Nutrient recommendations?

General Hydroponics has a few nutrient brands. I've been using Flora series for years, and had good results. I've recently switched to GH FloraNova series. Seems to be good stuff. I don't use all the extras, like Diamond Nectar for instance. It's for fluvic acids, and since I grow in peat media, I don't need extra fluvic acid.

I also grow in peat and use GH products, but I do add Floralicious and humic acid. Bought them to see if they would benefit the grow but have not noticed a signifigant difference in weight, flavor or health of the plants, now I am just using up the rest of the bottle so it gets used. I am switching to Remo to try out some new stuff in future grows once GH products are used up.

I've been using the Fox Farms trio, but I've switched over to Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nute formula that's good for the whole plant cycle. Here's a current discussion about it.

I also grow in peat and use GH products, but I do add Floralicious and humic acid. Bought them to see if they would benefit the grow but have not noticed a signifigant difference in weight, flavor or health of the plants, now I am just using up the rest of the bottle so it gets used. I am switching to Remo to try out some new stuff in future grows once GH products are used up.
I do use the Floralicious because it is a nutrient. It is supposed to add flavor, but not sure. It does add N-P-K though. Peat, being made of acidic humic substances, does not need additional humates or fulvates.

I do use the Floralicious because it is a nutrient. It is supposed to add flavor, but not sure. It does add N-P-K though. Peat, being made of acidic humic substances, does not need additional humates or fulvates.

I do not believe the Floralicious adds anything myself, and originally bought the humic acid for a soil grow and had about 40-60 ml left and just wanted to use it up so I could throw out the bottle, for some reason I could not throw out the humic acid itself. Damn I'm cheap.

I've been using the Fox Farms trio, but I've switched over to Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nute formula that's good for the whole plant cycle. Here's a current discussion about it.

Why use a nute that doesn't change for a plant that has different requirements during different growth phases? Wouldn't optimum growth come from giving the plant what it needs, when it needs it. Just like lawns. Interesting concept. I'd sure like to see some comparison growths. I even change my organic nutes in the greenhouse as the season progresses.

I do not believe the Floralicious adds anything myself, and originally bought the humic acid for a soil grow and had about 40-60 ml left and just wanted to use it up so I could throw out the bottle, for some reason I could not throw out the humic acid itself. Damn I'm cheap.
Got and acid loving plants outdoors? If you are in the west and have alkali water, it's great in the garden, and on lawns. Floralicious adds a little N-P-K, and some other goodies, but not essential. I grew for a long time with just Maxi Grow, Maxi Bloom and Kool Bloom dry nutes in Sunshine and in Hydrofarms. Biggest plant indoors for me was a Blueberry in a GH Hydrofarm with the dry nutes. 2 plants got me a pound of dry bud. I use

I use the solid GH humic Diamond Black around my acid loving plants.

FYI--Leonardite was named after A. G. Leonard, first director of the North Dakota Geological Survey, in recognition of his valuable work on these deposits. Leonardite is a soft, dark colored, vitreous mineraloid that contains high concentrations of the active humic acid (>65%) and fulvic acid (≈4%). Leonardite is an oxidation product of lignite coal and mined from near surface pits.

GH's source for organic acids.

I also use the GH trio with armor si and floralicious. the reason i use the floralicious is that it widens the pH uptake range for absorbing nutes.

Why use a nute that doesn't change for a plant that has different requirements during different growth phases? Wouldn't optimum growth come from giving the plant what it needs, when it needs it. Just like lawns. Interesting concept. I'd sure like to see some comparison growths. I even change my organic nutes in the greenhouse as the season progresses.

I was looking for a product that is simple to use and that can give me good results. MC (Mega Crop) just might be the answer. It is my understanding, that not only do you need to give the plant what it wants, but also in the correct ratio. I've read that cannabis likes an N-P-K ratio of 2-1-3. I've also read that you do not want the N:K ratio to exceed 1:3. The current MC N-P-K ratio is 10-7-18. That is pretty close to both ratios. I haven't been using MC that long, but others like @InTheShed and @MrSauga have with good results and I trust their judgement. Below is a really good post by @MrSauga on using MC. I encourage you to read it. Bottom line is that you have to do what you feel comfortable with to get the results you're happy with. Until next time, grow on brother, grow on.

I heartily endorse MegaCrop! This was my summer grow, exclusively MegaCrop:
full

Grown in ProMix HP with no pH'ing of nutes.

...I've gone organic and am quite pleased with my results the past couple years...having said that, if I was to go back to ferts'...I would take a serious look at MEGA CROP...I still may experiment next spring, as I've seen very positive results/reviews from established growers...other than that, I would probably go back to Miracle Gro... :eek: :eek: with a lil' epsom's and molasses, saving a bunch of cash...I have used FF, GH and Remo, and to be honest, didn't experience any major differences in yield/quality from when I started out using MG...as I see it, salts are salts, and MG comes in enough flavors to satisfy all needs of cannabis growth...veg to bloom...fancy names and labels don't promote growth...just my .02, and not knocking anyone's choices...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

I'm curious about what you mean by "N in the final product is a bummer"? Isn't nitrogen is necessary for photosynthesis?
N is necessary for green growth, but in late bloom, your not growing green stuff. Ive heard, but have not seen any data, that N also makes it hard to keep a spliff lit. Nitrosamines are also a concern.

I also use the GH trio with armor si and floralicious. the reason i use the floralicious is that it widens the pH uptake range for absorbing nutes.
Thanks for the knowledge I did not know that. Can you point me in the direction you acquired this info?

I've read that cannabis likes an N-P-K ratio of 2-1-3. I've also read that you do not want the N:K ratio to exceed 1:3.
Correct.... if you maintain your nutrients within close range to that then you can go through harvest without adding anything else. If your N:K ratio exceeds 1:3 then a plant may lock out it's Ca uptake.

The first pic here is without any additives with V1. The last pic is after I tinker with some numbers to match v3 formula. So ya you can add things to tweak your crop but MC alone puts out some fine plants.

1571091034644.png

1571090992094.png

:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom