Not sure what deficiency this is

420-magazine-mobile1834414661.jpg

If your plants need oxygen the absorb it from the stomata on the underside of the leaf. Luckily for us water contains enough oxygen as is without any airation to suffice our plants.

You will notice life happens in stagnant water under a light.

Agitate the water no fungus or nasty shit leading other problems like mold, ph, and so on. (For the idiots yeah your dwc needs to be airated so your water doesn't spoil not because your plants need the oxygen)

Never even heard where anyone ask pertinent questions on the environment and just assume it's this one thing that's not even really a problem. I never heard of over watering till i landed here on the 420mag page.

Let me ask you what is 1 thing this plant has that none of the others do.

Water, it's what they want, It's their blood.

No go and research a learn and then you can poke fun at morons and point fingers.
LIKE ME!

It's a myth that you can't over water coco

Absolutely, 100% Incorrect.
The myth would be "You can overwater coco."
You can't, as long as you drain to waste. Period.
Watering daily with coco, is the correct way to use coco.
Growing with coco is hydroponic growing. It's also perfectly oxygenated. Better than rockwool. Better, imo, than any other hydroponic medium. Just because it resembles dirt, doesn't mean it is.

Absolutely, 100% Incorrect.
The myth would be "You can overwater coco."
You can't, as long as you drain to waste. Period.
Watering daily with coco, is the correct way to use coco.
Growing with coco is hydroponic growing. It's also perfectly oxygenated. Better than rockwool. Better, imo, than any other hydroponic medium. Just because it resembles dirt, doesn't mean it is.

I was talking about young plants, my seedlings would not be happy if I feed them 3 times a day. You start out light until you have good roots then water like a bastard. I flood 3 times a day when mature, and they sit in 1.5 inch deep saucers full of water and it's gone in 6 hours.
Using 3 gallon bags.

I was talking about young plants, my seedlings would not be happy if I feed them 3 times a day. You start out light until you have good roots then water like a bastard. I flood 3 times a day when mature, and they sit in 1.5 inch deep saucers full of water and it's gone in 6 hours.
Using 3 gallon bags.

That's a famous trick of the media lol, pick one line of my post and call me a liar. Do you get it yet?

If your plants need oxygen the absorb it from the stomata on the underside of the leaf. Luckily for us water contains enough oxygen as is without any airation to suffice our plants.

Agitate the water no fungus or nasty shit leading other problems like mold, ph, and so on. (For the idiots yeah your dwc needs to be airated so your water doesn't spoil not because your plants need the oxygen)

Never even heard where anyone ask pertinent questions on the environment and just assume it's this one thing that's not even really a problem. I never heard of over watering till i landed here on the 420mag page.

No go and research a learn and then you can poke fun at morons and point fingers.
LIKE ME!

Dude change Meds, I'm cool with your knowledge now carry on.

LIKE ME!

The Importance of Oxygen in Hydroponic Systems | Science in Hydroponics

Prototype kid: she looks good! I wouldn't worry, it doesn't look fungal! Just keep and eye and if it spreads remove those effected leaves maybe you can trace/narrow it down to nute drops. Hell could even be something that's never been seen before and needs to be quarantined! I'm only kidding, I'm not working from home so I haven't had a chance to visit your journal to check your latest environmental parameters such as: TEMP/RH/ have you been moving your light any? You said the other were fine that's good news and take it in stride your doing a great job! No one will know your garden better than you. No one will learn from your garden more than you! This is just a little scratch on a leaf that's gonna fall off anyways, again, she's ok man.

He is spot on for oxygen needs are only on a cellular level.

But he failed to mention the area or site of root capable of intake of oxygen.

That's right oxygen atoms are molecularly bound to the hydrogen atoms
I give you
H20 or water it's 1/3rd oxygen you know, covering about 80% or our world, the only known world with plants I might add! Your roots are the only part of this system that are able to absorb h2o contrary to popular belief.

Increased water potential needs increased VPD TO REALLY GET THOSE INTERNAL SYSTEMS GOING then add the nutes then boom the fuck out of you stomata with c02 at AM HRS 55RH and 88F @ leaf, up to {only if supplementing with c02 68RH and 96.6F PM AT THE LEAF USE TEMP GUN} that's taking advantage of your aerobic systems letting your plant transpire water from the underside of the leaves forming a vacuum that sucks water and nutes from the drop root (main area of water storage and food storage)

Turbulence is needed to keep you water stable not oxygenated. Air pumps are very cheap efficient method for this task.

Ebb and flow wouldn't technically need it but to keep the res free of BACTERIA I'd recommend using one

Your not gonna change the molecular makeup of water, that's plant cells job to pass the actually remove oxygen from the water by means of photosynthesis.

If I have not broken it down enough here I can not help any of you.

Hahaha my bad!!! Anyway. Ma man, let's open this in another thread if you want to debate the merits of your claims :). We have highjacked poor OP's thread.
Good morning guys ... Seems to be alot of debate and I'm happy reading all of your replies and experiences . There's so much to take in . I watered the girls last night I gave them 2ltr each and had about 20% run off . My water goes in at 6.0ph and run off is 6.5ph ? I now have a slight understanding off ppm and salt build ups from not watering properly :) right I'm off to work for a few , good day all :)

Prototype kid: she looks good! I wouldn't worry, it doesn't look fungal! Just keep and eye and if it spreads remove those effected leaves maybe you can trace/narrow it down to nute drops. Hell could even be something that's never been seen before and needs to be quarantined! I'm only kidding, I'm not working from home so I haven't had a chance to visit your journal to check your latest environmental parameters such as: TEMP/RH/ have you been moving your light any? You said the other were fine that's good news and take it in stride your doing a great job! No one will know your garden better than you. No one will learn from your garden more than you! This is just a little scratch on a leaf that's gonna fall off anyways, again, she's ok man.

He is spot on for oxygen needs are only on a cellular level.

But he failed to mention the area or site of root capable of intake of oxygen.

That's right oxygen atoms are molecularly bound to the hydrogen atoms
I give you
H20 or water it's 1/3rd oxygen you know, covering about 80% or our world, the only known world with plants I might add! Your roots are the only part of this system that are able to absorb h2o contrary to popular belief.

Increased water potential needs increased VPD TO REALLY GET THOSE INTERNAL SYSTEMS GOING then add the nutes then boom the fuck out of you stomata with c02 at AM HRS 55RH and 88F @ leaf, up to {only if supplementing with c02 68RH and 96.6F PM AT THE LEAF USE TEMP GUN} that's taking advantage of your aerobic systems letting your plant transpire water from the underside of the leaves forming a vacuum that sucks water and nutes from the drop root (main area of water storage and food storage)

Turbulence is needed to keep you water stable not oxygenated. Air pumps are very cheap efficient method for this task.

Ebb and flow wouldn't technically need it but to keep the res free of BACTERIA I'd recommend using one

Your not gonna change the molecular makeup of water, that's plant cells job to pass the actually remove oxygen from the water by means of photosynthesis.

If I have not broken it down enough here I can not help any of you.

Hi I was wondering where you were :) interesting debate BTW .. I've moved my lights up a touch as they wasn't reaching for the light as Much as I'd like . I'm still using my 600w of cfls . I fimmed one girl and thats taken a weird turn . the new leaves are only half developing for some reason

Good morning guys ... Seems to be alot of debate and I'm happy reading all of your replies and experiences . There's so much to take in . I watered the girls last night I gave them 2ltr each and had about 20% run off . My water goes in at 6.0ph and run off is 6.5ph ? I now have a slight understanding off ppm and salt build ups from not watering properly :) right I'm off to work for a few , good day all :)
Have a great shift man!

Rofl at the shift! Yeah buddy those leaves are always going to be like that they will be replaced quickly this one should experience a fatter bushier appearance and probably shorter. But you didn't have any trouble it was simple, right! yeah yeah you've been keeping those babies watered good right from my advice?

Back
Top Bottom