Oldbear's Latest Experiment: Cannberries, Cannachews, Budlette Berries Or Whatever

Here is an update on my instant harvest infusion.
Everything baked as per normal with a little more bubble action - assumption is that this is water boiling off.

The oil is ok but not as strong a usual. The strength of the buds is unknown of course plus I think my ratio of bud to oil was too low. No worries I'll remix the oil with more bud to strengthen it.

The buds themselves are interesting. This was done with only mild stirring and no grinding or crushing. This may explain the low strength too.

The buds have retained their shape and they are cooked to the point that they are crispy. The texture is accompanied by a mild taste with no cannabis like taste or smell. Since there is oil on them, and cannabinoids that were not extracted, they provide a noticeable reaction. Very pleasant.

Toasted crispy buds in olive oil.

I'll do this again to increase the strength but at this point but I'd score this low on the great ways to process buds scale.

It think the oil would make them more bioavailable, so it may be a matter of cannabinoid concentrations.

Decarbed buds are crunchy and very tasty, with a nutty edge to them. I’ll let you know later if there’s any euphoric effect. I had two before heading out on a walk.

This is so much nicer than chewing gum. Lol!

Woot. Had a decarbed canna berry about a half hour ago. Very pleasant reaction and nutty crunchy the same as yours. Heated for 45 minutes only. Very pleased with the results of this :thumb:

Today's second adventure is to do a second extraction using first rum mash. That's what I call the leftovers from bud bits in edible oil decarb and infusion.

It's bubbling so something good must be happening. Update to follow ......

Ok there is a problem with Crunchy Canna Berries.

Unlike fresh rolled Cannaberries, these have been decarbed. SweetsSue always has great ideas

I'm usually an edible oil under the tongue person. These have a mild immediate onset and a stronger but pleasant delayed reaction. I made the rookie mistake of trying a second one before that showed up. Very pleasant now oh yes.

I give this my :thumb: and recommend to all cannabis eaters to try this with your popcorn buds, or smaller bits of big buds.

You must be able to deal with sticky fingers. Plus this gives you an opportunity to find any seeds.

Oh the problem with them is they are too easy to make, too portable, and too easy to pop one in there anywhere anytime.

Now to speak to the baker about chocolate coated crunchy Cannaberries
And red with a surgery coating like jelly beans.

I do appreciate you posting the effects under different circumstances, we have a better idea of what to expect.

Duggan found out last night, that his infused oil taken after he ate, and at 1.5 tablespoons wiped him out and he called into work. LOL

I know the feeling as it has happened to me, nonetheless I made the biobombs to be as strong as possible. In the past they did not do much, maybe make me feel comfortable and relaxed. After storing in the fridge for a couple of months they became much stronger.

That in the fridge comment is interesting. My stash of mash has been in the fridge about 3 months.

I wonder if it all just gets better with slow curing of whatever type of cure is used. I'm a graduate of the old hang the plants in the shed until you need one method.

Appreciate your presence here.

That in the fridge comment is interesting. My stash of mash has been in the fridge about 3 months.

I wonder if it all just gets better with slow curing of whatever type of cure is used. I'm a graduate of the old hang the plants in the shed until you need one method.

Appreciate your presence here.

So that you know, I keep this mini-fridge just above freezing to store canned drinks.
Sue says BadKat I think it was, use to tell her that freezing and thawing several times breaks things down and makes them bioavailable.

I may try that next time I make some, mix the oil with EVOO and sunflower lecithin, then freeze and thaw the mixture a few times to see what happens.

Great idea! I tried eating a bud fresh after reading Sue liked the taste. I love the taste.

My first grow would give you all a laugh. No idea what I was doing so never trimmed or gave much time to the plant. (Tough growing season due to very high heat limited most gardens.) Neighbor flooded her lawn daily which flooded my plant. Almost moved the plant but was established. It is still alive and now I see the beauty of the flowers. Will have jewelers tool next week to see the wonder more clearly. Amazing.

There are many small buds seen so will be perfect for trying these. Thanks!

I've got too many balls in the air ......

Update on second run decarb and infusion. Very pleased with the result - pleasant nutty flavour, no cannabis smell, no terpene burn, very pleasant effect just as strong as first run.

Definitely worth doing the second run.

These leftovers may have nothing much left in them but I don't know that for sure. What do do with it hmmmm I wonder if I can ferment it?

Good idea. :high-five:

Well, my tolerance is a little higher than yours, I suspect, but two of the decarbed canna berries made for a most pleasant morning at the senior center. :battingeyelashes: I was filled with a delightful sense of wellbeing and the morning went wonderfully, including calling the BINGO! game after lunch.

It wasn't until I got home later that I realized how well the time had gone on such a small amount of cannabis.

I like both kinds, decarbed and undecarbed. I can see I'll likely always have a couple jars to choose from sitting around. Lol! I'll be keeping my eye open for a small tin for my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom