Not sure where to start

Picklesinpain

420 Member
I'm going to cut through the pleasantries and get to the point.

I'm using the ISO extraction method utilizing the source by extract-craft. Now i started with some iso i used to clean my glass with, it was a dark golden colour. I'll be sure to take pictures next time. Question is, do i need to degas the solution?
Can i use my instant pot? can i muse it gto dedcarb my buds and/or decarb degas my concentrate?

I'm going to cut through the pleasantries and get to the point.

I'm using the ISO extraction method utilizing the source by extract-craft. Now i started with some iso i used to clean my glass with, it was a dark golden colour. I'll be sure to take pictures next time. Question is, do i need to degas the solution?
Can i use my instant pot? can i muse it gto dedcarb my buds and/or decarb degas my concentrate?

Not sure I understand what you’re asking, but I’ll give it a shot. I often decarb my alcohol extractions after completion. What works for me is to put the oil in a silicone container and place it in my toaster oven at 200F until it stops bubbling (usually 15-30 minutes). Once it’s done bubbling, it’s decarbed enough for me to cook with or whatever...I prefer Extra Virgin Olive Oil capsules...it’s heart healthy! You’re welcome. :rofl:

Thanks for the fast reply wow, you have answered my questions kind of, if I may be so bold as to ask another. Now I’ll provide a little more or a reference point.
Rec user when I was younger, now a medical user dealing with chronic nerve pain. I understand the extraction process and have chosen to try out the extractcrft’s the source. It’s a great machine that recaptures the ISO during the evaporation phase.

My stress comes from the notion that I need to purchase another piece of equipment... don’t want to. But most of what I read says I need to use a degassing chamber to get the last bits of stuff out. All I want is to make something to put into a cart and vap one the go.

So please point me in the right direction if your able. To be honest at this point I really need a little reassurance that I’ll get there or I’m almost there. Silly I know, but I feel like I’ve already passed my level of scientific understanding. I extract, I evaporate, I get a thick goo, then nothing. Can’t figure out what to do next. Like I said, I just want to be able to vape from a cartridge, like a vape pen. I’m at my wits end.

I take direction very well, just tell me what to do lol

Oh and thank you, like seriously. I didn’t know where else to go and ask for help. So from the bottom of my heart thank you for just being here as an opportunity for people like my self to find community and ultimately help.

There are a bunch of knowledgeable people here. I know it’s a lot to take in immediately, and it certainly can feel overwhelming at times, but take some time and read through the forums. There may be an answer just waiting for you.

That being said, let me give this another go. I think, when you say degassing chamber you are referring to a vacuum chamber. I’ve heard you get a cleaner product. I don’t use one. Mainly because I don’t really need it for cooking or making capsules. For vaping that might be beneficial. Basically all you are going to want to do is make the oil like you have (the source looks excellent) then add it to the right amount of glycerol or whatever people vape with. I don’t even think you need to decarb it if you’re vaping, but I could be wrong. I don’t use mine for vaping so I don’t have the definitive answer. Like I said though, I bet it’s already been asked and answered here somewhere.

I will offer a recommendation however. I would switch to a better alcohol like Everclear or Extractahol. You get a much better product trust me. ISO is not the best. The last thing is just practice. Learn what you can and you’ll get better at making it the way you want. Trial and error type stuff.

I wish I could offer more help, but that’s all I got bud. Good luck in your search.

There are a bunch of knowledgeable people here. I know it’s a lot to take in immediately, and it certainly can feel overwhelming at times, but take some time and read through the forums. There may be an answer just waiting for you.

That being said, let me give this another go. I think, when you say degassing chamber you are referring to a vacuum chamber. I’ve heard you get a cleaner product. I don’t use one. Mainly because I don’t really need it for cooking or making capsules. For vaping that might be beneficial. Basically all you are going to want to do is make the oil like you have (the source looks excellent) then add it to the right amount of glycerol or whatever people vape with. I don’t even think you need to decarb it if you’re vaping, but I could be wrong. I don’t use mine for vaping so I don’t have the definitive answer. Like I said though, I bet it’s already been asked and answered here somewhere.

