Nutrients

Should I use nutrients every watering or every other?

Thanks

it will depend on your choice of media, choice of nutes, and the nute feeding schedule.

it’s difficult to answer without more info like

peeps running soilless configurations like coco coir or hempy feed nutes with every watering

for chelated or salt based nutes in soil some do feed one session and plain water for the next session, so it’s feed, water, feed, water

other may run feed, feed, feed, water…

helps to follow your nute manufacturers’ recommendations since they have invested crap tons in research.

also consider veg is one thing but the push to build flowers is nutrient intense. Seaofgreen above is highly skilled and confident his soil can carry the plants thru to the end with mostly a water only grow, that’s experience!! Weed plants are hungry eaters and it’s our job to help them reach their full potential. If it’s already built and cooked into the soil they will eat it, otherwise you must feed them nutes properly or the plant will halfway consume itself trying to hang on for survival of the species. Needless to say a well nourished plant will always yield more than a sickly one…

over time you will learn to read your plants better and feel more comfortable pushing nutes. Most of us go way beyond a simple container of soil by adding crap tons of additives to our soil and/or water during the grow however living organic soil growers like seaofgreen have done this ahead of time with a very well built soil

that’s my lie and I’m sticking with it!

As mentioned every media and grow technique would be a different answer. The actual nutrient PPM requirements of these plants is similar to any fruit bearing plant. The difference is that you can force feed these plants and they will take it and turn it into growth under the right conditions. PH is the absolute most important factor.

Every year on here, I could count on one hand, the number of plant issues cause by nutrient deficiency. They can live for weeks on just water. Almost every day there is a posted issue that stems from over feeding causing nute burn or lock out.

Back
Top Bottom