Nutrient level question

AussieBlueTHC

I have been reading a lot of stuff and thinking about it a bit, and i have a few related questions...

My main question i guess is there a threshold or level of nutrient concentration for optimal growth.

Ill give an example.

Johnny has a plant and his PPM is 200ppm. Over a week his ppm drops to 150ppm.
Would it have consumed more if his ppm was 400ppm.??

Even though at the end of the week you would be throwing nutrient down the drain, would it make a difference?

If so then there would be a minimum threshold of concentration for optimal uptake. Else you would be best to adjust to 50-100ppm above your weekly uptake.

I hope one of you hydro growers can offer an opinion on this, as i haven't been able to find much on this exact subject.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And i know that there are variables like stran and health, but lets just assume a normal straim and good health.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

id say 200ppm is real low for hydro...

In my opinion id say it just depends on the size of the plant and the rootzone. Hence the reason we gradually increase nutes to the plants needs.

lets say a plant in veg gets 200ppm and uses 50ppm over a week or few days but looks healthy, then you have a plant at 5 weeks flower on 200ppm res drops 50ppm the same as in veg but plant looks lime and hungry.

Truth is there are so may factors that conflict with optimal nutrient level that there is no straight answer. Not only does plant size and rootball matter but environment matters hugely.

Plants needs change day to day and week to week. I would advise on running nutes in hydro to the point of slight tip burn, when you get there back off 50 or 100ppm and you have it spot on. I dont think ive ever ran a hydro plant on less than 1.0ec (500ppm on 500 conversion).

I know that doesnt give a specific answer but just my thought process after thousands and thousands of plants grown.

Peace.

Hi Aus, I run 1250 in Recirc Hydro,growstones during entire flower. I start with 400 at 2 weeks,800 4 weeks, then 800 bloom 2 weeks,then 1200 till end.. 80L rez change every 2weeks. I use 20ml Zone from (dutchmaster) to keep rez fresh as. To your point about using nutes, Your 200ppm to 150ppm would be greatly influenced by actual water uptake and size of plant. eg A thirsty/hot 2 foot plant would drink alot of water only, so your ppm could go to 250 or more in theory, so dont get hungup on ppm too much, ph 5.8-6.2 covers most nutes and is more important. The trick is to have all nutes avail in abundance when she wants em, This is why DWC wins the grow race every time. ps, I mix 5.6ph and it drifts to 6 or 6.2 over the 2-3 weeks till change.

Back
Top Bottom