind and builds up, which can cause deficiency/toxicity issues and possibly end up in "nutruent lock-out", which will end up completely depriving your plants of necessary nutrients.

Also, with many forms of nutrients, when left to dry, they oxidise (i think?) and turn to salts, which are not good for the plant and will also cause issues. Run-off washes them away. And avoiding letting the substrate dry out also helps prevent this.

As i said though, im a beginner myself. I know some stuff, but there certainly are peeps who know much more than i do. And theres also the fact that many people just hsve different ideas about how to do gardening. So dont just take my word for it haha.

Anyway man, i wish you all the best. So far it looks like you're doing great!

That's a great point Jurf. Just make sure the medium is getting at least slightly dry before re-watering. The root sysyem needs to "find" the watet supply to build up a strong system. Also, if it's cintinuously soaking wet in your medium, you will encourage all kinds of bad things, whilst also slowing down plant growth since oxygen isn't being allowed to re-populate the medium :(

That's a great point Jurf. Just make sure the medium is getting at least slightly dry before re-watering. The root sysyem needs to "find" the watet supply to build up a strong system. Also, if it's cintinuously soaking wet in your medium, you will encourage all kinds of bad things, whilst also slowing down plant growth since oxygen isn't being allowed to re-populate the medium :(
Right on man. Tye thing about the roots finding the water is something i failed to mention. The "thirstiness" in moderation is really good for encouraging root growth rght?

I'm accepting images of all overwatering deaths. I don't even believe it's possible because people grow plants in water DWC.
please, Please, PLEASE....

Back
Top Bottom