Octopot grow

I haven’t had any stagnant water problems. I’m using MegaCrop only. Thanks to @bluter @MrSauga @InTheShed for the MegaCrop instructions (been lurking here for quite a while) Thanks to @SweetSue for the Octopot!
4DD2A2EF-E89D-4520-846E-1AE6A59A7A4E.jpeg

1 - Somango XXL
3 x 3 tent

I haven’t had any stagnant water problems. I’m using MegaCrop only. Thanks to @bluter @MrSauga @InTheShed for the MegaCrop instructions (been lurking here for quite a while) Thanks to @SweetSue for the Octopot!

1 - Somango XXL
3 x 3 tent

Ooooo.... the Octopot is like moving to a whole new level with cultivation. Your garden is stunning, BTW. :thumb:

I’m assuming you found the Octopot thread? You owe that passion I expressed to @overlord. Has he seen your grow? (He will now. :laughtwo: ) He has wonderful experience with Octopots too.

Also, if he’s still around, @BrixNewb grew some of the biggest cannabis plants I’ve ever seen indoors with his Octopots. By now he’s gained much more experience.

Wanting to try Octopots for my next grow, looking for advice.

We have a dedicated thread that would be helpful to your cause - Octopot Adventures.

Feel free to stop and ask any questions. The guys are most helpful. :battingeyelashes:

And good luck with the upcoming adventure. You’ve seen nothing like what you’ll be seeing once your plants get going in an Octopot. Brace yourself for the joy and satisfaction. This is what growing is supposed to feel like. :blunt:

1 - Somango XXL
3 x 3 tent
We have a dedicated thread that would be helpful to your cause - Octopot Adventures.

Feel free to stop and ask any questions. The guys are most helpful. :battingeyelashes:

And good luck with the upcoming adventure. You’ve seen nothing like what you’ll be seeing once your plants get going in an Octopot. Brace yourself for the joy and satisfaction. This is what growing is supposed to feel like. :blunt:
Thank for the reply, grow looks amazing. I will check oit the links. Thank you again.

Wanting to try Octopots for my next grow, looking for advice.

They work, and they do not need airstones.
In fact I use a living soil mix and they work fine.
Chris from octopot has changed some things and parts of the instructions on their website.
In fact he has announced he is starting his own supersoil run, which was advised against in the instructions at one.time.

Also Inwould not put 1 quart of water around a seedling.or.clone an let it seek the res.
I lost a couple doing that, instead fill the res to the first marker and water from the top thoroughly. Let the roots follow the water down as it.dries. if needed add a cup around the seedling if needed.

You can see a couple runs.of mine by following my sig or going to kitchenhawk's thread Boptang Fems Test Run

I run some his boptang later on the the thread. No training or topping, look at the jungle that happened.

I am also on IG as "overlordsgrow".

If you have questions feel free to ask.

They work, and they do not need airstones.
In fact I use a living soil mix and they work fine.

Chris from octopot has changed some things and parts of the instructions on their website.
In fact he has announced he is starting his own supersoil run, which was advised against in the instructions at one.time.

Also Inwould not put 1 quart of water around a seedling.or.clone an let it seek the res.
I lost a couple doing that, instead fill the res to the first marker and water from the top thoroughly. Let the roots follow the water down as it.dries. if needed add a cup around the seedling if needed.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Just joined the forum so I could follow along on all things Octopots. I "discovered" them a couple weeks ago on another forum and read through a few journals that quickly convinced me that they are what I was looking for. Starting a grow in a neighboring state that allows Medical Cannabis to be grown for the patients medicine. A couple hours drive to The Dacha where the magic is happening.
In fact, FedEx just showed up. Headed there now. I will finish my thoughts later. Thanks for the INFO I was looking for in your reply quoted above.

Just joined the forum so I could follow along on all things Octopots. I "discovered" them a couple weeks ago on another forum and read through a few journals that quickly convinced me that they are what I was looking for. Starting a grow in a neighboring state that allows Medical Cannabis to be grown for the patients medicine. A couple hours drive to The Dacha where the magic is happening.
In fact, FedEx just showed up. Headed there now. I will finish my thoughts later. Thanks for the INFO I was looking for in your reply quoted above.
Thank you for the reply.

So I have my Octopot, which arrived this week
I plan to set it up this weekend and I have 4 spouts in solo cups. One of which will go into the Octopot.
The other 3 will go into traditional Airpots.
My question is to what type of media do people advise using.
I can go with either coco and perlite 60/40 mix or I also have Promix HP.
Is one better than the other?
Also They say maintain a PH of 6.3, but if it's in coco, shouldn't it be 5.8 - 6.0?
@InTheShed or @SweetSue or @overlord or anyone else, please opinions?

I plan to set it up this weekend and I have 4 spouts in solo cups. One of which will go into the Octopot.
Also They say maintain a PH of 6.3, but if it's in coco, shouldn't it be 5.8 - 6.0?

I have know some who use promix hp along with the TTF line of organic notes with great results.
I have been using promix hp mixed with quoddy lobster compost, beerkashi, and superfrass. Using water only which is filtered tap water but not RO water.

None of us adjust for ph.

I believe @BrixNewb did adjust ph, I know he tried several nute lines with success and he added cal/mag. Although I haven't seen him here lately.

I would suggest you check the octopot FB group, there are all kinds of post using different methods.

ProMix is buffered so no need to pH your nutrient solution, but with coco you will need to stay in the 5.8-6.1 range. Beyond that it's your call!

Back
Top Bottom