OG Kush DWC/Lucas 1800W LED

hell yeah dood. Irish pointed me in the right direction for sure! lol I just wish these would hurry up haha.

lol. its a good growing way. ever thought of trying the Flora nova in the Lucas formula? i know Lucas him self uses the Flora nova now, must be a reason. it would be allot easier thats for sure.

have you used any additives or keeping it straight LF?

Also ..the only people that could afford to grow for those prices are the ones that have entire warehouses full ... something I personally feel doesn't go along with the share the love philosophy. Everyone should earn a good living ... small guy to the large commercial co-op ... not the large setup putting everyone else out of commission. This conversation came from my cousin that lives up in Northern Cali. He says everyone shares the love there...or if they don't they are quickly shunned. Communities should support their local peeps ... no matter what the industry. In other words .. i make a buck .. i spend it down the street ..they make a buck ..they spend it next door ..ect. One should be proud in knowing the 10% premium they are paying goes to the very community they live in. Look at the sidewalks, the parks, oil changes, groceries, even the cars your neighbors drive.

I think growing is a good conversation with you and your friends that all share a common goal. Thoughts about cost-benefit analysis and nickle/diming your buyer are not or should not be present. An honest and fair price should be attainable ..even after bartering. Thats the fun ya know. As long as not one single link in the chain becomes greedy ..then it works ...and works well.

Im not saying good cheap medz is bad, but pure smokers have no idea how much work keeping a premium garden going. I certainly was one of those smokers. Some people always want more for less no matter the real cost. You could even tell them your exact cost to produce something and they would be happy with you losing money not even thinking about the ramifications of when that grower is gone. There will always be people that will short-sell others for a penny less ... just like there are people that shop at wal-mart with zero regard to the communities they often destroy ... then there are those that appreciate what a good mom and pop store has to offer and will gladly pay the extra peanuts to get that "cheers" feeling.

Now if all the growers stopped selling at whatever price ... dispensaries wouldhave no choice but to pay more or close.

In this particular case ... charging a few dollars more a gram doesn't hurt anyone and keeps good growers growing.

I just picked 4000 as some random number to easily figure recovering initial investment on equipment. I also feel 4000ish is a fair price for premium medz.

I figure there are those that shop at nordstroms ..and those that shop at target ..are there not high-end dispensaries as well?

Anyway ... all this is simply how I look at life and commerce ... just my humble opinions. Free market always gets prices to rock bottom ... good people will ignore the free market to an extent to support other good people. Ill get off my soapbox now and get back to some bong hits for jesus.

Brother, I couldn't have said it any better!! Thats whats wrong with the dispensaries in Central Cali, no love in the local community and shortchanging the growers and charging the cardholders a frigging premium for what I consider to be mostly mids. And don't get me started about where I'm stuck at now!! The people here (where I'm living at now, not this forum!) HAVE NO CLUE!!! I keep running into crap they say comes from norcali and are trying to get 5600lb for it here, in the city its even crazier because the idiots that sell by the gram are selling stuff at 30, even frigging 50 a gram, can you believe that crap!?!
People here nickel and dime you left and right here, it's like it became a way of life or something, and I am in a better part of the state!! I have had to stay apart from my wife and kids for the past couple of years, just because of this situation, unable to grow for myself (because of the kids being here, no way my wife takes NO CHANCES when it comes to our kids, I have a son whos a second year cadet at the air force academy and a daughter with straight a's her first year at a major state college here, big proud papa am I). The one good thing now is they are finally looking at medical mj RIGHT NOW!! So, in short, I tried to rep you for what you posted, the whole world needs to run that way, the world would be a beautiful place.. Keep the faith, bro!!

BTW - DAMN!!! That is one hella looking tent, bro!! I love it when they look that way, almost thought that was Irish's tent from the last grow with all those strings!! Awesome job, cant wait to see the "weight"!!

lol. its a good growing way. ever thought of trying the Flora nova in the Lucas formula? i know Lucas him self uses the Flora nova now, must be a reason. it would be allot easier thats for sure.

have you used any additives or keeping it straight LF?

Im from the school of if it ain't broke don't fix it:hookah:

Maybe ill try the floranova in a single bucket next run. Seems this OG is so finicky ...and i found something that works for it Ill probably keep it that way (at least for OG).

as far as additives ... calmag, great white, bloombastic ..and now some of GH's version of grape... and i can actually taste the grape ... i didn't expect iwould be able to.

I still need to tweak the mix a little and will experiment with using zero micro next run and replacing it totally with calmag (flowering only).

I know im pushing 80ish days flower now ... this particular strain/pheno must be really really sativa dominant. Not that I mind now ..but if this garden wasn't turning purple I probably would have searched for a shorter flower period strain.

Id really like to get my hands on some real chemdawg. I might take a trip to wherever I can find a bag full of clones.

Im from the school of if it ain't broke don't fix it:hookah:

Maybe ill try the floranova in a single bucket next run. Seems this OG is so finicky ...and i found something that works for it Ill probably keep it that way (at least for OG).

as far as additives ... calmag, great white, bloombastic ..and now some of GH's version of grape... and i can actually taste the grape ... i didn't expect iwould be able to.

I still need to tweak the mix a little and will experiment with using zero micro next run and replacing it totally with calmag (flowering only).

I know im pushing 80ish days flower now ... this particular strain/pheno must be really really sativa dominant. Not that I mind now ..but if this garden wasn't turning purple I probably would have searched for a shorter flower period strain.

Id really like to get my hands on some real chemdawg. I might take a trip to wherever I can find a bag full of clones.

why use great white and spend all that money when ur using chemical nutes? that stuff kills the micro life and makes it allot less effective. its made for organics brother. i would also keep the micro its more then cal/mag. and with the lucas is what our plants want in that ratio.

why use great white and spend all that money when ur using chemical nutes? that stuff kills the micro life and makes it allot less effective. its made for organics brother. i would also keep the micro its more then cal/mag. and with the lucas is what our plants want in that ratio.

Some strains ... especially the chemdawg lineage ..doesn't work well with standard lucas. I tried it for 2 weeks ...while staying alive they were all wilted...

as soon as calmag was added (i read it on swerves forum) they exploded. He even suggests using calmag instead of micro... so i dunno.

All I know is this stuff is fire. Even wet it blows me away.

As far as lucas killing the great white ... it will not if you keep the res temps abnormally low (my res temps dip down to 58 on some days and never gets above 62). According to reading ... with those lower temps the beneficial bacteria and the GH Flora line can live together without much issue.

ANyway ..thats just my experience. Maybe im a little lucky i dunno ..but it works either way.

Some strains ... especially the chemdawg lineage ..doesn't work well with standard lucas. I tried it for 2 weeks ...while staying alive they were all wilted...

as soon as calmag was added (i read it on swerves forum) they exploded. He even suggests using calmag instead of micro... so i dunno.

All I know is this stuff is fire. Even wet it blows me away.

As far as lucas killing the great white ... it will not if you keep the res temps abnormally low (my res temps dip down to 58 on some days and never gets above 62). According to reading ... with those lower temps the beneficial bacteria and the GH Flora line can live together without much issue.

ANyway ..thats just my experience. Maybe im a little lucky i dunno ..but it works either way.

you have to adjust things and see what works for you.

thats cool if its working, learn something new every day because everything ive read says the salts and chems will reduce ur micro life big time. i still think you could save allot of money and go with Age old mycorrhizal or the Mykos one. GW is way over priced IMO. but at the end of the day its ur money and if it works they dont fix it.

either way you have killer meds and have come along way from the 1st grow, so congrats. it only gets better.

looks like harvest is coming. Almost all the trichs on the sugarleaves are amber ...and about 10@ on the nuggets ... so its time!

next photos will be some goodies :hookah:

Getting realllllll close then!!:cheer:

Getting realllllll close then!!:cheer:

yup ..its all cut ... and here are the first few i cleaned up

pile4.jpg

I had two huge piles 3 feet tall with stuff basically like the above haha. was like stacking tobacco back in the day.

anyway ... i have an truckload hanging now. in about 10 days or so we will trim them up better.

Very nice nugs couldnt expect nething less than excellent. Looks like the Ganga gods are in your favor my friend. Hope that smokes as sweet as it looks:tokin:

fucking nice... i just aquired 2 RP OG kush clones today from a well known sorce of mine who poped them from seed also got.. cali conections larry OG and Raskals OG

well done buddy. looks awsome. if i was u i would smoke some of that then go hit up ur new fav bar. looks like a nice place. lol!!!!

Back
Top Bottom