Old Phototron Experiment

I hope so.I won't be trimming again.........

Looking healthy as ever today.Seem to be no worse for the wear but like I said I won't be trimming any more.
Update pics monday.

Lol,yeah it is.Hell dude,you wanna talk poor mans grow,this is it.
I will get a fan and have been pondering many things but for now this is it.
I might rig a system of pc fans as I have many.
Stay tuned!

30 days in,give or take a day.They seem to be recovering ok since my whack attack.Still on 24/7 cycle.Maybe 12/12 starting next week.
Not a great camera but you can get an idea where I'm at.

GEDC1093.JPG

GEDC1092.JPG

GEDC1091.JPG

GEDC1090.JPG

GEDC1089.JPG

GEDC1088.JPG

GEDC1087.JPG

GEDC1086.JPG

GEDC1097.JPG

GEDC1094.JPG

Need to water today and was wondering about adding more chicken poop.
I got it fresh from some free roamers,dried,then ground it fine with an old coffee grinder.It's very fine.That and my miracle grow soil are my only nuts.
I haven't heard anything good about miracle grow but it's what I have.
All suggestions welcome.Thanks for watching.:peace:

Thanks Ms.Fox!
I think the worst has passed.Need to be more careful in the future. :)

Came to the conclusion that waiting another week to start 12/12 wouldn't really matter.
Starting 12/12 tonight with a mechanical timer.On in the day,off at night.8to8 sounded about right I guess.Let's see what pops up.
I figure a minimum of 80 days.Time will tell.

Just a few pics.Day 2.5(beginning day cycle)since 12/12.
They look pretty lame in comparison to what I've seen around the boards but I really am enjoying this time spent regardless of how it turns out.:smokin:

GEDC1098.jpg

GEDC1099.jpg

GEDC1100.jpg

GEDC1101.jpg

GEDC1105.jpg

GEDC1106.jpg

GEDC1107.jpg

GEDC1108.jpg

GEDC1109.jpg

GEDC1112.jpg

:peace:

They look pretty lame in comparison to what I've seen around the boards but I really am enjoying this time spent regardless of how it turns out.:smokin:

They look great!

Thanks Ms.Fox. :)
Next update will be Mon.
I get a kick out of comparing pics as they progress.
So many good journals to read in the meantime.

Got a question for ya's.
First,as alot of you may know,the phototron lets in light through the housing as it's just tinted plexiglass.
To solve this I have it contained in a closet with zero light penetration during night cycle.
This morning when I went to say hello,first thing I noticed was a serious growth burst from yesterday but the leaves are unusually bright green.
Did some board searching and came up with an answer.
This could be caused by cooler temps at night.
I am not sure how to resolve this in a practical manner.
I do leave the fan on at night,it keeps it pretty windy in the box.
Would turning the fan off at night be a good idea or is there maybe another way to remedy this that I may be overlooking?
Thanks.:peace:

they grow in the dark.. all plants repair themselves and stretch and grow at night thats why you need zero light at dark time. They gather nutrients during the day and grow at night.... at least thats what i always have been told

they grow in the dark.. all plants repair themselves and stretch and grow at night thats why you need zero light at dark time. They gather nutrients during the day and grow at night.... at least thats what i always have been told

Yepper,I understand the photocycles,I was just curious if anyone had a similar problem with maintaining warmer temps in night cycle.
I'm sure turning off the fan will help but not sure if it's a good idea?
I have another mechanical timer I could use with it,was just hoping to see if anyone else had any thoughts on it.
Thanks for poppin in BubbaKush.:byebye:

Nice surprise this morning.Only 4.5 days in with 12/12 and have 3 confirmed fems so far.Pics and hopefully more fems Mon.Sweet!:smokin:

Ok,so I'm pic happy.Had to put at least one up till Mon.
For pistil shots I'm going to have to borrow a friends cam,this one just won't cut it.
Btw,I'm not foliar feeding that's just distilled water.I mist in the morning.
GEDC1117.jpg

:peace:

I'm going to hold off with pics for awhile.Next pic update will show more progress that way.
7.5 days into 12/12.Everything looking good.
This is going to be a long grow.No biggie,I have the patience and am enjoying it.
I will continue to pinch back as needed.I have also been implementing the FIM technique
and am getting good at it.
I want the end result to be wall to wall,top to bottom GREEN.
The cool lights don't affect the leaves very much when they touch.
Ok,thanks to those that have been following this experiment.
I'll update in a week or two.:peace:

So I was in the backyard and came across these just growing all on their own.
Don't have a clue how it happened.Must have been some seed throw away.
Anyhow,one is female and starting to flower.Going to bring it inside in the next couple weeks.
Pics of my tron tomorrow.:smokin:

DSCF1020.JPG

Day 13 12/12.Full slow ahead.Nothing new to report,still alive and well.
Snapped a few shots then batteries died....
I'll be lucky to have this grow ready by christmas the way it's going but hey,it's just experimentation after all.
Hydro is my next experiment but that's another journal.
New batteries and new pics next week.:peace:

DSCF1022.JPG

DSCF1023.JPG

DSCF1024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom