Oatbakes' Aerogarden White Dwarf + Lowryder First Time Indoor Grow

Re: Oatbakes' aerogarden white dwarf+lowryder first time indoor grow

looking good! That low ryder seems shaky at first but is really picking up. I had a buddy that grow one and the sprout was SO deformed. but the plant turned out to be his best! Autos are tough. I have trouble with them. Indoors I wouldn't even buy autos. you can get more yield just doing a reg seed 12/12 from start :Namaste: LOOKING GREAT THO!

please explain this 12/12 all through???? spectrum ?

cool so just dont go mad? dont cut main nodes?

thanks again buck

Right! If you top it it will just get bushier!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

please explain this 12/12 all through???? spectrum ?

Meaning using your lights 12 on and 12 off right from a seedling. I have done this with great success in fact SI Girl was grown from seedling at 12/12 and has about a 1/2 dozen nice colas. I would suggest in your small area to try this as it will keep the plants on the smaller side.

Can i switch to 12/12 now? My Ak48's not an auto......

quick dump!

can anyone sex this ak 48?
20120725_111933.jpg
20120725_111919.jpg

hi hows you, a few things id pick up on
1 i have got the same aerogarden and i only used it for 1 plant that i was taking clones from, you wont have much room in the aerogarden for all the plants,
2, you would find it a lot easier growing in pots and you would get a lot bigger plants,
now are you using nutrients if so what are you using.
i wouldnt mess around with the auto to much, any pruning will make the plant focus its growth on growing new leaves and this slows down the total growth of the plant.

so for the next grow id scrap the aero unless you was going to do just 1 plant in it, 1 of my plants would fill the whole of the aero garden and you will have loads of roots growing in their as well with all them plants.

if i was you and you are planning on using the aero till the end then id flip the lights to 12-12 now else you really will run out of space, you wont know sex just yet you probably wont be able to tell untill around week 2 of flower, so if your planning on using the aerogarden till the end then id flip it to flower now and leave it at 12-12, not sure how your going to get the aerogarden hood to do 12-12 though, what i did to mine was get an old stereo power lead and plug this into the hood as its the same fitting then plug that into the timer then the lights and pump would work on their own plugs instead of the same plug.

with my aero garden i found the pump pumped to much water onto the roots and this caused my plants to be deformed so what i did was cover the terminals to the pump and i added an air stone into the bottom of the res, so it basically ended up been a bubble cloner type grow, so the pump wasnt working at all and my plant grew better for it, how ever i only used it for clones once then scrapped it as i didnt like the way it looked.

you wont grow many plants with the aerogarden due to its size its ok for salad stuff and things like that but these plants get big and spread and they will soon be fighting for light and space.

so next time round id buy some plant pots 3gallon and then wire up the lights in the cupboard you are now using and get rid of the aerogarden or use it for starting clones, how ever i found the pump pumped to much water even at its lowest setting and this was drowning the plants and making the plant very pale, but its just an idea for you, but using pots you will have enough space for hte plants to grow and you will find it easier to keep in check.

but id flip the lights to 12-12 now, they wont start flowering till they are mature enough so they will still grow a while before starting to flower, but if you dont flip them now you will end up running out of room and will need to remove some plants to give 1 of them room to grow and flower properly. but if you was using pots they would be able to get much bigger and you will get more from them.

12-12 from seed, i tried this but my plan was to end up with a plant with 1 big bud, so i grew a 2ltr dwc hempie, what this basically is is growing in a 2ltr pop bottle, you cut the top off one bottle and use that for compost and to start the plant in, then the bottom of the bottle is a res, ive got 2 going now if you want to check my journal, you may need to go back a few pages to find the pics, but 12-12 from seeds takes around 8 weeks to finish from day 1 and you will only get 20g per plant, but it only uses a small space and turn around times are quick, so if you did 10 of these every 8 weeks 12-12 from seed you would end up with 200g every 8 weeks, but if you planted 10 plants every 4 weeks then you would get 200g every 4 weeks,

so ive got 4 plants growing in 3gallon pots and 2 plants that are in 2ltr pop bottles, ive also got clones and seedlings growing in my small grow cupboard.

ive got to admit though your plants look healthier than mine did in the aerogarden, i just found that i needed to wire up the hood on its own so i could set the light using a proper timer and the pump was to much for the plants, yours look ok, the chances are moving them now would stress them, so id flip to 12-12 now and get these out the way, you could even get some seeds started and get them ready for next time round, what i try and do is have some plants in flower then in the small cupboard i soak seeds and cuttings and then let them veg in this cupboard while i finish off flowering what i got in flower, that way once the plants have been harvested i have got more to move in that have been vegging for say 2 or 3 weeks, this keeps the turn around time down and keeps the grow going, i also buy autos and grow and flower them while im growing my other plants, so ive constantly got bud for myself and some to harvest evey 3 or 4 weeks.

hi hows you, a few things id pick up on
1 i have got the same aerogarden and i only used it for 1 plant that i was taking clones from, you wont have much room in the aerogarden for all the plants,
2, you would find it a lot easier growing in pots and you would get a lot bigger plants,
now are you using nutrients if so what are you using.
i wouldnt mess around with the auto to much, any pruning will make the plant focus its growth on growing new leaves and this slows down the total growth of the plant.

so for the next grow id scrap the aero unless you was going to do just 1 plant in it, 1 of my plants would fill the whole of the aero garden and you will have loads of roots growing in their as well with all them plants.

if i was you and you are planning on using the aero till the end then id flip the lights to 12-12 now else you really will run out of space, you wont know sex just yet you probably wont be able to tell untill around week 2 of flower, so if your planning on using the aerogarden till the end then id flip it to flower now and leave it at 12-12, not sure how your going to get the aerogarden hood to do 12-12 though, what i did to mine was get an old stereo power lead and plug this into the hood as its the same fitting then plug that into the timer then the lights and pump would work on their own plugs instead of the same plug.

with my aero garden i found the pump pumped to much water onto the roots and this caused my plants to be deformed so what i did was cover the terminals to the pump and i added an air stone into the bottom of the res, so it basically ended up been a bubble cloner type grow, so the pump wasnt working at all and my plant grew better for it, how ever i only used it for clones once then scrapped it as i didnt like the way it looked.

you wont grow many plants with the aerogarden due to its size its ok for salad stuff and things like that but these plants get big and spread and they will soon be fighting for light and space.

so next time round id buy some plant pots 3gallon and then wire up the lights in the cupboard you are now using and get rid of the aerogarden or use it for starting clones, how ever i found the pump pumped to much water even at its lowest setting and this was drowning the plants and making the plant very pale, but its just an idea for you, but using pots you will have enough space for hte plants to grow and you will find it easier to keep in check.

but id flip the lights to 12-12 now, they wont start flowering till they are mature enough so they will still grow a while before starting to flower, but if you dont flip them now you will end up running out of room and will need to remove some plants to give 1 of them room to grow and flower properly. but if you was using pots they would be able to get much bigger and you will get more from them.

12-12 from seed, i tried this but my plan was to end up with a plant with 1 big bud, so i grew a 2ltr dwc hempie, what this basically is is growing in a 2ltr pop bottle, you cut the top off one bottle and use that for compost and to start the plant in, then the bottom of the bottle is a res, ive got 2 going now if you want to check my journal, you may need to go back a few pages to find the pics, but 12-12 from seeds takes around 8 weeks to finish from day 1 and you will only get 20g per plant, but it only uses a small space and turn around times are quick, so if you did 10 of these every 8 weeks 12-12 from seed you would end up with 200g every 8 weeks, but if you planted 10 plants every 4 weeks then you would get 200g every 4 weeks,

so ive got 4 plants growing in 3gallon pots and 2 plants that are in 2ltr pop bottles, ive also got clones and seedlings growing in my small grow cupboard.

ive got to admit though your plants look healthier than mine did in the aerogarden, i just found that i needed to wire up the hood on its own so i could set the light using a proper timer and the pump was to much for the plants, yours look ok, the chances are moving them now would stress them, so id flip to 12-12 now and get these out the way, you could even get some seeds started and get them ready for next time round, what i try and do is have some plants in flower then in the small cupboard i soak seeds and cuttings and then let them veg in this cupboard while i finish off flowering what i got in flower, that way once the plants have been harvested i have got more to move in that have been vegging for say 2 or 3 weeks, this keeps the turn around time down and keeps the grow going, i also buy autos and grow and flower them while im growing my other plants, so ive constantly got bud for myself and some to harvest evey 3 or 4 weeks.

Let me start by saying, thank you for taking the time mate. really appreciate it. you have answered almost every question i had. i looked at my card statement today and regretted that Effing aerogrow. but i figure its way too late now so i might as well carry on. But in your opinion, maybe i should just grow out the white dwarf? i was planning on ripping out a couple anyway cuz i wanted to experiment with transplanting...would this work for 30 day olds? or should i just do the light switch and hope for the best?

If i use pots, what mixture can i use thats easily bought from a uk garden centre?

with regards to the pump, i have an air stone already and i wont mess around with it anymore. you are right about the roots down there in that little tray, they keep messing with everything.

im very keen to hatch some new beans.
maybe you can recommend a good strain for my next auto? i was thinking about getting dutch passion think different . and why woul i be benefiting in my situation growing auto's?

sorry i just blasted loads more questions......here's a couple of pics, day 30 ish. i see what you mean about the crowding. this is my first grow so forgive my newbiness but i just wanna smoosh my face all over the one in the middle. they are beautiful plants!!

20120726_222412.jpg
20120726_222330.jpg

Thanks again for the input Don, just hope the measly amount im expecting from these girls see's me into my soil days:thumb:

so,.. they're on 12/12 now and i changed the water, cleaned the tray and added new water with ionic hydro bloom nutes with a little less than stated on the bottle. my ph strips are reading ph6. the white dwarf (biggest one) is showing spots on one side so ive moved the lights up a bit as the top branches were about an inch away from them. ive also started germing 3 of my free seeds from herbies. aaaaaaand ive bought a a100 vipar led which will arrive next week. yay. cant wait.

can anyone suggest a good medium to use with a mix of perlite and vermiculite?

20120729_102445.jpg
20120729_102417.jpg
20120729_102433.jpg
20120729_102408.jpg

spots on leaves
20120729_102425.jpg

check out those shrubs! :cheesygrinsmiley: Nice!!

hi, hows it going, im growing in soil and i just use the cheap stuff from asda, i have even used compost from the pound shops and found it brilliant, i have neve used perlite and have not had any problems, and if you check my journal you will see the results im getting, you dont need perlite as long as you dont over water and you let the compost dry out before you water next, id leave the plants you got now on 12-12, i wouldnt get moving them now it would stress them to much and possibly go hermie.

now for the autos, the only auto i have come across that gives a decent yield is the big bang auto, its gives arround 4oz per plant, but as you know, autos dont need to go 12-12, so its best these are kept under 20-4 from day 1 till finish, i have not tried the big bang auto myself but growers on here have and both got the same results, at over 4oz per auto i think its worth a look, big bang auto its called.

so for the compost go with anything that says john innes on it, getting this will be all you need, dont go with miracle grow as it messes everything up with the nutrients, so use any compost thats peat baste, all i use is the cheap compost and im getting great results, so just use what you can get, feel free to ask any questions and ill do my best to answer, when i get back ill post the brand of my compost, it was £2 from asda so its only cheap but it works a lot better than most bigger branded and more expensive brands, i have never used perlite and its not needed as long as you get to gips with not under or over watering, so as long as you do that you will have no problems, what you could do is wait say a week then plant some seeds and start your soil grow, then when the aero has finished you will have some decent sized plants ready to go to flower, that way you wont be doing a whole grow from the start. its what im doing at the minute, ive got my flower room with 6 plants in it, plus 1 auto, then i have got clones and seedlings in a smaller room, these are vegging while i flower the other plants off, then once i have harvested the other plants i can then move these into the big room and veg them for a week or 2 at the most then flip to flower, doing this keeps me in rotation and ive always got a smoke,

their is another option open that autos, what you can do is get regular seeds ie none auto and plant them and dont give them no veg time, this means they go 12-12 from the day you plant them, you should then get the same as you would off a small auto, i have done 12-12 with a 2ltr pop bottle grow and got just over 20g dry in 8 weeks, so 12-12 from seed takes 8 weeks roughly from start to finish so thats something for you to think about.

you could of really went 12-12 with the aero garden from day 1, cuz even under 12-12 from seed they still veg for the first 4 weeks before starting to flower,

but having some veg time will increase the returns you get.
if you check out my grow journal and go back a page you will see the 2 x 2ltr dwc hempies, these are 12-12 from seed, now as these are grown in a 2ltr pop bottle it means they dont take up any space, so you could easily do 10 of these in the same space you would normally do 1 plant in 3gallon pot, so 10 x 20g every 8 weeks is 200g every 8 weeks, this isnt bad, but the problem is getting that many seeds or clones, so what i do is do 3 or 4 normal plants with normal veg time, and when i flip the veg to flower i then start my 2ltr grows, this then goes 12-12 from seed and usually finishes before the other plants.

now the lighting method i use is called glr, it might be something to much for you at the moment, i was confused when i first found out about it but i have used it for all of this grow and love the results and the plants grow like crazy, give me a shout and ill tell you more about gas lanter routine if your interested, i hope i have covered as much as i can for you, remember you need nutrients as well, some for veg and some for flower,

give me a shout if you need any thing or have any questions and ill do my best to answer them

help ! whats happening to my plant! i got rid of the ak so it was just white auto and lowryderauto. changed the water and added fresh nutes and switched lights to 18/6

20120731_213941.jpg
20120731_213850.jpg
20120731_213828.jpg
20120731_213812.jpg
20120731_213721.jpg

BUMP!

help, its getting worse. all the canopy is drooping and copper coloured

it looks to me like the plant has been poisened, check the nute strength you used, so if your not using nutes made for these plants then you risk using way to much, these plants are weeds so dont need the nutrients say house plants need, id flush the water out and start again, it looks like to much nute to me, empty the res and fill with water and see if they pick up, you will need to add some nutes in but id say do it at quater the strength, it will take a day or 2 to pick up though, but to me it looks like over nute, im sure deege can jump in if im wrong.

ill post your problem in my journal and get someone to come over and let you know whats going on

i just sent out an sos for you mate, ill do what i can to get it sorted and get you the help you need, im not the best to give advice on your grow as i grow in soil, but ive put the msg out their so im sure someone will be along soon and let you know what the problems is.

could it be the lights, are the lights to close to the plant, what temps have you got, are the temps to high

you are the man! i gotta say, i wasnt toooo careful measuring. im using ionic hydro bloom. got 2 new seedlings ready now and i got my led coming tomorrow hopefully. I WILL GET THIS RIGHT!

temps are around 83f, lights were a couple mm too close so ive moved them. the bottom growth is struggling too. ph is 6 ish....poor girl

im sure someone will be along to give more advice, to me it looks like light burn or nute burn, do you spray the leaves with water, if you do then stop, its not needed and will burn the leaves as the lights will cause it to burn, with nutes you need to be very careful as they are very strong, never use at full strength, always start at quater strength then slowly work your way up, so nutes can only be given at half strength as these plants really suffer at full strength, i use blue planet nutrients, 3 part plus bloom booster, this can be used at full strength and can be used for soil or hydro, so thats what im using,

ill send some top growers your way to have a look, the temps are slightly high but nothing to worry about, 78f is the best temp but my plants prefer and grow better at 85f, make sure your checking the temp at the top of the plant, your ph seems ok as well, 5.8 is the best im told for your type of grow but im sure others will tell me if im wrong,
ill send some growers over to have a look and help solve the problem

i dont spray no. the plant next to her is absolutely fine. less developed but healthy and green and begining to flower.

the leaves on the top are almost dead. the bottom is looking better but the bronzing/drying is graduating towards the skirt.
i really should have asked which nutes to buy before just doing one search. but if it is nute burn, why is the other plant right as rain?

again, thanks for all the help. this forum is my best friend at the mo haha

temps are around 83f, lights were a couple mm too close so ive moved them. the bottom growth is struggling too. ph is 6 ish....poor girl

well don said you had a problem and since I am a soil grower this is all I can do for you. go to my screen name and check out my blog there is a chart with pics that describe different nute problems hope it helps. I dont think its light burn. hope it helps you:peace:
also I do know that your reivoir temps should be no higher then 75

reps indeed!!

im gonna put some more detailed pics up in two secs.

Back
Top Bottom