Nute burn, underwatering stress or something else?

Well...sadly, I'm embarrassed to say that this grow has now gone totally wrong. Humidity has been too high (I think partly because of using a large fabric pot in such a small space) and with the (quite healthy) buds with about two weeks to go, I'm now getting bud rot on the four main colas. I've removed the affected bits and will cut and dry the rest but I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing botrytis on that too as it's drying. What a sh*tshow. I think whatever was causing the dying leaves has weakened the plant such that its resistance to botrytis is lowered, which coupled with rather excess humidity means the crop was basically doomed.

This is only my fifth grow ever but previous ones have basically been totally successful so as I say I'm embarrassed and disappointed.

I have concluded that a 22 L fabric pot in a 60 X 60 X 120 cm tent creates way too high a humidity level. It was up to nearly 70% at times. I even wonder if the leaf symptoms I had might've been related to this, perhaps even root rot (haven't examined them yet). I'm pleased to say though that with the plant out of there and a small dehumidifier installed the humidity is down at 30% now and drying appears to be progressing safely. Looks to be just over 1 ½ oz of dried weight coming up which isn't bad considering the problems the plant had and the fact that I had to throw away about a third of the buds that had started getting botrytis.

Just resurrecting my own thread because I have another grow on the go and the same thing appears to be happening as above with the leaves. This time it's a different strain (AK420 instead of Mexican sativa) and at exactly the same point in flowering I'm seeing the same symptoms of dying leaves as in the pics above, albeit not quite as bad this time (yet...). For various reasons humidity isn't an issue this time. What is the same is the soil, BioBizz Light Mix (as in, the same type...I don't mean I'm reusing the same actual soil!) but this time I've hardly been adding any extra nutes and until now the plant's been healthy. I just added a small amount (1 mL/L) of Bio Bloom, Alg a mic and Fish mix on the last watering. This issue has appeared remarkably quickly but I know this can happen in flowering.

Interestingly I have done four very successful grows on the same space before these last two, but this was with a different soil, Canna Bio Terra, and I wonder if for what ever reason the BioBizz soil isn't a good combination with my tap water, since I've only had this issue since changing to that soil. I think I'll definitely change back to Bio Terra next time to eliminate that as a factor.

For the last watering, I switched to bottled mineral water and measured the pH of the run-off as about 6.5, so will be interesting to see if anything improves having switched to this instead of my tap water.

I'm not sure how I'm expecting anyone to help really but just wondering again if this scenario sounds at all familiar to anyone who might be able to help.

I'm not sure how I'm expecting anyone to help really but just wondering again if this scenario sounds at all familiar to anyone who might be able to help.
Sounds like the soil cannot keep up with the demands of the plant. The plants need more of the nutrients mentioned in the msgs from last year.

The soil might be OK as it is IF the plant does not get large or if it produces fewer flowering buds sites, etc. But if it has been a larger and basically healthy plant up to now then try adding a bit more Phosphorous and Potassium. Adding in some Cal-Mag will not hurt. The Calcium is something else that is considered good for plant health since it helps with healthy cells.

It might not be possible at this point to reverse the damage to the leaves but if using the nutrients slows down new damage and especially if it stops the damage from getting worse it is still a winning situation.

Sounds like the soil cannot keep up with the demands of the plant. The plants need more of the nutrients mentioned in the msgs from last year.

The soil might be OK as it is IF the plant does not get large or if it produces fewer flowering buds sites, etc. But if it has been a larger and basically healthy plant up to now then try adding a bit more Phosphorous and Potassium. Adding in some Cal-Mag will not hurt. The Calcium is something else that is considered good for plant health since it helps with healthy cells.

It might not be possible at this point to reverse the damage to the leaves but if using the nutrients slows down new damage and especially if it stops the damage from getting worse it is still a winning situation.
Thank you, I really appreciate this and it helped me feel encouraged!

The only odd thing is that in the previous grow where this same problem happened, I'd been feeding regularly from about 3 weeks into veg, and the problem was actually worse than this time.

Hi, I have a single plant setup in a kind of screenless SCROG / LST as pictured. It's a Sensi 'Mexican Sativa'. It was under 4 x 2 ft (96W) fluoros for veg and the first two weeks of flowering, and is now under a 150W HPS, and is six weeks into flowering.

It's in a 22 L fabric pot with Biobizz light mix. I fed 2 mL/L fish mix and 2 mL/L Alg a mic from about a month into veg, and then the same but with 2 mL/L bloom (so all Biobizz nutes too) when I switched to the HPS.

At the moment temps are 17°C min, 27°C max, read on the tent floor.

I'm now getting yellowing, necrosis, and curled crispy leaf tips, worse on lower leaves but affecting all levels as pictured.

I'm ashamed to say I did under-water it a bit, allowing it to fully wilt a couple of times a few weeks ago, my only excuse being that I have a busy life!

Does this look like nutrient burn, or a deficiency, or something else? Whilst the occasions of underwatering weren't ideal I didn't think that could cause symptoms like this, especially several weeks layer, and they seem to be getting worse... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG20210827225517.jpg
IMG20210827225446.jpg
IMG20210827225414.jpg
IMG20210827225344.jpg
Looks like cal mag she needs

Well...sadly, I'm embarrassed to say that this grow has now gone totally wrong. Humidity has been too high (I think partly because of using a large fabric pot in such a small space) and with the (quite healthy) buds with about two weeks to go, I'm now getting bud rot on the four main colas. I've removed the affected bits and will cut and dry the rest but I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing botrytis on that too as it's drying. What a sh*tshow. I think whatever was causing the dying leaves has weakened the plant such that its resistance to botrytis is lowered, which coupled with rather excess humidity means the crop was basically doomed.

This is only my fifth grow ever but previous ones have basically been totally successful so as I say I'm embarrassed and disappointed.
Keep your head up my friend stay at it u will figure this out you have any pics to post

Just resurrecting my own thread because I have another grow on the go and the same thing appears to be happening as above with the leaves. This time it's a different strain (AK420 instead of Mexican sativa) and at exactly the same point in flowering I'm seeing the same symptoms of dying leaves as in the pics above, albeit not quite as bad this time (yet...). For various reasons humidity isn't an issue this time. What is the same is the soil, BioBizz Light Mix (as in, the same type...I don't mean I'm reusing the same actual soil!) but this time I've hardly been adding any extra nutes and until now the plant's been healthy. I just added a small amount (1 mL/L) of Bio Bloom, Alg a mic and Fish mix on the last watering. This issue has appeared remarkably quickly but I know this can happen in flowering.

Interestingly I have done four very successful grows on the same space before these last two, but this was with a different soil, Canna Bio Terra, and I wonder if for what ever reason the BioBizz soil isn't a good combination with my tap water, since I've only had this issue since changing to that soil. I think I'll definitely change back to Bio Terra next time to eliminate that as a factor.

For the last watering, I switched to bottled mineral water and measured the pH of the run-off as about 6.5, so will be interesting to see if anything improves having switched to this instead of my tap water.

Not sure if your still around for this but.. fishmix is only used for veg not for flower stage. Bio grow is meant to be brought in at the start of flower this could be part of the problem IMO. I use the biobizz range also do you have there nutrient schedule this could help you a lot as a guide to follow.

Back
Top Bottom