I will offer a recommendation however. I would switch to a better alcohol like Everclear or Extractahol. You get a much better product trust me. ISO is not the best. The last thing is just practice. Learn what you can and you’ll get better at making it the way you want. Trial and error type stuff.

I wish I could offer more help, but that’s all I got bud. Good luck in your search.
Thanks so much.
I’m Canadian I can’t get anything else as far as I know, ISO was the best I could find.

I really appreciate your help the other day, it was precisely what I needed to refocus. Thank you very much. Now I must point somthing out to you, I hope you have a sense of humour.

I came to this place because it has become a place of learning and is an established 420 community. I joined so that I could post and ask 420 questions. So when I hit wall, had a brain fart and began to unravel I of course came here. You guys where amazing and responded right away, but to my surprise did’nt answer my 420 questions at all. Instead you took the time and spoke to me as a person. You took the time to address the larger issue instead of the relatively easily solved 420 one. For that I can’t thank you enough, everything you said explained my situation completely. It was very helpful for my personal wellbeing and my wife is grateful for that as well.

That wasn’t funny at all lol, I was just so amused with the entire evening. I go looking for the answers to science questions and end up finding compassion.

With ISO you can add a very small amount of water to your oil after you evaporate the ISO. Water evaporates at a higher temp so when you evaporate the water from the oil the ISO is 100% gone.

I really appreciate your help the other day, it was precisely what I needed to refocus. Thank you very much. Now I must point somthing out to you, I hope you have a sense of humour.

I came to this place because it has become a place of learning and is an established 420 community. I joined so that I could post and ask 420 questions. So when I hit wall, had a brain fart and began to unravel I of course came here. You guys where amazing and responded right away, but to my surprise did’nt answer my 420 questions at all. Instead you took the time and spoke to me as a person. You took the time to address the larger issue instead of the relatively easily solved 420 one. For that I can’t thank you enough, everything you said explained my situation completely. It was very helpful for my personal wellbeing and my wife is grateful for that as well.

That wasn’t funny at all lol, I was just so amused with the entire evening. I go looking for the answers to science questions and end up finding compassion.

LOL! It was a little funny...I thought I was being all scientific and sh*t... hahaha!

Sorry I'm late... gonna do better round the mag. Okay gimme a sec to catch up and I'll get you a solid reply

Heyyy so welcome to the awesome resource that is 420 magazine!

Yes you are correct. High temps only do so much. I bought a vacuum pump from harbor freight and a vac chamber from best value vacs. I stick to BHO or butane extractions, but the process is similar with higher temps for ethanol. Also I would use everclear over isopropyl alcohol.

What pain are you treating and have you tried eddibles or a magic butter machine?

Heyyy so welcome to the awesome resource that is 420 magazine!

Yes you are correct. High temps only do so much. I bought a vacuum pump from harbor freight and a vac chamber from best value vacs. I stick to BHO or butane extractions, but the process is similar with higher temps for ethanol. Also I would use everclear over isopropyl alcohol.

What pain are you treating and have you tried eddibles or a magic butter machine?

Unfortunately edibles just don’t do it for me, can’t explain it. It’s entirely neve pain. I’m going to complete my profile and intro to day.

But in a nutshell, I have had a very bad migraine since the end of July. Nonstop all the time 24/7. I get into more detail later. Just a quick message.

Unfortunately edibles just don’t do it for me, can’t explain it. It’s entirely neve pain. I’m going to complete my profile and intro to day.

But in a nutshell, I have had a very bad migraine since the end of July. Nonstop all the time 24/7. I get into more detail later. Just a quick message.

So nerve pain is best treated with topical application of a hight THC balm or salve. Apply directly to the area. You dont get high but the thc will block the nerves from causing as much pain.

For headaches you want CBD. I take one hit and my migraine melts away. Its rescheduled so you should be able to get cbd on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom