O'haze Red: typical growing pains or something to worry about?

bettygreen

This is my first post. It's also my 3rd grow, but really the first one where I bought seeds, planned it, and have been keeping an offline grow journal.

The basics: 4 fem O'haze Red, mostly sativa (only having issues with 3)
*Grow: 40 days from seed
*Bloom: 5 days into bloom
*600wLED at 20" from tops
*pH H2O 6.4
*Temp: day 84F night 68
*Humidity: day 42 night 70
*Soil is locally made organic potting mix blend in 3gal Smart Pots
*Using Advanced Nutrients 3 part & supplements, once a week
*There are other plants in this grow that are not experiencing any issues, so it seems to be a problem specific to this strain

This grow has gone fairly easily, except for a minor pH issue at around 2 weeks from seed. I remedied this as soon as I understood the problem, by pHing my tap water (well water) down from 7.8 to 6.4. Since then, no issues.

Of the 4 strains I'm growing, she is the only Sativa. After fimming at 3 weeks, they slowed down, as expected. It took them about 10 days to start growing, and then they started sprouting lots of new shoots. At first, the new growth was only light green, but would darken after it grew out a day or two. 10 days after that new growth started, I noticed the leaves were staying very light green, longer; while the new growth is narrow, like a sativa should be, it's also staying tiny in diameter. I switched to 12/12 5 days ago. The issue isn't getting worse, but it's not improving.

Today, with their regular watering, I supplemented them w/some micro nutrients which include iron, manganese, & magnesium. I also stuck a galvanized nail into the soil of each plant.

Nothing is dying. Everything is growing. But, there's something wrong. Especially when you look at how beautiful the rest of my girls are doing. So, is it a deficiency or is it how these buggers grow?

I will post pics as soon as I can upload them.

The top 3 photos are of the Reds with issues.

The 4th is a smaller Red with no issues. She is in a 2 gallon pot, rather than a 3 gallon pot, b/c she was runty from the start.

All plants were topped during grow.

20171201_112902.jpg

View image in gallery

Just read something that sativas tend to have lighter colored leaves, anyway. Is this true? My girls' leaves probably are still too pale, though. Not sure if I should worry or not.

After treatments yesterday, the leaves are darker with only the very newest staying pale.

The new growth will always be a lighter green shade, specially noticeable when they are stretching. I think they look great so far.

So, just typical Sativa growing pains? Yay!

This strain, from the descriptions of it, should make some very fine medicine. I don't want to lose them b/c I do something stupid.

Here, just to show my other tent, which has Pakistan Valley (back row) & Critical Kush. These girls have been ridiculously easy to grow. I topped the CK, but left the PV alone; I also did some minor pruning to expose the bud sites in all but PV1, which is my control plant.
20171129_171922.jpg

Back
Top Bottom